•  

Every off-roader must know: What Went Wrong?

Rahimdad

5 hours ago, M.Seidam said:

What went wrong here ?

Came over the crest at high speed. With wheel still locked left causing a sand wall to build up on the right side of the car starting from the front then making its way quickly to the rear causing a roll over. 

how to avoid this: when coming over a crest or any situation your vehicle is sideways begin to turn down when the wheel begins to feel heavy. Continue to fight gravity either fishtailing, refusals, or rollovers occur much like this one :) 

Edited by Benjamin
  • Like (+1) 3

15 hours ago, M.Seidam said:

What went wrong here ?

Thanks @M.Seidam this was interesting one, and Watching it at 0.25 speed couple of times, my observations are : 

1. The approach angle was not right according to me, he was hitting slip face, and that too in a kind of bowl what looks to me. I would either continue to ride the ridge and then steer right , straight down Or cross the crest straight up, straight down bcos from where he approached doesn't appears to be sharp crest.

2. When he arrived on other side, the minute he arrived, he was going down, but instead thought choose to counter steer and the sand wall started to build on his front right wheel, and he continued to counter steer, to correct his angle on a slip face absolutely not done. Looks to me, his front right wheel sand-wall caused this rollover.  - There was NO way he was going to continue sideways  (keeping in mind his angle of arrival on this side)  - going down was only solution. 

Brilliant observations @Benjamin @DP1011… it also seems like the driver just stopped (took his foot off the gas or applied brakes).. a simple steer towards gravity and gas would have saved him!

A “simple steer” is not so simple unless you’ve ingrained this in your driving reflex

• Like (+1) 4

To me, it seems he is a professional desert safari driver with impeccable response to steering down in less than half a second.

Roll must have happened, due to split-second distraction, wrong line, high speed, or soft sand (unfortunate case).

@M.Seidam what's written in Arabic?

image.png

image.png

• Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

23 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

what's written in Arabic?

Translation See the clip and say was it the car or the driver ? 

I would a combination of three 

car ( 20 % ) 

driver ( 60 % ) 

bad luck ; as Gaurav indicated . ( 20 % ) 

The reason why I put this clip because it reminded me of wagan when I was near to flip over the ridge however the light car and the luck as well as a humble gut of experience, can’t express it , as Soni said reflex ! All played  to get me away 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
1 hour ago, M.Seidam said:

2H and too much speed?

Edited by PAJERO petelczyc luke

Important Information

Terms of use