At Iftar Bowl - Once in a year all UAE Offroaders gathering

This unique opportunity is not be missed, whether you are a current or ex offroader. It's a very rare and special sight to witness thousands of offroaders joining in one place for breaking there fast to celebrate the unity in diversity in the UAE.

It's being held with unsaid coordination with all off-road clubs and approx 1000 car shows up every year in Iftar bowl area near Rafadah in Area 53.

Whether you are fasting or not, it's a must drive to attend to watch the union of off-roaders and witness the love and respect that everyone shares in this small world of offroading. I have never failed to attend a single Grand Iftar Drive in the past 12 years and always enjoyed meeting some of my old off-road friends and making new friends.

The plan is to enter from Rifadah side with the easiest track to reach Iftar bowl and secure a good spot - FIRST.

Meet and greet, play at Iftar bowl - then break the fast and head for the night drive or exit if you like.

image.png

When: 17 May 2019, Friday

Meeting time: 5 PM, the convoy will move sharply at 5:15 PM

Where: Rifadah Entrance

GPS Coordinate: https://goo.gl/maps/BoTQvikrc1rheWYu7

Level of drive: Absolute Newbie - Newbie - Fewbie - Expert - Advance - All are welcome

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 10 inches of ground clearance

What to bring along: Evening snacks, food for Iftar - whatever you like with little extra to share

Approximate finish time: 8 PM or 11 PM

Please RSVP on the below calendar:

• Like 6
  • WOW 1

It's once in a year event that we should not miss. Come on guys. Look forward to seeing some good participation for this drive

• Like 2
  • WOW 2
  • Totally Agree 1

Does anyone have 2 spare seats? One for me and one for my work friend. 

• Like 3
  • Totally Agree 1

I'll be coming with Wifey's car, kids, and mother in law..., please send me your thoughts and prayers 🤣

Edited by Frederic
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 2

Yallah... Am in.

Will ensure in few days. @Barry you can join me if i am there. 

No worries my friend always welcome.

• Like 1
  • Well Done 2

23 hours ago, Barry said:

Does anyone have 2 spare seats? One for me and one for my work friend. 

Sure you and your friend can hop in with any one of us, I always have one seat to spare being SWB and I'm sure others will have more seats to share.

Come to the meeting point, as the start and exit point is the same.

• Like 4
  • Totally Agree 1

On 5/10/2019 at 1:14 AM, Fuad said:

Yallah... Am in.

Will ensure in few days. @Barry you can join me if i am there. 

No worries my friend always welcome.

Send me Whatsapp, let’s organise 0525713073

Thank you for your offer @Gaurav but my friend is a desert virgin so I want to keep him close to me and take care of him 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

will join for sure :)

• Like 5

@Fuad - Lets do a convoy from Al Ain to the destination (Rifadha)

@Barry - I have 2 seats reserved for you, if in case ;)  Most Welcome !

Cheers!

Mathew - 0565760725

• Like 3
  • Well Done 1

On 5/12/2019 at 3:43 PM, MATHEW FELEX said:

@Fuad - Lets do a convoy from Al Ain to the destination (Rifadha)

@Barry - I have 2 seats reserved for you, if in case ;)  Most Welcome !

Cheers!

Mathew - 0565760725

Thanks @MATHEW FELEX . Will try as i am still in India and possibly wont make it to the date. Stuck here. I will surely let you know if i am back.

@Barry sorry i wont make it due to some unavoidable issues.

• Like 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Gaurav
      As the early morning weather is getting little better, so its been decided to split the Intermediate drive from midnight to early morning to experience both night drive and day drive in one go. Plan is to start bit late and drive for 2-3 hours in night, then take a break and then enjoy the fast pace morning drive in some amazing set of dunes in Al faqa desert. Al Faqa desert is famous for its long range tall dunes that are fun to drive at good pace for ridge riding, side sloping and testing your offroad skills. The drive is for Intermediates and above only. 
      When: 30 Aug 2019, Friday
      Meeting time: 02:00 AM, the convoy will move sharply at 02:15 AM
      Where: Al Faqa Desert
      GPS Coordinate: https://goo.gl/maps/dt57TRJ3ak4SrCkX8
      Level of drive: Intermediate and above
      Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 10 inches of ground clearance.
      Plan: Drive and enjoy from 2-5 AM (Night Drive), 5-5:45 AM (Break), 6-8/9 AM (Morning Drive).
      What to bring along: Snacks - whatever you like with little extra to share, water, smiles, stories, and enthusiasm.
      Approximate finish time: 8 - 9 AM (Max)
      MUST READ: 
      Off Road Driving - Roles & Responsibilities Off road Driving Etiquette's Off-road Convoy Rules Please RSVP on the below calendar:

• By Gaurav
      Positioning is very important and then the tug intensity - gradual to constant pull than jerking that may result in flip instantly.
      Well done @Emmanuel
      Key things for every offroader to notice and learn here:
      Tried self recovering first to the max. Clear sand from front tires on both sides. Identify a safe spot to recover with least force - Front and left side. Position car with utmost precision to deliver just a minimal tug at right angle. Stuck 4x4 wheels pointing left to support the recovery process by using engine power. Started with a soft tug and then applied a pulling strength and not a jerk to cause a flip.  

