COVID19 Compliant - Evening Fewbie Desert Drive - Murquab To Solar Park - Dubai - 11 Sep 2020

Frederic

1 hour ago, Frederic said:

Hi @Jun Zamora i have added you to the RSVP. Kindly confirm if you can make it.

Thanks !

Thanks @Frederic , sorry to inform you late.

I was already confirmed to another booking with Richard.

Kindly give it to the next in the wait list.

thanks and see you soon in future drives.

• Like (+1) 2

Hi @Biju Abdul i have added you to the RSVP. Kindly confirm if you can make it.

• Like (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

3 minutes ago, Frederic said:

Hi @Biju Abdul i have added you to the RSVP. Kindly confirm if you can make it.

Hi @Frederic yes more than happy to confirm. 😀

This is the first time I came in the waiting list and realized how much I am obsessed to be in the desert atleast once a week. Thank you and excited to join the drive with you. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

RSVP IS NOW CLOSED
image.png.e06aca0af91c04ce230989f3d1c40c1c.png

Another strong looking convoy, and with @Anish S in my second lead, and @Desert Dweller as my center forward, i am sure we will be able to make some good terrain. @Biju Abdul can take the sweeping duties and keep the convoy nicely together and moving.

Starting from Murquab, there is a nice mix of technical dunes and long range dunes, but the tricky thing in this area is that the higher dunes are quite complex and at some point difficult to cross, as they run zig-zag without any pattern. That means this will be a drive where some focus is needed and an emphasis of giving each other enough space to build momentum and take you through. 

Anyways we are all here to learn and won't leave anyone behind, and i will try to find some nice play areas where we can do sidey's and some basic criss-crossing and ridge riding. 

See you guys tomorrow !

PS We will be using Carnity Channel 4 (446.08125 Mhz) tomorrow.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 2

Drive Report

While deflating nearby the Murquab mosque I realized that the last time I was here, we had to pull out a vehicle with a 4x4 issue. Little did I know that yesterday this was the second time Murquab would bite us in the buttocks.

We started off wonderfully with the whole convoy easily following and digesting the amazing dune formations on left side of the farm and the smaller technical areas, scattered with barb wire and bushes. 

Once we reached Tawi Masayati I heard a request from @Biju Abdul that there was an issue with @Ahmed Farghaly his Xterra and asked me to come back to have a look. Upon arrival I saw the Xterra was nicely planted on a sideslope as the engine had cut off without any reason. 
Knowing that towing back a dead car over this technical terrain was our last resort, we first tried whatever we could to diagnose the car and get it to restart but to no avail. The immobilizer still kept thinking we were trying to steal the car and could not get restarted, even with @Desert Dweller her power booster. 

With the setting sun, we decided to pull the car out and tow it back into Murquab town, which needed the recce of @Desert Dweller and @Foxtrot Oscar to find clean baby tracks that would make it doable for me to take and get it done safely. Upon my request they scouted the area brilliantly and i thank them both on my knees for rising to this occasion and this made the rescue attempt successful. During the few times we needed some tugs and shoveling several members jumped out with shovels, and helped out with attaching the rope. A fantastic team made such a difference yesterday. 

Given the fact that we all were so hungry to explore this area, I will schedule the same drive next week same time same channel 😉

I will add your names to the RSVP. Please confirm on Sunday if you guys can all make it. Free spots will be kept open for others to sign up. 

@Ahmed Farghaly i hope the black beauty finally caves in and roars again soon ! All the best !

@Anish S thx for the great second lead and overall help.

@Biju Abdul wonderful sweep duties and well communicated !

See you guys soon back in the sand !

• Like (+1) 3
  • Sad (0) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 5

6 hours ago, Frederic said:

I will add your names to the RSVP. Please confirm on Sunday if you guys can all make it. Free spots will be kept open for others to sign up. 

Thats great...I would love to do the same drive....Thank you @Frederic

See you all next friday...

• Like (+1) 2

Well i can assure you guys that my Xterra won't give any more troubles, cuz its SOLD :D

Just for knowledge, sepcially for all Nissan owners in case the same happend again in futrue, it was just the battery terminal fuse got broken (stupid Nissan design that had so many complaints since forever 🤷‍♂️)

@Frederic sorry to disappoint you, but i am gonna have to joing the coming drive with a differt "hopfully" beauty :D

2.jpg.25761ffbe80cb0ee91e39aff810e8ab9.jpg

• Like (+1) 3
  • WOW (+2) 1

2 minutes ago, Ahmed Farghaly said:

Well i can assure you guys that my Xterra won't give any more troubles, cuz its SOLD :D

Just for knowledge, sepcially for all Nissan owners in case the same happend again in futrue, it was just the battery terminal fuse got broken (stupid Nissan design that had so many complaints since forever 🤷‍♂️)

@Frederic sorry to disappoint you, but i am gonna have to joing the coming drive with a differt "hopfully" beauty :D

OMG i had been looking at that fuse but could not see through it because of yellow fading, walked back to my car to take my voltmeter, but around that time we tried with the booster cable and i forgot to measure out that fuse. Anyways i am looking forward seeing you again soon with your new offroad toy ! Keep us posted !

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Ahmed Farghaly said:

Amazing!! I'm so happy it was just an easy fix!

23 hours ago, Frederic said:

Drive Report

While deflating nearby the Murquab mosque I realized that the last time I was here, we had to pull out a vehicle with a 4x4 issue. Little did I know that yesterday this was the second time Murquab would bite us in the buttocks.

We started off wonderfully with the whole convoy easily following and digesting the amazing dune formations on left side of the farm and the smaller technical areas, scattered with barb wire and bushes. 

Once we reached Tawi Masayati I heard a request from @Biju Abdul that there was an issue with @Ahmed Farghaly his Xterra and asked me to come back to have a look. Upon arrival I saw the Xterra was nicely planted on a sideslope as the engine had cut off without any reason. 
Knowing that towing back a dead car over this technical terrain was our last resort, we first tried whatever we could to diagnose the car and get it to restart but to no avail. The immobilizer still kept thinking we were trying to steal the car and could not get restarted, even with @Desert Dweller her power booster. 

With the setting sun, we decided to pull the car out and tow it back into Murquab town, which needed the recce of @Desert Dweller and @Foxtrot Oscar to find clean baby tracks that would make it doable for me to take and get it done safely. Upon my request they scouted the area brilliantly and i thank them both on my knees for rising to this occasion and this made the rescue attempt successful. During the few times we needed some tugs and shoveling several members jumped out with shovels, and helped out with attaching the rope. A fantastic team made such a difference yesterday. 

Given the fact that we all were so hungry to explore this area, I will schedule the same drive next week same time same channel 😉

@Ahmed Farghaly i hope the black beauty finally caves in and roars again soon ! All the best !

@Anish S thx for the great second lead and overall help.

@Biju Abdul wonderful sweep duties and well communicated !

See you guys soon back in the sand !

You are most welcome @Frederic doing the recce was an absolute buzz and the highlight of this weekend's driving for me personally, even although I was just the co-pilot. To be let loose like that was such a thrill. Thanks for the vote of confidence and for entrusting us with such an important task.

Edited by Foxtrot Oscar
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use