•  

Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Lesaily Run III (Lisaili to Qudra) - Dubai - 8 July 2023

Looper

Lesaily Run.png

DRIVE PLAN

Kickstarting the weekend at Lisaili, our off-road adventure awaits in two exciting parts. The initial segment will take place in Lisaili itself, offering soft sands and an impending rise in temperatures. Within an hour, we'll swiftly navigate through this section, revving up our speed and indulging in thrilling ridge riding experiences. However, our primary focus lies on the second part of the drive. Brace yourself for the LeSaily Run, a thrilling journey encompassing a diverse terrain bouquet that serves both as a playground and a classroom. Get ready to push boundaries and expand your off-roading skills in this captivating expedition.

We request every member that joins this drive to go through the information below and strictly follow these guidelines, etiquette, and responsibilities.

MUST READ AND COMPLY

DRIVE DETAILS

• Level:  Fewbie and above
  • When: 8 July 2023, Saturday
  • Meeting time:  5:30 AM - Sharp (Without any exceptions)
  • Meeting Point: https://goo.gl/maps/KGF6L8VwXMza3tJz7
  • Approximate finish time: 9:00 AM
  • Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.
  • What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, enthusiasm, and willingness to learn.

MANDATORY OFF-ROAD GEAR:

• Tire deflator & Tire pressure gauge
  • Compressor
  • Walkie-talkie radio
  • Off-road flag
  • Shovel, Tow Rope & 2 Shackles
  • First-aid kit
  • Fire extinguisher

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• This drive is limited to 10 cars only. RSVP will close on Friday
  • If the RSVP is full, you can add your name to the waitlist, once anyone drops, you will be moved to the RSVP list.
  • RSVP will close a day prior to preparing a convoy list.
  • Latecomers will be returned - Without any exceptions.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned - Without any exceptions.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON BELOW CALENDAR

don't drive like its your last one.

@Mohit Gurnani, @Rk ram, @Juan R, @Saverio Arena, @Deepak Eswar, @Anoop Nair, @Cristian, @Bjoern, @Arda Yagcioglu & @Ranjan Das thanks for this drive. This drive looks like a Jeepers drive with 8/11 cars being Jeep.

Make sure that you are all prepared to join the drive. I will be posting the convoy order in a little while.

• Like (+1) 1

It is also a mini re-union of my Absolute Newbie gang with  @Ranjan Das @Arda Yagcioglu in the convoy. Practically only attendees from that drive, who are still driving today. 

• Like (+1) 2

Thank you all for joining the drive. Here are the brief details for you to prepare for tomorrow morning's drive.

Estimated Start Time: 5:30 am

Estimated Finish Time: 9:00 a.m.

Meeting Point: Lisaili

Estimated End Point: Quadra Roundabout

Nearest Filling Station: EPPCO 50, E66

Radio Channel: Channel 2 (446.031)

Convoy Order:

image.png.03c9ad121f4ac3085fcb07cb3ce69657.png

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Thank you everyone for joining this drive. From the convoy itself one could tell that it was a formidable line up with all excellent off-road cars. Within the first hour we were able to cover over 60% of the planned track and I was looking to extend the time somehow because we were almost at the end by 7:30 itself. Few refusals here and there and a couple of loops around the track made up of the fast pace and we completed the drive on time at 9 am.

@Mohit Gurnani you did an excellent job at second lead today, keeping distance. I hope you had a good practice using that magical A Trac of yours.

@Saverio Arena this was your first fewbie drive but you drove very well without any refusals.

@Rk ram you drove quite well, with more practice hesitation if any will go away and gradually you will learn where the push the car and where not to do it. Keeping an eye on the front car how it did will guide you towards it. 

@Deepak Eswar you were flawless on this drive, of course the SWB Jeep Wrangler JL would have made everything easy as well.

@Rob S it was great to see you once again, and thanks for anchoring the drive in the middle and being part of every refusal. 

@Cristian we drive again and hope you had enjoyed the drive. As usual you were excellent.

@Juan R the second white wrangler in the convoy, you have driven more than half of your FB drives with me but this time it was different that it was not a surprise lead from me for you 😝

@Arda Yagcioglu welcome back after the break, and I hope all the off-road driving rust has been removed with this one.

@Bjoern good to have you at the back and what can I say, you have always been excellent with that car of yours.

@Ranjan Das Thanks taking up the responsibilities of the sweep and doing much of the tugging we had to do today. 

See you all in next instalment of Looper's loops.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

3 hours ago, Cristian said:

No refusal no party.

Thanks everyone for another fun ride!

20230708_074052.jpg

Thanks to one of those refusals I could unwind my winch that got stuck while doing a recovery. 

23 hours ago, Looper said:

Thank you everyone for joining this drive. From the convoy itself one could tell that it was a formidable line up with all excellent off-road cars. Within the first hour we were able to cover over 60% of the planned track and I was looking to extend the time somehow because we were almost at the end by 7:30 itself. Few refusals here and there and a couple of loops around the track made up of the fast pace and we completed the drive on time at 9 am.

@Mohit Gurnani you did an excellent job at second lead today, keeping distance. I hope you had a good practice using that magical A Trac of yours.

@Saverio Arena this was your first fewbie drive but you drove very well without any refusals.

@Rk ram you drove quite well, with more practice hesitation if any will go away and gradually you will learn where the push the car and where not to do it. Keeping an eye on the front car how it did will guide you towards it. 

@Deepak Eswar you were flawless on this drive, of course the SWB Jeep Wrangler JL would have made everything easy as well.

@Rob S it was great to see you once again, and thanks for anchoring the drive in the middle and being part of every refusal. 

@Cristian we drive again and hope you had enjoyed the drive. As usual you were excellent.

@Juan R the second white wrangler in the convoy, you have driven more than half of your FB drives with me but this time it was different that it was not a surprise lead from me for you 😝

@Arda Yagcioglu welcome back after the break, and I hope all the off-road driving rust has been removed with this one.

@Bjoern good to have you at the back and what can I say, you have always been excellent with that car of yours.

@Ranjan Das Thanks taking up the responsibilities of the sweep and doing much of the tugging we had to do today. 

See you all in next instalment of Looper's loops.

Dear Gowtham, Thank you for organising such an exciting desert drive; your efforts are appreciated and thank you for your below message.

It was a pleasure for me to be a part of the convoy and a thrilling and unforgettable experience; the added excitement of driving amid a storm made it even more unique and memorable.

I must also acknowledge that the seamless and enjoyable journey was made possible  for me by the impressive "Jeep Power."

Thanks to Rob and Ranjan for their valuable support throughout the drive and Mohit as the second lead.

To Saverio, RK Ram, Christian, Juan, Arda, and Bjoern, it was a pleasure meeting you and experiencing the drive as a cohesive team. I look forward to meeting all of you again in future drives.

Once again, thank you, Gowtham, for providing us with a cherished experience.

• Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use