•  

CANCELED - Morning Newbie Desert Drive - JumpStartingYourOffroadJourney - Lisaili - Dubai - 09 Mar 2024

DRIVE DESCRIPTION

We request every member that joins this drive to go through the below information and strictly follow these guidelines, etiquettes and responsibilities.

MUST READ AND COMPLY

DRIVE DETAILS

Level: Absolute Newbie, Newbie and above

When:  9 March 2024, Saturday

Meeting time:   07:00 AM- Sharp (Without any exceptions)

MeetingPoint: Lisaili Fort https://maps.app.goo.gl/Hdek3MznzY9FpyLt6?g_st=ic

Approximate finish time:  11:00 AM

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Newbie Mandatory off-road gear: Walkie-talkie radio, off-road flag, tire deflator, tire pressure gauge, compressor in addition to standard on-road gear (first-aid kit, fire extinguisher, spare tire, wrench, jack..)

Recommended off-road gear: shovel, Tow Rope, 2 Shackles, and wooden board

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• This drive is limited to 12 cars only. 
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you find you are unable to join, so your spot can be taken by others in the waitlist.
  • If the RSVP is full, you can add your name to the waitlist, if an RSVP attendee removes themselves, you will be moved from the waitlist to the RSVP list as an attendee.
  • A convoy list will be sent out the day prior to the drive.
  • Latecomers will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON BELOW CALENDAR:

• Gaurav changed the title to Morning Newbie Desert Drive - JumpStartingYourOffroadJourney - Lisaili - Dubai - 09 Mar 2024

Hi @Wilfredo Perez I had to remove your RSVP as you joined under “manage” which is only for support team and above. Pls RSVP under join which will add you to WL now as drive is no full.

16 minutes ago, Matt - monkeywrench said:

Looking forward to the drive! Any idea where we might be finishing roughly?

It depends

Hi @Nathan, better to wait close to the date and decide based on development of weather situation. It’s fun to drive on wet sand post rain as long as appropriate skills are applied however it’s not going to be fun to do the same while it’s raining heavily.

keep an eye on this space for update on Friday.

Hello @J-P L  and @Dariush Eghtedari , welcome to Carnity offroad club. As you would be driving with us for the first time, please help us with answers to  questions below , 

((((@SShan and @RiadJL  - both of you are currently in the waitlist. In case you are confirmed for the drive by the lead @Islam Soliman , we will need your answers as well to these questions )))

1. Confirm you have a Radio programmed to Carnity channels . click link - (Two Way Radio Guideline)

2. Re-Confirm which  car you will be  driving and whether it has recovery hooks - front and back

3. Confirm if you have an offroad flag and Air Compressor 

4. Any previous offroad experience or attended Carnity Masterclass?

5. Confirm you have watched the absolute newbie briefing video as below

• Like (+1) 1

Hi Sunil

I have a radio, flag and compressor, and will be driving a Grey Suzuki Jimny with recovery hooks front and back.  I did the master Class with Gaurav about two weeks ago and I have watched the briefing video.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Hi Sunil,

Replies:

1. Yes. I've got a radio. Will program channels later

2. Wrangler JL. It has front and rear recovery points

3. I have a flag and compressor

4. I've done 4 drives with other groups. 

5. I have watched it

Thanks,

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Dear all, we have been monitoring the weather condition developments and based on different sources the storm is expected to hit over the weekend with peak starting Fri evening till Saturday evening.

As safety of everyone is a key priority I have no option but to make the unfortunate decision of calling this drive off. 

Apologize for the inconvenience and looking forward for driving with you all soon.

Stay Safe!

• Totally Agree (+2) 2

• Islam Soliman changed the title to CANCELED - Morning Newbie Desert Drive - JumpStartingYourOffroadJourney - Lisaili - Dubai - 09 Mar 2024

Important Information

Terms of use