•  

2 Days All Level Overlanding Drive - 7 Emirates - 2 and 3 Dec 2023

Frederic

17 minutes ago, Damian said:

Thanks for organizing and the extra instructions re E11. We will be driving down from AD (early start!) about 2 hrs for us. We will refill at the E11 ENOC you suggested. Our LC 300 has split 80/30 petrol tank but is thirsty - saying i only get about 800km a tank on the tarmac. This of course will be worse offroad. I will bring a 20l jerry can just in case. 

Just so we can plan food a bit - you are saying we will be near an ADNOC for dinner in the evening and lunch on day 1 or day 2? 

The LC300 with 110l should be fine, but yes if you can bring an extra jerrycan that would be great. 

Regarding the food:

1. Lunch we can take from the ADNOC nearby Masafi Friday market. At least that's my plan. However anything is possible and there could be certain closure times for National Day, hence i would recommend to pack sandwiches and some snacks as well.

2. Dinner Day 1 we will be not too far away from an ADNOC: https://maps.app.goo.gl/9XqFihDK5fukrLZC8  approx 10mins drive. Based on the time we arrive there we can either first drive to the ADNOC together and then make our way to the camp site. (yellow marked area is camp site)

image.png.c1422df372151cadcf6e4cb8df1ad938.png

3. Breakfast day two. Better take some snacks, croissants, from the ADNOC the evening before.

4. Lunch Day two we should hopefully reach Faqa (Dubai) which also has an ADNOC.

5. Reaching our end destination by 3-4pm in Ajban INSHALLAH :)

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

On 12/1/2023 at 2:24 PM, AlexM said:

@Frederic do you have a GPX file to share? or is it highly classified? ))

Hahaha, great to see people asking for it, as it means you guys are self-reliant and learning the navigation parts of it.

See attached. Small variations will be there based on the timing and progress, and Day one will end a bit earlier where will camp on that big flat Savanna in front of Maliha.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

21 minutes ago, Frederic said:

Hahaha, great to see people asking for it, as it means you guys are self-reliant and learning the navigation parts of it.

See attached. Small variations will be there based on the timing and progress, and Day one will end a bit earlier where will camp on that big flat Savanna in front of Maliha.

7-emirates-day-one.gpx 535.43 kB · 0 downloads 7-emirates-day-two.gpx 276.59 kB · 0 downloads

Beautiful, I was thinking is a "Secret" and I wanted to create my own anyway based on our path. Thank you for this!

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Dan S said:

Beautiful, I was thinking is a "Secret" and I wanted to create my own anyway based on our path. Thank you for this!

you can record it tomorrow, because the two routes i posted won't be completely accurate.

• Thanks (+1) 1

Hi @Frederic

thanks a lot for organising this event and thanks in advance for your support ! Last Offroad with you was a real pleasure :) 

small request: I have an issue with my radio that I’m trying to fix this evening. I might need your spare one tomorrow. Please keep one for me in case. Thanks a lot.

the camping site will it be sand or mountains or wadi ?

see you tomorrow ! 

Just now, Soufiane said:

Hi @Frederic

thanks a lot for organising this event and thanks in advance for your support ! Last Offroad with you was a real pleasure :) 

small request: I have an issue with my radio that I’m trying to fix this evening. I might need your spare one tomorrow. Please keep one for me in case. Thanks a lot.

the camping site will it be sand or mountains or wadi ?

see you tomorrow ! 

Hey @Soufiane! No worries I’ll bring spare radios. The camping site will most probably be on hard sand (not wadi or rocks). 

Dears, the most amazing and wonderful offshore experience that I had until now.

Desert, mountains, rain, flash flooding with YAAALAAAAA water is coming, to camping and enjoying each other companies on a beautiful fire, to refusals and challenging soft sand on a 22 psi, to getting crested, recoveries and beautiful sceneries. This experience had everything that you can think of.

Thank you so much @Frederic for thinking, planning and doing this amazing ride with chill and professional attitude. Thank you @Srikumar for your guidance support and funny moments, we had a nice combo with you two!

Many thanks to all the rest of the convoy, I had fun driving and being with you gents @Soufiane @Alphin Aloor @Damian @Ahmed Farouk @AlexM @Christian Andras

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use