•  
Advertise here

Which is the best car battery in UAE?

adil

Or maybe it's a UAE's hot weather that kills the battery faster and that's why manufacturer stopped spending on best quality batteries and focussed on 1-year ticking time bomb batteries. AC Delco's and Solite has best engineers to fail their batteries exactly after 1 year + 1 month. I have had this experience more than 3-4 times in different cars.

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

15 hours ago, Barry said:

It took me a while to get my head around the fact that batteries only last a year here, 2 max. I’m used to them lasting 7-8 years at home. 

That's the thing Barry, a lotta things you know from back home don't translate here. Heat and dust can do weird things to mechanical bits and electrics. 

Also I'm thinking older cars were much simpler and really didn't require much juice. Most were around 60amps with low CC numbers. Newer cars specially high-end ones are very power hungry. They have huge 100-110amp batteries with big CC numbers with massive generators/dynamos. And for some even that is not enough and they need a second battery like most modern Mercs.

And if the battery is not in top notch condition, even though it has enough power to start and run the car. The car goes nutty throwing all sorts of lights, errors and acting funny. 

So all this extra strain I guess kills them faster. I had my D1 for 8 yrs and P38 for 6 and only towards the end of both I changed my batteries. 

My current range rover came with a dying battery so I popped in a used one from a buddy who had replaced his from a merc, that battery that didn't work in thr merc lasted me a year in the Range Rover and I think it only died because at that time I hardly used the car at al. Not more than 2-3 minutes of slow driving every two or three days just to get some groceries from near the house 

1 hour ago, desertdude said:

That's the thing Barry, a lotta things you know from back home don't translate here. Heat and dust can do weird things to mechanical bits and electrics. 

Also I'm thinking older cars were much simpler and really didn't require much juice. Most were around 60amps with low CC numbers. Newer cars specially high-end ones are very power hungry. They have huge 100-110amp batteries with big CC numbers with massive generators/dynamos. And for some even that is not enough and they need a second battery like most modern Mercs.

And if the battery is not in top notch condition, even though it has enough power to start and run the car. The car goes nutty throwing all sorts of lights, errors and acting funny. 

So all this extra strain I guess kills them faster. I had my D1 for 8 yrs and P38 for 6 and only towards the end of both I changed my batteries. 

My current range rover came with a dying battery so I popped in a used one from a buddy who had replaced his from a merc, that battery that didn't work in thr merc lasted me a year in the Range Rover and I think it only died because at that time I hardly used the car at al. Not more than 2-3 minutes of slow driving every two or three days just to get some groceries from near the house 

Very true. The last few years have certainly been an education. You think to yourself an extra few degrees warmer isn’t much but in reality, it can mess things up in a way you would never expect. Have an Altima in the shop at the minute needing a dashboard replacement because the original melted. Never had to deal with shit like that before I came here. Big change from standing outside working on an engine at -15 with the snow beating off my ears. 

I have been driving since past 11 years in the UAE. Listing in order from best to worse, used in both my cars.

Amaron > Trane > Solite > Zeetex> AC delco.... AC delco would always retire in exactly 13 months.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

You can get them in Sharjah Industrial Area or in Ajman (behind Nissan showroom). There is a shop named Jumaira which keeps it. You can probably call them first before going there 

Sahel Jumaira Auto Spare Parts Trading
Ajman
06 748 0193
https://goo.gl/maps/YX6BmwPXvot

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

On 11/22/2018 at 1:41 AM, Barry said:

It took me a while to get my head around the fact that batteries only last a year here, 2 max. I’m used to them lasting 7-8 years at home. 

I had a chinese brand battery in my mercedes. used the car for 2 years and sold it. Surprisingly it had the same health level as the day i got it. Im not even sure if we get that battery here cuz that kinda name it had. japan import

On 5/7/2017 at 2:56 PM, evoboy2016 said:

My AC Delcos have always failed during 11 months exact! :) Atleast i got the warranty. Had to buy it again the 3rd year as my wife was stuck on the road and 800-BATTERY does AC DELCOs.

Stay away from AC Delco. I have heard AMARON is very good and will post about it when it dies.

lolol SAME story with my qashqai

• Like (+1) 1

i have put amron in my lancer when i got the plates for it and after 4 renewals its still alive and kicking 

i usually try to get amron for my customers who are ready to cough up and for the rest anything goes as long as the price is low  but for some cars the size is not available specially for american ones  

lately i am seeing a trend that the battery dies at exactly at 12 months and few days 

and amrons price has increased a bit and they are offering 18 months warranty as of now

many nissans and german and american cars usually kill the battery earlier if you use the cheaper variety

and the battery which has come in car from america runs longer

i had a customer who bought a toyota sienna used with custom papers had one battery whose name i have never seen in this market it was a green with a gray top it lasted him 4 years here who knows how much it had run back in the states....  

Edited by shadow79
more info
  • Like (+1) 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/28/2018 at 8:53 PM, kumara said:

Finding AMARON battery in the market is the hard part. Do you know a shop to buy?

Thanks!

I agree Amaron is too difficult to find for some car brands as they dont have full range of size and terminals amgles for all cars

• 1 month later...

I've had very bad experiences with AC Delco. I have a feeling they're manufactured/programmed to die right after the warranty period is over ( happened thrice) . Switched to Amaron,  now a dead battery is the last thing on my mind. 

• Like (+1) 2