•  

Morning Intermediate Desert Drive - Nahil / Sweihan - Chase the Waypoints - Abu Dhabi - 12 Nov 2023

Ale Vallecchi

DRIVE PLAN

The drive will be built as a "compilation" of waypoints, one chosen by each driver, which the lead will try to connect with the smoothest, most effective, and fastest route possible. You will be provided with a picture of the map of the general area that we plan to visit, and our starting point (see above). After studying it on any mapping application at your disposal (Gaia, My Trails or even Google Maps), you should submit your chosen waypoint (a special dune, a sabkha, a farm, a group of trees), that you'd like to explore. The selected waypoints will be posted on Friday, and the plan will unravel from there, connecting the dots.

MUST READ AND COMPLY

DRIVE DETAILS

• Level:  Intermediate and above
  • When: 12 Nov 2023, Sunday
  • Meeting time:  7:00 AM
  • Meeting Point: https://maps.app.goo.gl/tHc2kYpqkEpjsdXG6
  • Approximate finish time: 11:30 AM
  • Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.
  • What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, enthusiasm, and willingness to learn.  

MANDATORY OFF-ROAD GEAR:

• Tire deflator & Tire pressure gauge
  • Compressor
  • Walkie-talkie radio
  • Off-road flag
  • Shovel, Tow Rope & 2 Shackles
  • First-aid kit
  • Fire extinguisher

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• This drive is limited to 10 cars only. RSVP will close on Friday
  • If the RSVP is full, you can add your name to the waitlist, once anyone drops, you will be moved to the RSVP list.
  • RSVP will close a day prior to preparing a convoy list.
  • Latecomers will be returned - Without any exceptions.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned - Without any exceptions.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON BELOW CALENDAR

• Like (+1) 2
  • WOW (+2) 1

Dear @Jona, @Beide Worku, @Imteeaz, @Tareq Al Turq, @Ranjan Das and @Salim Akhtar, welcome to the drive.

As announced on the post, please start looking at the area we'll visit, from Nahil across Nagra and beyond, to select the waypoint of your choice. You may refer to the screenshot of Google Maps that I have posted, searching within the area that I have highlighted in red. Begin exploring from the planned meeting point and study the area through any mapping application you are used to utilizing; I personally use My Trails, but most I am aware work with Gaia. Once you have found a point of interest that you wish to reach, please take the waypoint, and post it in this thread. I'll collect the chosen marks by Friday morning, so I may look at them together, and devise a suitable drive's plan. We'll share together, before setting off for the drive, my reasoning for the route that we'll plan to take. 

Thanks a lot, and keep me posted.

• Like (+1) 2
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

56 minutes ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

Dear @Jona, @Beide Worku, @Imteeaz, @Tareq Al Turq, @Ranjan Das and @Salim Akhtar, welcome to the drive.

As announced on the post, please start looking at the area we'll visit, from Nahil across Nagra and beyond, to select the waypoint of your choice. You may refer to the screenshot of Google Maps that I have posted, searching within the area that I have highlighted in red. Begin exploring from the planned meeting point and study the area through any mapping application you are used to utilizing; I personally use My Trails, but most I am aware work with Gaia. Once you have found a point of interest that you wish to reach, please take the waypoint, and post it in this thread. I'll collect the chosen marks by Friday morning, so I may look at them together, and devise a suitable drive's plan. We'll share together, before setting off for the drive, my reasoning for the route that we'll plan to take. 

Thanks a lot, and keep me posted.

24.37207, 55.51787

@Ale Vallecchi i have provided the coordinates for now - at the foot of Nagrah Hill - lol 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

4 minutes ago, Imteeaz said:

24.37207, 55.51787

@Ale Vallecchi i have provided the coordinates for now - at the foot of Nagrah Hill - lol 

image.png.ac6739172c149b1d41b8bc53b379212e.png

Naqrah hill itself is a bit further, but no doubt you guys will have fun in that area :) 

• Totally Agree (+2) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

39 minutes ago, Imteeaz said:

24.37207, 55.51787

Thanks a lot @imteeaz. We'll surely reach that area and enjoy it. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Hi @Ale Vallecchi, i'm liking the experience already as its building up the expectation for a splendid drive on Sunday. Much looking forward.
I selected a dune near to Imteeaz's; hope we would be able to cruze through it as well

24° 22' 13.03" N, 55° 30' 56.45" E

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

1 hour ago, Ranjan Das said:

Hi @Ale Vallecchi, i'm liking the experience already as its building up the expectation for a splendid drive on Sunday. Much looking forward.
I selected a dune near to Imteeaz's; hope we would be able to cruze through it as well

24° 22' 13.03" N, 55° 30' 56.45" E

Thanks @Ranjan Das. Second waypoint added, at the back of Nagra, separated from the first by a nice "valley" with trees, and a set of tall dunes. 

Screenshot_20231107-161202_MyTrails.jpg

• Like (+1) 3

Hi Dear @Jona, @Beide Worku,  @Tareq Al Turq,  @Salim Akhtar allow me to leave here a couple of tips on the selection of your waypoints. Try to spread them around,.as at this point Nagra dune is well covered. Look for other dune formations, group of trees, technical areas, or anything else that tickles your imagination. 

i will add a waypoint of my own by this Friday, which is the deadline to choose the waypoints. 

Enjoy!! 

• Like (+1) 3

Important Information

Terms of use