•  

Sonic Desert Experience Sitdown- The Dark Side Of The Moon Album - Dubai- 4Nov 2023

Frederic

Will you be camping that night at the location ?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be camping that night at the location ?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure yet

Calling all Carnity's Prog-Rock Lovers and Pink Floyd Fans !

DSOTM.png.2e2b0b102133df8ab5efff007d44b708.png

Pink Floyd's album "Dark Side Of The Moon", was released in 1973, and has now sold more than 45 million copies. The album is a unique sonic experience and what better place to experience it than in a desert together with other music lovers !

The Dark Side of the Moon - Wikipedia

We will be playing the full album (42min) and projecting visuals on a screen, on a late evening in the Dubai desert. 

Where and When: 4 Nov 2023 in Murquab, Dubai from 7.30PM to around 10PM

1. Meetup at 7.30PM at the following location: https://maps.app.goo.gl/uopjiWe7XBGGEaWG6

2. Deflate and drive to the desert where we will set up the audio and video.

3. Bring out the chairs, blankets, and listen to the full album together cinema style (no late arrivals, driving around, bright lights,or other distractions. (phones switched off). This album deserves your full attention. Dancing is allowed if you feel like it :) drinks and snacks as well of course!

4. Camping afterwards is possible if anyone likes it. Free of choice. 

If this formula proves successful, we will be organizing regular winter sonic experiences. Stay tuned !

PS This is not an offroad- drive.

• Like (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 5
  • Well Done (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

• Frederic changed the title to Sonic Desert Experience Sitdown- The Dark Side Of The Moon Album - Dubai- 4Nov 2023

Great idea Fredy to commemorate the 50th anniversary.

Great concept, love to experiment with something new and different.

I am in with Iraj.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

4 hours ago, Frederic said:

If this formula proves successful, we will be organizing regular winter sonic experiences. Stay tuned !

Or movie nights, with After Party Drives. Sure to be a hit with people who want to camp and drive. Please count me in for the music festival followed by a drive  🚙🚙🚙🚙 !!!

• Like (+1) 1

don't drive like its your last one.

4 hours ago, Frederic said:

Calling all Carnity's Prog-Rock Lovers and Pink Floyd Fans !

DSOTM.png.2e2b0b102133df8ab5efff007d44b708.png

Pink Floyd's album "Dark Side Of The Moon", was released in 1973, and has now sold more than 45 million copies. The album is a unique sonic experience and what better place to experience it than in a desert together with other music lovers !

The Dark Side of the Moon - Wikipedia

We will be playing the full album (42min) and projecting visuals on a screen, on a late evening in the Dubai desert. 

Where and When: 4 Nov 2023 in Murquab, Dubai from 7.30PM to around 10PM

1. Meetup at 7.30PM at the following location: https://maps.app.goo.gl/uopjiWe7XBGGEaWG6

2. Deflate and drive to the desert where we will set up the audio and video.

3. Bring out the chairs, blankets, and listen to the full album together cinema style (no late arrivals, driving around, bright lights,or other distractions. (phones switched off). This album deserves your full attention. Dancing is allowed if you feel like it :) drinks and snacks as well of course!

4. Camping afterwards is possible if anyone likes it. Free of choice. 

PS This is not an offroad- drive.

Great idea @Frederic! If for nothing else, would have joined another Pink Floyd fan. Alas, am travelling next week.

P.S. being a die-hard fan and over the years have realized that one can do many things while listening but certainly can't dance ;-) 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Love the idea @Frederic would love to  attend but got another concert in Dubai

• Like (+1) 1

This idea is so cool @Frederic

My fav Pink Floyd song is either another brick in the wall, breath or maybe comfortably Numb! I can’t really decide tbh. 

this similar idea implied with listening to some 50s-90s playlists alongside camping and driving would be awesome :) 

I’ll see what I can do. To join up in November if I can :) 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Benjamin said:

This idea is so cool @Frederic

My fav Pink Floyd song is either another brick in the wall, breath or maybe comfortably Numb! I can’t really decide tbh. 

this similar idea implied with listening to some 50s-90s playlists alongside camping and driving would be awesome :) 

I’ll see what I can do. To join up in November if I can :) 

I’ll take “Comfortably Numb” over “Another brick in the wall” any day 😜. Especially the love Pulse version or Pompei 2016 version. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

13 minutes ago, Gok Krish said:

Now we are talking !!

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use