Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Badayer - Sharjah - 23 June 2023

Hisham Masaad

@Hisham Masaad Fantastic Yalla Push drive, which started with 27 degrees and we managed to push it by 7 degrees in 2.5 fast pace with a coffee break (thanks to @Pavel Pashkovskiy again) at perfect spot, after that adrenaline climb! 
Brilliant SL @Mohamad Anwer and support at back @Pacific with calm composed sweep by @Benjamin!

@Abdelghani I am still not able to believe it was your first time in Badayer!! ( @Hisham Masaad pls can u explain this! why!!!) 

Congrats to all FBs at front who took up the challenge and did flawlessly brilliant ( @Abdelghani, @Pavel Pashkovskiy and 🌻 @Marketa Dobesova

no words for bad boys at the back😂, I know how challengimg it was to be back with total churned up tracks but your skill was a reason you were at back of convoy😂, @Felix Obst @Ignacio Quindós @Krishna R 💥

Looking forward to more , summer friday , quick morning drives✌️with u all! 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 5
  • Well Done (+2) 1

@Hisham Masaad, this was just a wonderful morning drive 🙌 We were discussing with 🌻that this was one of the best Fewbie drives for us 🙏🤩 Thank you for arranging this trip on Friday morning, that was just perfect timing before the work starts 👍.

Always fun to drive with you my favorite off-roaders, @Pavel Pashkovskiy, @DP1011, and my @Felix Obst, and nice meeting new faces today too ☺️

• Like (+1) 5
  • Well Done (+2) 3

First drive in Badayer, Best drive so far!!

Thank you Emperor of Badayer @Hisham Masaad for arranging the drive and for all the "Yalla Push".

Really enjoyed every part as the desert was very nice after the rain.

Also special thanks to everyone for keeping up so that we could keep pushing.

Nice to meet new faces and lovely old friends.

See you all soon.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Thank you @Hisham Masaad, it was a great drive and great moment to complete my 100th drive with you. 

Great climb followed by great coffee courtesy @Pavel Pashkovskiy

Everyone did excellent. 

@DP1011 @Mohamad Anwer, always pleasure driving with you guys.

@Ignacio Quindós great talking to you. 

Lots of laughter and talks over the drive....say it a dream.drive.

Guys have a great weekend. 

Screenshot_20230623_172050_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230623_172106_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230623_172204_Gallery.jpg

• Like (+1) 3
  • WOW (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 2

30 minutes ago, Pacific said:

Thank you @Hisham Masaad, it was a great drive and great moment to complete my 100th drive with you. 

Great climb followed by great coffee courtesy @Pavel Pashkovskiy

Everyone did excellent. 

@DP1011 @Mohamad Anwer, always pleasure driving with you guys.

@Ignacio Quindós great talking to you. 

Lots of laughter and talks over the drive....say it a dream.drive.

Guys have a great weekend. 

Screenshot_20230623_172050_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230623_172106_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230623_172204_Gallery.jpg

Congratulations @Pacific for the completion of 100 drive. 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

A wonderful drive, when all factors work well, match and react together. Nothing more good than wonderful drivers, cars, and nice area and terrain. Badayer never disappoint, and always offer great tracks. Started with nice early morning, meeting all participants excited and ready to start our adventure. Briefing done, and started moving. As mentioned, a good drive is made by all. When getting pushed by cars behind, it encourage to raise the level. Eventually, had good time, good fun and exited with a big smile, made me feeling really good and happy. Covered about 45km in less than 2 hours. Pleasure to meet new friends @Marketa Dobesova @Pavel Pashkovskiy. Both of you did amazing, and managed to exit without any issue. @Mohamad Anwer thank you for being SL. @DP1011 @Pacific and @Benjamin your presence to support was assuring to keep moving without looking back. I have to be more careful @DP1011 when you join, specially when you carry you phone to take photos 😅. @Abdelghani amazing in your first badayer challenge, congratulations 👏🏼👏🏼. @Ignacio Quindós @Krishna R @Felix Obst happy to meet you again, and thank you for joining. 

Below screen shots of what we have made today.

Wish you happy weekend. Look forward to see you again in sand. 

C2788C09-8C88-4E0F-8E13-CB3ACE868768.jpeg

1A1D403B-9252-4DF6-A9F2-5C00B6946D36.jpeg

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 2

What a drive!

Thank you @Hisham Masaad for organizing this Fewbie/Intermediate quick and crazy drive on a Friday morning and executing it to perfection. I say perfection because the convoy showed up sharp at 5 am, the briefing was quick, we experienced everything the desert could offer AND hit the tarmac at EXACT 8 am. This is not easy.

Refreshing lines by the King Emperor of Badayer. We enjoyed even the technical portions. My first experience of a Yalla Push drive from the man that coined the term and I am still craving for more.

The highlight was the surprise play area which was nestled among hidden dunes. I am sure not many people know about this place even though Badayer is a popular offroading spot. Somehow, Hisham found it and took us through the secret passage to play in the virgin sand bowls. When I heard Hisham on the radio - " guys just bear with the tech portions for 5 mins, we are going to a nice play area", I knew something special was coming up :) 

My admiration to the fewbies today - @Marketa Dobesova @Pavel Pashkovskiy @Abdelghani. You guys were the real heroes of today. You were pushed beyond your limits and you emerged without spilling blood and I know you guys enjoyed it as well.

@Pavel Pashkovskiy Great stuff today. Heard a lot about your special coffee and I got to experience your hospitality today. I had to drag myself out of bed with 3 alarms and you had the time to make fresh coffee for us. Love the sandrunner BTW. It sounds sweet.

@Mohamad Anwer Don't hate the Nissan, old friend. The jeeps played your mind today. Great stuff as usual in the SL position. You brought your usual dose of humour to the drive today :) 

@Marketa Dobesova It was a pleasure meeting you and 🌻. I don't believe you're in fewbie level. After all, you were one of the very few that made the climb in the first attempt. 

@DP1011 Driving with you after a long time. Amazing CF stuff as usual. Laid back driving and eating up the dunes as nobody's business.

@Felix Obst Driving like its a newbie drive. Just floating on the sand without a sound. no re-attempts whatsoever and asking for more 😜

@Pacific Amazing support as usual and thank you for watching my back. I know you were thinking to sell the jeep and buy an Xterra. Mine is not for sale 😝

@Benjamin The designated sweep. I've lost count of drives that you were the sweep man. Don't do it so well and you will only have churned sand on all your drives. Jokes aside, impeccable driving and clear communication to the Marshall on convoy status. Well done!

@Ignacio Quindós Followed us everywhere even with the churned sand from all the wranglers up front. It was truly an intermediate drive for you and Benjamin.

@Abdelghani We all know you are not a fewbie. Don't hide behind that badge :) However, you did magic with the stock FJ. You should drive the black one next time. I want to see you fly!

Overall, today's drive satisfied the offroader in me, thanks to @Hisham Masaad

Looking forward to driving with you guys again.

Until then, Keep calm and don't watch offroading videos on YouTube, the PTSD is real!

P.S. If anyone has a video of me flying in iftar bowl, Please whatsapp it on +971 526334562. It would be much appreciated.

Edited by Krishna R
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Important Information

Terms of use