•  

Afternoon Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Middle Earth - Dubai - 06 Feb 2024

M.Seidam

DRIVE DESCRIPTION

Welcome to Carnity off road club Fewbie drive, meeting and ending at Lisalli meeting point, please ensure your off-road gear is as per your rank and you bring lots of enthusiasm with you as this drive will also include a couple of stops for additional theory and visualization of driving Techniques in the sand.

MUST READ AND COMPLY

DRIVE DETAILS

Level:  Fewbie Plus and above

When:  06 February 2024, Tuesday

Meeting time:   15:00 - Sharp (Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: https://maps.app.goo.gl/TCyhfpfdJ5CcMFTt7

Approximate finish time:  18:00

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Mandatory off-road gears: Tire deflator, tire pressure gauge, compressor, walkie-talkie radio, off-road flag, shovel, first-aid kit, Tow Rope, 2 Shackles and fire extinguisher.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• This drive is limited to 10 cars only. RSVP will close on Friday - 12 PM.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you find you are unable to join, so your spot can be taken by others in the waitlist.
  • If the RSVP is full, you can add your name to the waitlist, if an RSVP attendee removes themselves, you will be moved from the waitlist to the RSVP list as an attendee.
  • A convoy list will be sent out the day prior to the drive.
  • Latecomers will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month. 

PLEASE RSVP ON BELOW CALENDAR

Hi @Lala G

still we have time till tomorrow morning 10 am then we decide 

minimum three cars for any drive prefer 4

lets see 

If number remains below the minimum will cancel 

• Like (+1) 1

Dear @Lala G and @Sunil Mathew see you today at the meeting point 15:00 sharp please . 
please don’t be mislead by google map as it will further take you till the end of the road . Instead just make full u turn on the roundabout and then turn right as the fence is open to enter. See below please 

IMG_7782.jpeg

• Totally Agree (+2) 1

Thank you @Lala G and @Sunil Mathew for sharing this lovely afternoon in the sand . Short convoy . Fantastic drive and we all had our fair share of sideway crests 😜 an opportunity to practice self recovery after a long pause 😄

here below our route for your reference . Enjoy 

Take care and see you soon 🔜 

• Totally Agree (+2) 1

thanks for the midweek fun drive @M.Seidam... and good to meet you @Lala G - thanks to both of us , turning up as promised and enabling our doc to proceed with the drive with required minimum quorum :D ...congrats on being the only driver with no stucks 👍👍....please send me the recovery video on 055 94 98 749 ..thanks in advance

its been a while since i did this technical area with the Fortuner at FB+ level, so..i had to get stuck somewhere to do justice to the area :-) ...Doc @M.Seidam took us through some areas which i have never visited..the drive was a combo of some intense moments requiring full focus, some relaxed and laid back driving, and some fast paced criss crossing and ridge rides .. i thought the heavy wind at 3PM when we started the drive was going to create some trouble, but thankfully it died down later into the drive, and the mini double crests created by the wind were skillfully avoided by the doc, making the drive safe and trouble free..

the vegetation and its consequent bumps and ditches were a spoilsport at many places..but qudra , and surrounding parts are turning into grass jungles anyway,  offroading communities like us are coming to terms with this new normal, so cant really put any  blame on it

Looking forward to such mid week "stress buster" drives 🤞🤞

• Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

This afternoon's desert drive at Qudra, under @M.Seidam lead, was an unparalleled adventure that I was lucky to be a part of.
With just three of us, it felt like a personalized journey through the vastness of the desert. Seidam, with his expert navigation, took us through some breathtaking areas, showcasing the desert's beauty.
The climate was fantastically cool, making the drive even more enjoyable. Behind Seidam, I was nestled safely in the middle, with @Sunil Mathew's rock-solid driving bringing up the rear, ensuring a sense of security amidst the challenging terrain.
The experience was elevated as we drove through the areas of Little Sweihan, where the approaching twilight cast a magical glow over the landscape, transforming it into a scene of beauty.
It was undoubtedly one of the most amazing drives I’ve had, a perfect blend of thrill, beauty, and tranquility.
@Sunil Mathew, My USB is with Seidam, hopefully I have it recorded in it 😆 and Doc is able to retrieve the files.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

5 hours ago, Lala G said:

My USB is with Seidam, hopefully I have it recorded in it 😆 and Doc is able to retrieve the files.

Will try hopefully to check it today evening . Thanks 🙏 

• Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use