•  

ABSOLUTE NEWBIE Morning Desert Drive - Al Qudra Dubai - 19 Feb 2021

Srikumar

53 minutes ago, Srikumar said:

@Yahya Munir we are all bound by the same guideline of Carnity. I have attached the Carnity Guidelines with regards to the User profile for your reading. Only you can drive under your User ID. 

Okay. I registered her and confirmed for the drive (vivi)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

@Srikumar 

Hi All,

My name is Praju Pramod.

Please note my responses as follows:

1) Toyota Land Cruiser GXR V6

2) I am an absolute newbie - No prior experience at all

3) Yes

Look forward to meet you all.

Kind regards,

Praju

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

@Srikumar

Daniel here

RAM Rebel, 2019, Grey

Minor offroad experience, mostly 2WD in the mud. I just aquired the RAM, so some adaptation needed from my side.

Towpoints are stock in this car.

Question... watching the video... it says I have to carry more gear than I currently have, although I have all the recommended ones in the drive description.

What would be the absolute minumum recommended? So I can do some shopping if needed.

Cheers!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

@Daniel Rodas firstly let me welcome you to our community. I am so excited to have you on one of my drives soon. I am a huge Ram fan, but the Rebel is one which has caught my attention for some time now. I have been waiting to see one on the sands of UAE in person. Since this is an Absolute Newbie drive don't worry too much about the gears. All you need is a tire deflator and a tested tire pressure gauge. If you have an off-road flag it is a plus along with a preset two way radio, but only a must from next week onwards. I hope you enjoy the drive on Friday and feel the warmth of our closely knit community.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

On 2/15/2021 at 12:29 PM, Srikumar said:

@I.M.Shousha إسلام أبوشوشة @Shynil Hashim @danferrub @Cale Hugill @Kassem Zaiter

A big warm welcome to all newcomers to the Carnity Offroad Club !

Kindly introduce yourself with the following info:

1) Which 4x4 are you bringing ?

2) Any prior off-roading experience ? If so where and what ?

3) Please confirm your 4x4 has front and rear towpoints that are in perfect condition

For your first drive, you would only need a pressure gauge, tyre deflator, and a compressor (the Qudra petrol station compressor is out of service).

Please have a look at the Absolute Newbie briefing video posted in this topic:

MUST WATCH: NEWBIE VIDEO BRIEFING

And you will find more information about the various Offroad tools here:

Do not hesitate to ask your questions here !

Hello! This is Daniel and I'm so excited to off roading with Carnity.

1) White Pajero 4 doors 3.5

2) No experience Off-roading. I went with some friends also with carnity but never driving.

3) Confirmed!

See you all on Friday!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

@Daniel Rodas thank you for the introduction. Regarding the gears needed for your first offroad drive, you would need a deflator, pressure gauge and a compressor (the ADNOC Qudra gas station compressor is not working). Also, just to reconfirm that you have a tow point at the back and NOT a tow ball (that is used to connect a trailer). 

• Like (+1) 1

@Shynil Hashim  @Cale Hugill @Kassem Zaiter  @Ishraque Ahammed

Kindly introduce yourself with the following info:

1) Which 4x4 are you bringing ?

2) Any prior off-roading experience ? If so where and what ?

3) Please confirm your 4x4 has front and rear towpoints that are in perfect condition

For your first drive, you would only need a pressure gauge, tyre deflator, and a compressor (the Qudra petrol station compressor is out of service).

Please have a look at the Absolute Newbie briefing video posted in this topic:

MUST WATCH: NEWBIE VIDEO BRIEFING

And you will find more information about the various Offroad tools here:

Do not hesitate to ask your questions here !

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Srikumar said:

@Daniel Rodas thank you for the introduction. Regarding the gears needed for your first offroad drive, you would need a deflator, pressure gauge and a compressor (the ADNOC Qudra gas station compressor is not working). Also, just to reconfirm that you have a tow point at the back and NOT a tow ball (that is used to connect a trailer). 

Thanks @Srikumar, will reconfirm shortly.

Edited by Daniel Rodas
  • Like (+1) 1

Hi!

1. Mine is a 2005 Pathfinder R50 (White)

2. Absolutely ZERO experience

3. I dont have a rear tow point. Trying to get this fixed. Mine is in the workshop getting some essential fixes. Just in case, I am not able to solve this by EoD today, i will drop out so that someone else can join.

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use