•  

Morning Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Sweihan - Abu Dhabi - 10 Dec 2023

Srikumar

My Jeep appears to have sprung an intermittent coolant leak, unless I can get it looked at tomorrow I may need to drop @Srikumar

Update is it’s gonna be in the shop a few days , wasn’t coolant, on actually putting it on the ramp it’s the classic Jeep pentastar 3.6 crankshaft seal leak, on a engine with only 33k ! @Srikumar

• Sad (0) 4

33 minutes ago, Gary F said:

Update is it’s gonna be in the shop a few days , wasn’t coolant, on actually putting it on the ramp it’s the classic Jeep pentastar 3.6 crankshaft seal leak, on a engine with only 33k ! @Srikumar

think it's a Jeep problem, I also have it on my Grand Cherokee Hemi WK and chose to ignore it by doing top-ups if the oil dipstick says so.,, it's good your car is still under warranty so you should get that job done for free, for the rest of us old car & out-of-warranties, the labor cost doesn't justify simple top-ups 😂

• Like (+1) 1

Indeed @Zed we had it done under warranty on the wrangler twice , 3rd time they wiggled out with car is modded.

so for the stock gladiator it should be fixed under warranty I’ll find out this morning,  but seems to be way to common on the 3.6l pentastar.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Zed said:

think it's a Jeep problem, I also have it on my Grand Cherokee Hemi WK and chose to ignore it by doing top-ups if the oil dipstick says so.,, it's good your car is still under warranty so you should get that job done for free, for the rest of us old car & out-of-warranties, the labor cost doesn't justify simple top-ups 😂

I have done repairs to my Jeep twice. I think I will start following your method of topping up for some time next time if the issue comes up. 

• WOW (+2) 2

don't drive like its your last one.

Important Information

Terms of use