•  
Advertise here

2018 Prado V6 4L vs 2019 Nissan Patrol V6 4L

On 5/31/2022 at 4:28 PM, Lawrence_Chehimi said:

Having a diff lock is nice, but not very necessary when driving in convoys. Keep in mind you can always add an aftermarket front and rear diff locks (pneumatic or electric) and btw they make your diff more robust and they do actually work when you need them unlike the factory ones!

I would beg to differ on this @Lawrence_Chehimi having diff locks have got me out of sticky situations even when in convoy!  For the times when I’ve got out alone for rescuing, having a diff locks always proved beneficial. 

I am not sure about how much costly the aftermarket’s ones are but it’s always better to have a car with one! 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, GauravSoni said:

I would beg to differ on this @Lawrence_Chehimi having diff locks have got me out of sticky situations even when in convoy!  For the times when I’ve got out alone for rescuing, having a diff locks always proved beneficial. 

I am not sure about how much costly the aftermarket’s ones are but it’s always better to have a car with one! 

i seconds this,

yes, you can live without rear difflock, probably you will have to sweat out a bit for some shoveling or fixing the rope etc. 

But if you have a rear difflock its luxury, with a flick of a button you are out of the situation. 

Also remember there are more situation where having rear difflock or having all the power or all the gadgets is useless and you have to use basic recovery skills to come out of situations. 

My advice, - Buy a car with good off road capability but learn the basics and master it thoroughly. 

Good luck with your purchase. 👍

• Like (+1) 2

Ok small clarification for @GauravSoni and @Rizwanm2 what Lawrence meant for rear diff lock of Y62 is having inherited incompetence of not engaging when stuck in deep sand.

I myself noticed in more than 10 occasions that Y62 rear diff lock doesnt work in most of the sand stuck situations unlike Pajero and Xterra rear diff lock always engage when you need it the most.

In some cases I also noticed that Y62 was unable to move to low gear when in deep sand stuck, once recovered it moves fine to low gear. Seem electricry gadgets arent fully tested on sand.

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.