•  

Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Tawi Nazwa - Sharjah - 01 Oct 2023

Looper

1 hour ago, Mohammad Sayawoush Azad said:

Nice video thank you very much. May I suggest that you use a gps remote instead of fiddling with the phone while driving. Alternatively few also use the watch app as well. I have in the past used to use the phone app but now use gps remote. This also helps record the gps telemetry (in my experience) with much more precisely than the phone app.

• Like (+1) 3

don't drive like its your last one.

11 hours ago, Mohammad Sayawoush Azad said:

Video of todays Drive

https://youtu.be/4iD2A2k5Rts?si=LzmDlw7x3Sc8yzeq

20231001_193036_071.jpg.eea6ec30c98a5728bc1f65bbab5d0346.jpg

That's a lovely destination to drive. I missed it.

Hoping to join soon on the next. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

@Looper My sincere appreciation for leading us to a wonderful drive it was surely amongst one of the top ones for me. The climate was fantastic too overall.

@Mohammad Sayawoush Azad, @Haneef Thayyilboth were amazing handling their huge heavy V8 behemoths on the later half of the drive. Amazingly nimble stuff.

@Haneef Thayyil, bro, you were holding back abruptly or paused momentarily quite a few times, and surprisingly those places there were no obstacles or similar which could cause that. It just used to come out of nowhere for the minutest of periods but was enough to cause a sudden pace drop behind to us.
Maybe some distraction. But it has happened on earlier drives also, so humble request to have a feel there.  

@Issam AtraBro you were resilient and never looked lacking. Only places where you had a refusal was due to me holding your position up. Super bro.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

530855730_Screenshot2023-10-03225130.png.9bf98386b2ab5f75a1aba423e6b2b518.png

Introduction

I'm a little late to write about the drive as I had back-to-back drives last week (4 in all Friday through Sunday) and afterwards I edited a couple videos on Sunday and Monday evenings. But here I am with the drive report for the Fwbie Drive on Sunday Morning. Unfortunately, @Joji varghese who was going to support the drive had a battery issue. The briefing was short since three out of four of you drove the previous morning with me and the brief was clear that no fighting Gravity, because we don't want pop-outs similar to the ones we had the previous morning. (PS: I have kept my jack in the factory seal till now and I was not ready to break it. 😜)

Drive Report

We started slowly getting acquainted with the terrain which is ravaged by preexisting tracks. For the first 22kms we trained mild ridge riding and side sloping with the aim to climb the tall dunes to the north of where we started. We continued to drive without any stoppages for refusals. We did however have to stop a couple of times to adjust the action cam of @Mohammad Sayawoush Azad and a further couple of times to deal with his bumper. Then the real action began as we drove towards camel rock. While we did not drive at FB+ speeds, we saw our companion convoy driving; yet we moved at a brisk pace navigating though the winding dunes giving a roller coaster ride feeling. We stopped at Camel Rock to take a break and enjoy some breathtaking views. The weather was still not hot, and we could gather our thoughts. 

Next, we climbed the Pink Rock from the back side, because why not? Frankly, it looked like another place altogether, not recognizable at all. After that we practiced few sidees on the side of Pink Rock climb. It was almost 8 am already so it was time to head out. The message was clear, no distraction and we also need a lot of attention as the drive will take us through some of the tallest and windiest dunes in this part of the Sharjah desert. We drove like a row of ants, following the track lay in front of us going up some steep hills without any qualms and, the radio silence only being broken by @Lalaji declaring everything is okay at the back. For convoy, the adrenaline rush it was feeling did not let it know but, finally, at about 8:50 a.m.; When we were on the top of Big Red, we started to feel the strain that this drive had put upon us. We did a couple of more sidees on the side of Big Red and exited at 9:00 a.m. half an hour later than what I declared at the start of the drive but, the delay was only because we were having so much fun driving. 

Credits

@Mohammad Sayawoush Azad, I am glad that you and your companions had a fun drive, after an excruciating previous morning. You did well as a second lead, keeping adequate distance as well as keeping up with me throughout the drive climbing every hill that lay in front of you without any issues. You could have easily realized the potential of your ride. It sure needs some modifications to be suitable for more intense off-roading but soon you will have a lot more fun in it. As we both realized at the end of the drive, this hobby can be quite addictive.

@Haneef Thayyil, you cannot have just one and call it enough driving a week, can you? Nice to see you again, in what paraphs third drive with me on the trot.  However, as I pointed out during as well as on the previous post, you were keeping a lot more distance between you and the car in front, which can result in you losing track, especially in a place like Tawi Nazwa where there are millions of them.

@Lalaji, you kept pace with the Y62s in front of you, matching their speed as well as hill climbing prowess. I also appreciated your announcements for everyone to know that we are doing well at the back. You also made it up by coming for the Sunday as promised the previous morning.

@Issam Atra, I have previously heard about a lot of your ride. At Carnity, we adore XJs and you showed us why. You were at the sweep of a very short convoy and obviously had ample fun.

See you all in the next instalment of Looper's loops.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

don't drive like its your last one.

Thank you very much @Looper You entertained us and made us exceptionally happy. It was a drive with the utmost enthusiasm and excitement. I learned a lot on a personal level. Thanks also to the entire nice group. Thank you again and I hope to see you soon 😊

• Well Done (+2) 1

Thank you @Looper it was one of the best drive for me so far really enjoyed every moment, it was so nice to see moving the convoy from beginning till the end except few refusals before we exit.   I was more careful to avoid pope-out after the Saturday’s drive, hitting a bush while slipping off from a dune and was so scared of the bushes and took extra care on sharp turning too. This is why sometimes I got more distance from the car in front of me, but learned a lot from last two drives thank again @Looper and everyone.  

Off-roading is my life as you said I take all possible chances to join almost all drives ☺️ Currently I’m on vacation for few days will join again once I’m back hopefully we will drive again together.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use