•  

Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Ramadan Series - 2 hours - Murquab - Dubai - 23 Mar 2024

DP1011

We request every member that joins this drive to go through the information below and strictly follow these guidelines, etiquette and responsibilities.

MUST READ AND COMPLY

DRIVE DETAILS

Drive Plan :  Considering the period of fasting, Ramadan Series Drives will be shorter than usual drives - with a clear principle - 2 hours DRIVE duration NET, meaning we will meet at the start time and at the end of 2 hours from drive start, we will aim to be at exit. 
This drive will test your patience and resilience . We may have great time driving in desert or we may have even greater time learning how to recover ourselves  - hence please be prepared and set your expectations accordingly :D. Although the aim is to drive 2 hours with only one chosen break  of 5 mins + any number / duration of breaks that desert refusals will offer us :)

Please note : ANY REFUSALS IN FIRST HOUR - WE WILL USE ONLY SHOVEL. ANY REFUSALS IN SECOND HOUR OF DRIVE, WE WILL USE ROPE

Level:  Fewbie and above
When: 23 March  2024, Saturday
Meeting time:  7:15 AM - Sharp
Meeting Point:  https://maps.app.goo.gl/MLuLaycKvNV1xoc59?g_st=ic
Approximate finish time: 9.30am
Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.
What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, enthusiasm, and willingness to learn.

RECOMENDED OFF-ROAD GEAR:

• Tire deflator & Tire pressure gauge
  • Compressor (MANDATORY)
  • Walkie-talkie radio (MANDATORY)
  • Off-road flag (MANDATORY)
  • Shovel, Tow Rope & 2 Shackles
  • First-aid kit
  • Fire extinguisher

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• This drive is limited to 10 cars only. RSVP will close on Friday - 12 PM.
  • If the RSVP is full, you can add your name to the waitlist, once anyone drops, you will be moved to the RSVP list.
  • RSVP will close a day prior to preparing a convoy list.
  • Latecomers will be returned - Without any exceptions.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned - Without any exceptions.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE CALENDAR

• Gaurav changed the title to Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Ramadan Series - 2 hours - Murquab - Dubai - 23 Mar 2024

Hello Ramadan Series Lovers ! 

@Faraz94 @Shaun J @Ben Lee @Shiju Raju @Emanuel @Abhilash Kottakkal @Mike M. @Rohit Deginal @Rahul6157 @Mahmut @Marek  + The anchor jeeper @Benjamin

The convoy order will be published later today. So if you have any changes to plans, this is the time to update your RSVP response pls :)

Even after posting the convoy order, you are still OK to leave the drive if you come up with any valid reasons - On a lighter serious note ;) I have given some below pre-populated responses that can be copied pasted :D  !

1. I have some personal/family commitment 2. I just now noticed an issue in my car which is ..xxxxx  3. I am not well and hence apologies cannot join  4. My alarm got too lazy and self snoozed itself . 5. I have an unusual Satday morning work commitment :D 

Please feel free to add more that you can think of! (P.S : however post publishing convoy order, if you are not joining its going in the database, which after repeated no-shows, an AI based software will suspend your account for a month - this notification will  come as a surprise just 1 hour before on a random day you wont be allowed to join the drive) 

I am looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow morning 7.15 - Deflated and ready for briefing - so we make the most of available time at our disposal ! ( Gentle Reminder : First hour of refusals if any - ONLY SHOVEL - Second Hour of Refusals - We might use  ROPE) ! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

Hi @DP1011 have to take you up on one of your options as it is a religious day for us tomorrow and was too busy to realize :) you should add those to the options…. Apologies for this, and see you next time !

• Haha (+1) 2

11 hours ago, DP1011 said:

Hello Ramadan Series Lovers ! 

@Shaun J @Ben Lee @Shiju Raju @Emanuel @Abhilash Kottakkal  @Rohit Deginal @Rahul6157 @Mahmut @Marek  + The anchor jeeper @Benjamin

The convoy order will be published later today. So if you have any changes to plans, this is the time to update your RSVP response pls :)

Even after posting the convoy order, you are still OK to leave the drive if you come up with any valid reasons - On a lighter serious note ;) I have given some below pre-populated responses that can be copied pasted :D  !

1. I have some personal/family commitment 2. I just now noticed an issue in my car which is ..xxxxx  3. I am not well and hence apologies cannot join  4. My alarm got too lazy and self snoozed itself . 5. I have an unusual Satday morning work commitment :D 

Please feel free to add more that you can think of! (P.S : however post publishing convoy order, if you are not joining its going in the database, which after repeated no-shows, an AI based software will suspend your account for a month - this notification will  come as a surprise just 1 hour before on a random day you wont be allowed to join the drive) 

I am looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow morning 7.15 - Deflated and ready for briefing - so we make the most of available time at our disposal ! ( Gentle Reminder : First hour of refusals if any - ONLY SHOVEL - Second Hour of Refusals - We might use  ROPE) ! 

Hi All ! Below the convoy order ! See you all at 7.15! Deflated and ready to move ! 

Channel 2 : 446.031 - Please make sure you are tuned to the frequency channels ! Also Please make sure you have all the necessary gears per your level ! 

@Abhilash Kottakkal - I like your enthusiasm, However to make it more challenging for you, you are placed just before sweep :D hence keeping you almost sweep, I will adopt as necessary during the drive. ! 

image.png.96ff4a2bf11f5f80f5d4cc349fc35580.png

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, DP1011 said:

Hi All ! Below the convoy order ! See you all at 7.15! Deflated and ready to move ! 

Channel 2 : 446.031 - Please make sure you are tuned to the frequency channels ! Also Please make sure you have all the necessary gears per your level ! 

@Abhilash Kottakkal - I like your enthusiasm, However to make it more challenging for you, you are placed just before sweep :D hence keeping you almost sweep, I will adopt as necessary during the drive. ! 

image.png.96ff4a2bf11f5f80f5d4cc349fc35580.png

Please note the meeting point https://maps.app.goo.gl/MLuLaycKvNV1xoc59?g_st=ic

I will be reachable on 0566838510 in case needed:)

• Thanks (+1) 1

Good drive! Good vibe!

Weird weather today... low light isn't so good for taking high speed photos, so I'm testing new lightroom version that came out with this "AI-enriched denoise". And it's ... nice! 

DSC_0158-Enhanced-NR.jpg.c609c80da89213a4a02795571f9c1b6f.jpg

The color of @Mahmut's Jeep makes it so photogenic!

DSC_0104-Enhanced-NR.jpg.c21083ea1e58d2b9bcadaf321f46f587.jpg

@Shiju Raju as promised:

DSC_0061-Enhanced-NR.jpg.0402886dddc86263482515667a75c9e8.jpg

Stay tuned for more...

Edited by Marek
  • Like (+1) 2
  • WOW (+2) 2

21 minutes ago, Marek said:

Good drive! Good vibe!

Weird weather today... low light isn't so good for taking high speed photos, so I'm testing new lightroom version that came out with this "AI-enriched denoise". And it's ... nice! 

DSC_0158-Enhanced-NR.jpg.c609c80da89213a4a02795571f9c1b6f.jpg

The color of @Mahmut's Jeep makes it so photogenic!

DSC_0104-Enhanced-NR.jpg.c21083ea1e58d2b9bcadaf321f46f587.jpg

@Shiju Raju as promised:

DSC_0061-Enhanced-NR.jpg.0402886dddc86263482515667a75c9e8.jpg

Stay tuned for more...

Thank you @Marek, stunning pictures 😍👏👏👏

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use