•  

Afternoon Newbie Desert Drive - Murquab - Dubai -  23rd  Mar 2024

DRIVE DESCRIPTION

Welcome to Carnity off road club Newbie drive, meeting Murquab meeting point, please ensure your off-road gear is as per your rank and you bring lots of enthusiasm with you, This will be a slightly shorter Drive allowing time to return home for Iftar.

MUST READ AND COMPLY

Drive Details

Level:  Newbie and above

Meeting time: 14:00 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point:  https://goo.gl/maps/aRhyHjqTEYeL1Csc8

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Mandatory off-road gears: Tire deflator, tire pressure gauge, compressor, walkie-talkie radio, off-road flag, shovel, first-aid kit, Tow Rope, 2 Shackles and fire extinguisher.

Approximate finish time: 17:00 AM

P.S. Only join if you have a compressor to inflate your tires after the drive.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• This drive is limited to 12 cars only. RSVP will close on Friday - 1 PM.
  • If the RSVP is full, you can add your name to the waitlist, once anyone drops, you will be moved to the RSVP list.
  • RSVP will close a day prior to preparing a convoy list.
  • Latecomers will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE CALENDAR

Good Morning @MHD91, @ChrisW and @Lea Degner, a very warm welcome to the Carnity family, as a new members to the club please introduce yourselves on the forum by replying to this post using the below bullet points:

First time with Carnity Off-road Club:

• Please share your vehicle details - Make, Model, Color, and Year.
  • Do you have any prior off-road experience? If yes, pls share details.
  • Confirm your vehicle has front and rear tow hooks/eyelets.
  • Let us know if you don’t have a programable radio and safety flag.
  • Please also watch the MUST WATCH Newbie video briefing at the link below prior to the drive

https://youtu.be/hP-2ah4Eyek

I am very much looking forward to meeting you all on Saturday afternoon for a fun drive through the desert :)

• Thanks (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Davie Chase said:

Good Morning @MHD91, @ChrisW and @Lea Degner, a very warm welcome to the Carnity family, as a new members to the club please introduce yourselves on the forum by replying to this post using the below bullet points:

• Please also watch the MUST WATCH Newbie video briefing at the link below prior to the drive

I am very much looking forward to meeting you all on Saturday afternoon for a fun drive through the desert :)

Hi Davie, many thanks for the welcome - looking forward to joining in! I’m Chris, living in Abu Dhabi, I run a company during the week so looking for a little social outdoors adventure at the weekends!

In order…

Car: Jeep JK, Black, 2007 (manual/stick shift) - with various mods for offroad (lift and shocks, tyres, winch, lights, compressor, flag etc)

Experience: I’ve been taking 1:1 lessons in the Sweihan area, covering: dune crossing straight up/down, self-recovery, convoy driving (following), side-sloping and sand reading. All daylight only so far, and very early days of sand reading/driving. I have lots to learn!

Vehicle fit: I have two hooks/eyelets front and back, plus winch. I also have kinetic ropes, soft shackles, shovel, sand boards etc in the vehicle. 

Comms: I have a radio, programmed per Carnity guide, and flag. 

Briefing: Video watched and I’ll complete the next of kin/emergency info template before Saturday. 

Again, looking forward to joining in and keep my fingers crossed for the weather…

• Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

3 minutes ago, ChrisW said:

Hi Davie, many thanks for the welcome - looking forward to joining in! I’m Chris, living in Abu Dhabi, I run a company during the week so looking for a little social outdoors adventure at the weekends!

In order…

Car: Jeep JK, Black, 2007 (manual/stick shift) - with various mods for offroad (lift and shocks, tyres, winch, lights, compressor, flag etc)

Experience: I’ve been taking 1:1 lessons in the Sweihan area, covering: dune crossing straight up/down, self-recovery, convoy driving (following), side-sloping and sand reading. All daylight only so far, and very early days of sand reading/driving. I have lots to learn!

Vehicle fit: I have two hooks/eyelets front and back, plus winch. I also have kinetic ropes, soft shackles, shovel, sand boards etc in the vehicle. 

Comms: I have a radio, programmed per Carnity guide, and flag. 

Briefing: Video watched and I’ll complete the next of kin/emergency info template before Saturday. 

Again, looking forward to joining in and keep my fingers crossed for the weather…

More Abu Dhabi crew. Enjoy the drive👍👍😎😎

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

@Sviatoslav, @Guido Ferriani, @Theo09, @Adam Black, @Damien, @MHD91, @Wilfredo Perez, @Frederic118, @Vipin M, @ChrisW, @Sameer D., @Lea Degner, @Fabien Monleau & @Sunil Mathew. due to the popularity of this drive please indicate that your plans have not changed and that you still are able to join us on Saturday afternoon. This will allow us to plan for those in the waitlist. If you are unable to make the drive, no issue, please go to the calendar and remove your RSVP. if you are still planning on making the drive simply like this post. Appreciated in advance.

I will be sending out more information tomorrow :)

Look forward to meeting new friends and old on Saturday.

• Like (+1) 9

On 3/20/2024 at 11:12 AM, Davie Chase said:

Hi Davie,

I'm Lea, living in Dubai and will be joining with my husband this Saturday 😊

I'm driving a Mitsubishi Pajero year 2019 in brown color.

I had last year in October a beginner class with Marshall Gaurav for some hours. But since then work was too busy so this is my first off road experience since that 😐

Confirmed for my vehicle on the tow hooks front and back and we will also come equipped with offroad flag and walkie talkie.

Really looking forward to it 😊

See you guys soon!

Lea

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Good Morning @Emmanuelle Ifrah and @Giovana I have increased the available slots for the drive to the maximum that I can, this has moved you from the W/L to the drive as going, please indicate that you are still able to join the drive as we still have two others in the waitlist.

Thanks in advance 

• Thanks (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Davie Chase said:

Good Morning @Emmanuelle Ifrah and @Giovana I have increased the available slots for the drive to the maximum that I can, this has moved you from the W/L to the drive as going, please indicate that you are still able to join the drive as we still have two others in the waitlist.

Thanks in advance 

Hi @Davie Chase I am hereby confirming. Yuppie! See you tomorrow 

Edited by Giovana

Important Information

Terms of use