• By Gaurav
      As the weather begin to change for good, this might be the last night drive to enjoy this year, as now in night weather has become very pleasant with cool breeze. Time to enjoy chilled out desert drive in our much loved Mahafiz sandbox till the morning. If time permit and convoy response are favorable, we might continue play in morning at monster dunes after fossil rock area, if not we will end and exit.
      This area offers a great mix of playable dunes and medium dunes to test your night driving skills. Depending on convoy strength and liking will plan the route to fit everyone's taste and capabilities.
      Offroad lights are recommended for a night drive, but if you don't have you can still safely drive with your HIGH BEAM.
      When: 08 Aug 2019, Thursday
      Meeting time: 11 PM, the convoy will move at sharp 11:15 PM - "NO EXCEPTIONS"
      Where: ADNOC at Sharjah - Kalba Road
      GPS Coordinate: https://goo.gl/maps/CjXEpdPqn3NZ7Y8j7
      Level: Newbie, Fewbie & Above (NO ABSOLUTE NEWBIE PLEASE)
      Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 10 inches of ground clearance.
      Plan: Drive, train and enjoy till about 4 am and then break for snacks.
      What to bring along: Snacks whatever you like with little extra to share, water, liquids, smiles, stories, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.
      Approximate finish time: 5:00 AM
      MUST READ: 
      Off Road Driving - Roles & Responsibilities Off road Driving Etiquette's Off-road Convoy Rules Please RSVP on the below calendar:

• By Carnity
      The greatness of a community is most accurately measured by its compassionate members
      Carnity Points System is our enhanced contributor program that recognizes your every effort in growing this car community. It's our way of saying "Thanks" to our lovely car enthusiast's to support our mission and share the same passion.
      Share your car knowledge and experiences, earn points and save money
      Write your car review, share your car problem, get the second opinion on the car repair bill, post interesting car news or images, help others with your car knowledge or experience and earn from 1-100 Carnity Points for every contribution. 
      Pay the monthly subscription amount of 100 Carnity Points for 30 calendar days to keep your subscription active for FREE.
      Please visit Members Shop to renew/upgrade your membership based on your Carnity Points.
      Now, if you are unable to contribute for any reason you can also buy 100 Carnity Points for 97 AED for renewing your active membership or Refer your car friends to get free equivalent Carnity points OR  ask for a donation (for previously active members).

More ways to contribute
      Discuss your car problem or car modification ideas with experts Share your car experience - DIY, build, repair, tutorial or modification details Share interesting car news or local car-related news, facts, law, event Share an interesting or funny car video - educational or entertaining Post Carnity offroad drive images in the Gallery Share your drive, offroad, motorsport videos or pictures Review your own car or your friend's car with images and video Review Car Businesses in your Emirates Refer your friends (ask them to list your username while registering) Car buying, selling, maintaining tips or ticks in Advices  
      Frequently Ask Question
      How can I ask for a donation, if my account is deactivated You can ask any contributing member if you know them personally You can ask for a donation in the forum. How can I buy Carnity Points from Carnity, if my account is deactivated You can buy 100 Carnity Points for 97 AED (Monthly) You can buy 1200 Carnity Points for 360 AED (Yearly)

• By Gaurav
      After many nice areas, its due time to visit Shuwaib. It's a very challenging area that has a great mix and twist of technical dunes of small, medium and large sizes. Everything in Shuwaib is gonna keep you awake and require your constant focus and instant reaction. The plan is to enter from Al-Shuwaib side and to exit from Iftar bowl after having a good fill at Super Bowl to Iftar Bowl stretch that offers most amazing tall but rolling dunes.
      When: 01 Aug 2019
      Meeting time: 11:00 PM, the convoy will move at sharp 11:15 PM
      Where: ADNOC station on Dubai Hatta Road After Bidayer Shops
      GPS Coordinate: https://goo.gl/maps/XrPwrrig7zegPRDF6
      Level: Strictly intermediate and above
      Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 10 inches of ground clearance. 
      Please check your fluids levels and make sure you have the complete intermediate level off-road gear. 
      Plan: Drive, train and enjoy till about 4:00 AM 
      What to bring along: Snacks - whatever you like with little extra to share, water, liquids, smiles, stories.
      Approximate finish time: 5:00 AM
      Please RSVP on the below calendar:

Important Information

Terms of use