COVID19 Compliant - Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Tawi Nazwa - Sharjahi - 20 Aug 2021

Janarthan

Hello All,

Thanks for joining Friday drive. Looks like starting at 5.30 helped everyone and we had no dropouts this time. 

Thank you @Sunil Mathew @Zixuan Huang - Charlie and @Hisham Masaad for your support. Your assistance during recoveries really helped a lot and kept us moving. 

@Sunil Mathewyou did brilliantly as second lead. Position yourself perfectly. 

@Nafiz you did amazing for your 1st fewbie drive. I hope this is a good start for your upcoming drives. Hope your bumper is ok. 

@Michael Glavanisamazing try with your LR and I am glad that you kept trying more with your wheels. More you drive, the more you bond with them. 

And I believe the rest of the team members used your radio, only for listening purposes ;)

@Richard Franks @Ben84 @Will Seivewright @topgear @Daniel Yang @TT_Dubai

You all did amazing and hope you guys enjoyed the drive. 

Cheers

See you again soon in the sand

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thanks (+1) 1

The later start certainly helped @Janarthan! Thanks again for leading a great drive on the fine sands of Nazwa and Badayer. As @Sunil Mathew mentioned the first part was up and down technical dunes which allowed me to experiment with keeping my revs low to really benefit from momentum and to play with gearing. Great support from @Zixuan Huang - Charlie as CF and @Hisham Masaad in sweep - I felt safe that I wasnt going to be left behind!

The temperature was on our side too and it was nice to deflate and drive the first part without breaking out into a sweat. 

I uploaded some pics in the Gallery. Have a super week all!

• Like (+1) 4

Thought I would remain as SW which seems to be a more relaxing role to me, but ended up being the more important role - CF, Thank you @Janarthanand @Hisham Masaad for the opportunity.

Great job done @Sunil Mathew being the SL, as well as the rest of convoy, especially the self-recoveries performed by @Michael Glavanis

@Nafiz I hope you can get your bumper fixed and will see you soon on the sands, yours were better than the other LC120 I have driven with in the same area, it had the entire bumper tore off in 1piece

1629565488210.jpg.ea8e6b6494e6c259f47b6d4bb6f04528.jpg

Looking forward to seeing you in FB+ very soon @TT_Dubai!

Till next time!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Thanks for the great drive @Janarthan @Hisham Masaad@Zixuan Huang - Charlie

This is my second visit to the Nazwa desert and it did not disappoint with the continuous flow of compact and smooth dunes and some patches of soft areas to challenge us. Hope to drive with you all again.

• Like (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use