Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - 100 Km Challenge: Qudra to Faqa - Dubai - 2 Sep 2023

Ale Vallecchi

Dear Desertnauts, @PETELCZYC PAJERO - luke - Major Vladimir 'Popski' Peniakoff - Demolition Team, @Faraz94 - Captain Michael Crichton-Stuart, Combat Unit G, @Ben Lee - Captain Edward 'Teddy' Cecil Mitford, Combat Unit W, @Ahmed Wagdy - Captain P. J. D. McCraith, Combat Unit Y, @Richard Franks - Captain Patrick Clayton, Combat Unit T, @Bjoern - Captain Donald Gavin Steele, Support Unit R, @Alphin Aloor - Captain Travers John Durrant Birdwood, Combat Unit P:

In welcoming our new LRDG member, @Johannes Roux - Major Kenneth Henry Lazarus of the Rhodesian Squad, I would like to ask all of you to go along this cosplay idea and come to the drive wearing whatever military clothing you may have in your wardrobe. The idea is to take a nice group photo at the end of the drive, like this...

War and Conflict, World War Two, pic: circa 1944, Western Desert, North Africa, A New Zealand patrol of the Long Range Desert Group, part of the...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • WOW (+2) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

This is truly amazing drive theme and re-enact of decades back history with modern 4X4.

Amazing idea @Ale Vallecchi, keep inspiring all of us with your brilliant creativity.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

3 hours ago, Gaurav said:

This is truly amazing drive theme and re-enact of decades back history with modern 4X4.

Amazing idea @Ale Vallecchi, keep inspiring all of us with your brilliant creativity.

@Ale Vallecchi I totally love the idea

• Thanks (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Ahmed Wagdy said:

Sorry Ale, i have to give up my rank and my very difficult name , my son got sick today and his doctor's only available slot is tomorrow morning

Hello @Ahmed Wagdy. Sorry to hear that. Hope your son gets well soon. You'll be recruited for the follow up mission 🙂

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad (0) 1

Major Bagnold, do you have the rendezvous co-ordinates for us, sir?         @Ale Vallecchi 😎

Edited by PETELCZYC PAJERO - luke
  • Well Done (+2) 1

My dear Popski @PETELCZYC PAJERO - luke. We'll randevousz just beyond the fuel pump at Qudra's resting post:

https://maps.app.goo.gl/BmX6exFCP6U3iQoF7

See you and the fellow patrols tomorrow morning. 

A short mission briefing will follow shortly. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

@Ale Vallecchi Not sure if LRDG had those back office / off desert support staff :D , But if it had any, i am the one. Have been reading about it and already having a screenplay of this amazing theme! 

https://lrdg.hegewisch.net/ - For all other convoy members, while Ale will be relaying lot of this tomorrow, I thought in case someone wants to relate to ! :D

@PETELCZYC PAJERO - luke : Major Popski :  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Popski's_Private_Army  This will be first time Popski will not be in a Jeep but in a mighty Pajero ! 😎

• Like (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use