Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Quick Fix - Qudra - Dubai - 07 Apr 2024

DRIVE PLAN

It's part of the Ramadan Series and we will have a Quick 2-hour drive, and near to our homes (mine at least 😁). The objective of the drive is to avoid refusals. This area, being technical with uneven dunes, will give us a lot of situations where we find ourselves facing refusal or worse a stuck. We will also try to find some nice dunes and practice ridge riding and crisscrossing. After that, we will enjoy a drive that will take us back to where we started.

Request every member that joins this drive to go through the information below and strictly follow these guidelines, etiquette, and responsibilities.

MUST READ AND COMPLY

DRIVE DETAILS

Level:  Fewbie and above
When: 07 April 2024, Sunday
Meeting time:  7:00 AM - Sharp (Without any exceptions)
Meeting Point: https://goo.gl/maps/f782dd5PLRj9sRV36
Approximate finish time: 9:30 AM
Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.
What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, enthusiasm, and willingness to learn.

MANDATORY OFF-ROAD GEAR:

• Tire deflator & Tire pressure gauge
  • Compressor
  • Walkie-talkie radio
  • Off-road flag
  • Shovel, Tow Rope & 2 Shackles
  • First-aid kit
  • Fire extinguisher.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• This drive is limited to 10 cars only.
  • If the RSVP is full, you can add your name to the waitlist, once anyone drops, you will be moved to the RSVP list.
  • RSVP will close a day prior to preparing a convoy list.
  • We will not wait for the latecomers, and they will be returned - Without any exceptions.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned - Without any exceptions.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON BELOW CALENDAR

don't drive like its your last one.

More the merrier ! We will be on Ch 2 and it will be a quick drive with some very technical drive and visit some nice side sloping area, a break at Crescent Lake before we go back! See you all in the morning. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

don't drive like its your last one.

Thanks @Looper, @Rob S and @Luke K Pfor an amazing drive, i got a lot of learning done in only 2 hours! One of my real standout drives so far. Cant wait to get back in the dunes, today really drove my passion for ofroading and carnity to the next level. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Short but sweet. 

Excellent final edition of the Ramadan series of short morning drives.

We started by heading east into Qudra desert through a heap of technical short and tight dunes. I got lots of chances to practice my three point turns in this section as couldn't swing the truck around 😅😅😅

We had a couple of refusals and stucks on the way to Cresent lake, where we were doing some nice quick pace ridge riding. 

After a fast ride across the two long range dunes, we headed back into the technical section for a drive back on the path. 

I clocked us at 2 hours 1 minute, covering 35km. Perfect timing from our leader @Looper.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend and see you all again soon.

Screenshot_20240407_110536_Connect.jpg

Screenshot_20240407_111509_Connect.jpg

Edited by Luke K P
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

30 minutes ago, Andrew John Melvill said:

Thanks @Looper, @Rob S and @Luke K Pfor an amazing drive, i got a lot of learning done in only 2 hours! One of my real standout drives so far. Cant wait to get back in the dunes, today really drove my passion for ofroading and carnity to the next level. 

@Rob S and @Luke K P in action

IMG_5833.jpeg

IMG_5831.jpeg

• Like (+1) 2
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use