Twilight Newbie Desert Drive - Qudra Sunset Drive- Dubai - 9 Dec 2023

Kailas

DRIVE DESCRIPTION

Welcome to Carnity off road club Newbie drive, meeting at Lisalli meeting point and ending near Love lake Qudra, please ensure your off-road gear is as per your rank and you bring lots of enthusiasm and desire to learn with you.

MUST READ AND COMPLY

DRIVE DETAILS

Level:  Newbie and above

When:  09 December 2023, Saturday

Meeting time:   04:00 PM- Sharp (Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: https://maps.app.goo.gl/Z8N8AHainKvq2ow36

Approximate finish time:  07:00 PM

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Mandatory off-road gears: Tire deflator, tire pressure gauge, compressor, walkie-talkie radio, off-road flag, shovel, first-aid kit, Tow Rope, 2 Shackles and fire extinguisher.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• This drive is limited to 12 cars only. RSVP will close on Friday - 12 PM.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you find you are unable to join, so your spot can be taken by others in the waitlist.
  • If the RSVP is full, you can add your name to the waitlist, if an RSVP attendee removes themselves, you will be moved from the waitlist to the RSVP list as an attendee.
  • A convoy list will be sent out the day prior to the drive.
  • Latecomers will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON BELOW CALENDAR

Hi Kailas, 

Will be in a white 2020 Pajero 3.8 gls. Completed the desert driving masterclass with Gaurav on Saturday. Really keen to test my new found skills. Have intermittent off road experience over the last 35 years  in mountains, beaches, bush, mud and sand tracks, throughout Southern Africa as well as the Dubai desert 19 years ago when I last lived here. 

Regards Andrew 

• Like (+1) 2
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

21 minutes ago, Andrew John Melvill said:

Hi Kailas, 

Will be in a white 2020 Pajero 3.8 gls. Completed the desert driving masterclass with Gaurav on Saturday. Really keen to test my new found skills. Have intermittent off road experience over the last 35 years  in mountains, beaches, bush, mud and sand tracks, throughout Southern Africa as well as the Dubai desert 19 years ago when I last lived here. 

Regards Andrew 

Damn! Glad to have you here!

Good afternoon @Rafey Hashmi @Colin Boreham @karim hamandi @Mahmut SARILI @Usman Basit @Andrew John Melvill @Jeetu Sharma  @Julien Recan @Adam Black @Osama M @Premjit Vappala @Guido Ferriani

As some of you will be doing your 1st drive with Carnity, please make sure you have the below:

1. Radio programmed to Carnity channels (Two Way Radio Guideline)

2. Offroad flag

3. Air Compressor 

The drive is planned for 3 hours, but do consider it may delay by an hour as we will have a long convoy and may have some stucks/refusals.

Cheers!

• Like (+1) 1

Hello all,

last minute flight has just been added to my weekend the same night of the Offroad. I prefer to keep it safe and leave my place to someone form the waitlist.

thanks all 

Hi Kailas,

Adding my self declaration for recognising previous off road experience:

I got my first off road motorbike at four years old, I raced motocross from when I was a kid into my early 20's. I drove go karts, buggies, four wheelers, cars and four wheel drives off road all my life. I started 4 wheel driving when I got my driving license over 25 years ago. Not every weekend though, some times 4 to 6 times per year and some of the time only 1 or 2 times in a year. I have some experience driving in dirt and gravel tracks, sand tracks, on beaches and sand dunes, in snow and ice and also wet and muddy grass. I have some recovery experience but not a huge amount. I have done one newbie drive with the club so far. We have some great beach and sand dune driving back in Australia, which has some similarities to the sand dunes here, but also quite different in a lot of ways.

The above is not to imply in any way, that I am anywhere near expert or even intermediate level, just that I have a diverse range of basic level experiences over a lot of years playing off road. I recognise that I have a lot to learn, particularly when it comes to the unique terrain of the UAE and the rules and etiquette of off road driving here.

I am looking forward to the weekend, see you on Saturday :-)

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

@Kailassorry but i will need to drop out last minute. Wasnt feeling well and the blood works came out this morning with a strain of influenza. 

So I reckon it's best for me (and everyone)  to avoid the drive this time. 

Apologies again

Important Information

Terms of use