•  

Morning Intermediate Desert Drive - Exploring Razeen - Abu Dhabi - 23 Sep 2023

Gaurav

14 minutes ago, Stumpy Paj said:

Taking the 611 and coming in the other way is over 100kms shorter and a hr less driving. means I get a little more beauty sleep. 😳
IMG_5062.jpeg.833b8539967e6e3de19a48ce41904635.jpeg

I Will have to go easy on the loud pedal on the way, will save on speeding fines. 😂

What is your fulling plan? make a round of Al Qua?

• Like (+1) 1

don't drive like its your last one.

30 minutes ago, Looper said:

What is your fulling plan? make a round of Al Qua?

I am planning on getting fuel at the Al-haffar ADNOC (24hr)  and taking a 20lt Jerry can. (Number 1)

there is the closer ADNOC at AL-RAZEEN (number 2) but it is not 24hr, opens at 6am I think.

IMG_5063.jpeg.c58c19a7e003ad533f7c3d6a1faf31c4.jpeg

• Like (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, Stumpy Paj said:

I am planning on getting fuel at the Al-haffar ADNOC (24hr)  and taking a 20lt Jerry can. (Number 1)

there is the closer ADNOC at AL-RAZEEN (number 2) but it is not 24hr, opens at 6am I think.

IMG_5063.jpeg.c58c19a7e003ad533f7c3d6a1faf31c4.jpeg

Just a cautionary note that for the last 90 km or so the drive towards the end will be in complete darkness as there are no lights there on that road reaching the meeting point in this direction. My plan involves avoiding jerry cans. If not, then this is the way to go. In the other way it's about 60 km in darkness.

For most parts, it's an 80-100 km road but very few radars. In the other side it is a 140km road in Abu Dhabi except from a small section in Al Ain town. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

@Gaurav calls the drive Razeen but the entire planning needs to be done for Al Qua. Normally that involved us reaching the evening prior and having a nap at the desert and may be loose an iPhone or two in the process. 

• Haha (+1) 5

13 minutes ago, Looper said:

@Gaurav calls the drive Razeen but the entire planning needs to be done for Al Qua. Normally that involved us reaching the evening prior and having a nap at the desert and may be loose an iPhone or two in the process. 

Hahahah, good one @Looper, maybe I want all IM to level up their game with this one, you never know.

Planning for the route, fuel station, sleep, weather conditions, sunrise, drive in the dark or with clouds, and time for breakfast and lunch is more suited for Newbie and Fewbie.

IM + Exploration should mean all participants should be ready for everything and think outside their comfort zone.

Drive detail: 4-hour exploration of the new area, where I have never driven before.

So we might cover 40 - 80 km off-road in this 4 hour, so you can factor extra jerry can or not based on your own calculations.

My own plan: As my car gives 350 km on-road and 160 km off-road, so I will carry one jerry can and drive from the nearest fuel station with gentle on gas. I most likely will cover whole drive plus driving to fuel station after the drive, but still keeping 1 jerry can because its exploration and we might burn extra fuel sometime.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

1 hour ago, Gaurav said:

Hahahah, good one @Looper, maybe I want all IM to level up their game with this one, you never know.

Planning for the route, fuel station, sleep, weather conditions, sunrise, drive in the dark or with clouds, and time for breakfast and lunch is more suited for Newbie and Fewbie.

IM + Exploration should mean all participants should be ready for everything and think outside their comfort zone.

Drive detail: 4-hour exploration of the new area, where I have never driven before.

So we might cover 40 - 80 km off-road in this 4 hour, so you can factor extra jerry can or not based on your own calculations.

My own plan: As my car gives 350 km on-road and 160 km off-road, so I will carry one jerry can and drive from the nearest fuel station with gentle on gas. I most likely will cover whole drive plus driving to fuel station after the drive, but still keeping 1 jerry can because its exploration and we might burn extra fuel sometime.

Looks like a ton of fun guys enjoy it! Sorry I couldn’t make it along. Next time though for sure! 

• Like (+1) 1

@Salim Akhtar you have been moved to RSVP. Please confirm if you still like to join this IM Exploration,

• Like (+1) 2
  • WOW (+2) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

On 9/20/2023 at 5:39 PM, Zed said:

There's another ADNOC Gas Station 80km from meeting point so you can save 20km range 😅  After filling there you exit first right into the farm road and keep on pushing till you see the Big Razeen Roundabout.

ADNOC Service Station | Al Faya (891)
https://maps.app.goo.gl/wxxEQHC7hhNjhPnw6?g_st=ic

@Zed this one is gud for us, coming from Abu Dhabi city and is open 24/7

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

24 minutes ago, Salim Akhtar said:

@Zed this one is gud for us, coming from Abu Dhabi city and is open 24/7

Yes WhatsApp me before leaving, we can sync up at Adnoc, then drive Fast 'N' Furious style and use adrenaline to fight off sleepiness in the dark long straight boring road towards Al-Quaa, and probably have wasted enough fuel, needing transfer from jerry-can into our tank during deflating 😂

• Haha (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use