•  

Lens Lovers Club - Evening Star Photography Session - 11 May 2021

Frederic

On 4/26/2021 at 8:59 AM, Thomas Varghese said:

I use 2 cameras - 1. Canon EOS 700D 2. Canon 5D Mark 1 Classic.

Lenses -

1. EF 50mm Prime Lens Canon
2. EF 75 - 300mm Telephoto lens Canon
3. EFS 55- 250mm Telephoto lens Canon
4. EFS 18 - 55 mm Telephoto Lens Canon
5. EFS 10- 20mm Wide angle lens. Sigma. 

Plus polarizing filter, macro attachments, 1.4 x tele extender, Flashes etc

How do both cameras hold up against each other for daily use ? 

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

32 minutes ago, Frederic said:

How do both cameras hold up against each other for daily use ? 

Usually i use EOS 700D, the reason being my lenses are mostly EFS and ease of use of menus plus its lighter than the 5D Classic. I use the 5D occasionally when I want to take portraits as I have the 50mm 1.8 prime & the 75 - 300mm telephoto EF lenses as the bokeh in the full frame is more pronounced. The 5D Mark 1 is good but 700D is equally good. Bought the classic as a second hand because of curiosity for the full frame. I have a 500D also which now has to go for repair, the pictures this camera took was very good in fact slightly better than the 700D as pixel size is more in the sensor but resolution is less. The write speed of the classic is comparatively slower than the 700D and the CF card for the classic is more expensive than the SDXC cards. Minus point of CF cards is they have to be handled very carefully when taking it out and reinserting to the camera due to the number of pins they have or else any wrong action will render your card reader useless and your camera back for the adapter replacement which is expensive. 

The color science of canon digital cameras right from their inception till now is commendable as is the best in the industry. Ease of menu I suppose no other manufacturer can match. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Thomas Varghese said:

Usually i use EOS 700D, the reason being my lenses are mostly EFS and ease of use of menus plus its lighter than the 5D Classic. I use the 5D occasionally when I want to take portraits as I have the 50mm 1.8 prime & the 75 - 300mm telephoto EF lenses as the bokeh in the full frame is more pronounced. The 5D Mark 1 is good but 700D is equally good. Bought the classic as a second hand because of curiosity for the full frame. I have a 500D also which now has to go for repair, the pictures this camera took was very good in fact slightly better than the 700D as pixel size is more in the sensor but resolution is less. The write speed of the classic is comparatively slower than the 700D and the CF card for the classic is more expensive than the SDXC cards. Minus point of CF cards is they have to be handled very carefully when taking it out and reinserting to the camera due to the number of pins they have or else any wrong action will render your card reader useless and your camera back for the adapter replacement which is expensive. 

The color science of canon digital cameras right from their inception till now is commendable as is the best in the industry. Ease of menu I suppose no other manufacturer can match. 

Thanks 🙏 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Frederic said:

Thanks 🙏 

Full frame cameras have lot of admirers due to its ability to record less noise and the bokeh it creates. APS-C cameras are best for daily rugged use. EFS lenses are cheaper than EF and lighter too.  Regarding crop factor and max, min aperture you can multiply the crop factor and get the equivalent. Overall if you are shooting in a controlled environment full frames are better but APS -C's are best for daily use as they are lighter by more than 200 to 300 gms from the camera body itself. Best is to keep both format cameras in your camera bag. You never know what you will get to shoot and when. 

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, Thomas Varghese said:

Full frame cameras have lot of admirers due to its ability to record less noise and the bokeh it creates. APS-C cameras are best for daily rugged use. EFS lenses are cheaper than EF and lighter too.  Regarding crop factor and max, min aperture you can multiply the crop factor and get the equivalent. Overall if you are shooting in a controlled environment full frames are better but APS -C's are best for daily use as they are lighter by more than 200 to 300 gms from the camera body itself. Best is to keep both format cameras in your camera bag. You never know what you will get to shoot and when. 

Hey Thomas … with mirrorless full frame coming down to the size of an older APS-C like my Nikon D3300 could this be the ideal platform to upgrade to?  You and others convinced me to not burn money and enjoy my older camera … it produces great pics… but now I have that itch again! 🤦🏽‍♂️ Especially seeing all the full frame cameras turning up this evening 😂 

• Like (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1

2 minutes ago, Niki said:

Hey Thomas … with mirrorless full frame coming down to the size of an older APS-C like my Nikon D3300 could this be the ideal platform to upgrade to?  You and others convinced me to not burn money and enjoy my older camera … it produces great pics… but now I have that itch again! 🤦🏽‍♂️ Especially seeing all the full frame cameras turning up this evening 😂 

Canon is coming up with some very good and affordable mirrorless cameras

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use