•  

Morning Intermediate Drive - Shuwaib Sprint - Area 53 - Sharjah - 28 Oct 2023

Looper

@Rob S Yes we will go to Shuwaib. We will start at Badayer

• Like (+1) 2

don't drive like its your last one.

What a great morning out @Looper  challenging terrain, high speeds and large distance made for a focused couple of hours of driving by all. Highly enjoyable. Thank you so much. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

This is the first IM drive that I posted. It was only a portion of drive of the Team Looper practice run in which we started from the 2nd Dec Cafe and ended at Shuwaib. In that drive we did around ±85 km. But what I didn't realise at that time but later that we did a fantastic amount of milage on this drive about ±92 km. 

Today's rule was: do not fight gravity and giving in to the tracks and go where they take you. It was a miracle that we did not have any pop outs and only had few refusals that the driver could self-recover and at no time we had needed any kind of assistance from others in any of the refusals.

In the morning when we started it was a bit nasty, due to all the wet sand in that area. everyone was struggling and perhaps looking back on the choices they made to join this drive. As the sun kept rising the convoy got into the rhythm and we found our matching tune. It was a lot more fun drive after we left Iftar Bowl and we found a some fantastic spots after we crossed Super Bowl behind, which is a trash bind for all intends and purposes.

I loved the small technical patch we did. Frankly It has been ages that I have seen pristine desert. I could have driven more in that place, riding on the bland ridges it was 100% therapeutic for me.

@Patrick van der Loo, @Bjoern, @Ranjan Das, @Bashar Beasha, @Jona, @Amir Amiri, @Rob S, @Rajiv Sam - Thank you all for joining. See you in the next one.

image.png.09f02f4b28abfc0ba2ac6227891df1f4.png

image.png.987429878831f5d85cde8c6294d9b5d7.png

My other phone shows 92.06 km for the same track and 26.6 kmph.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

don't drive like its your last one.

Fantastic drive today! Thankyou @looper! Well done to all, special shout to @Patrick van der Loo for tough job in SL and @Rajiv Sam sweeping! 

"Looking back in the choices the made to join the drive" is a very true statement! At the beginning and around superbowl it was muddy/cruddy/horrible in the tracks at the back. However, it was a great drive in-between those at the beginning and the sand and route chosen by looper through the second half made it a fantastic morning!

Thanks again and well done to everyone! 

• Like (+1) 4

What a drive today. It’s true @Looper, at the beginning I had my doubts but after you announced it on the radio that we need to change the way we drive it turned into a really enjoyable challenge. Excellent effort from everyone, especially at the back, navigating through beat up tracks. 

• Like (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use