Advertise here

Driving test in Dubai

Barry

After an altercation with the law in my home country I am without a driving licence. I was in the process of getting it back but I got a job offer here on the condition I would be on a plane to Abu Dhabi the next day so I just forgot about the licence and came here. It's not practical for me to return home and get it back. With waiting for forms to come through the mail, waiting for test dates etc. I would be gone for maybe 3 months and I might not have a job to come back to here so I need to bite the bullet and do the whole 40 lessons thing here. Considering I have been driving for 15 years, I hope it won't be too hard.

What advice can anyone who has done the driving test in Dubai offer? I heard that they like to fail people just for fun sometimes. I'm also planning to take the test in a manual if that makes a difference. I'm not a fan of automatic at all.

Well there is a saying, if you don't know driving then it's easier to get driving license here in Dubai than if you already know how to drive. Just because then your mind will accept all rules and regulation easier and will not question or resist.

However there used to be a 14 classes test and get exam date once in three month than the 40 lessons one you are suggesting. Check with Emirates Driving center and Belhasa driving center they both are equally good and efficient in getting the driving exam dates faster. EDC is slightly better as they have their own examiner.

• Like (+1) 1

• 4 weeks later...

Everything to anything man. They want 100 out of 100 driving skills and you need to keep moving your neck, shoulder, head and eyes every 15-20 seconds to check all mirrors (that level).

I have never seen or heard anyone failing in theory test for so many times, usually 1 or 2 attempt everyone clears it up.

This might mean, that they have made it so difficult to start eliminating people at theory round itself.......ummmm.