•  

Night Intermediate Desert Drive - Big Red "Pitch Black in Reverse" - Sharjah - 5 Aug 2023

M.Seidam

4 minutes ago, Krishna R said:

Apologies Doc, 

I will have to bail out of this drive. not in the right mental mindset.

Will surely join you for the next drive.

No worries my friend 

• Thanks (+1) 1

Drive Report 

Highlights :

1. After the sudden heavy rain and hail in the afternoon I expected to face ponds at the side of the road and to drive on soaked sand . However that was not the case at all and to the contrary it seems that the heat evaporated every drop. 

2. The meeting : by 8:45 pm every one was ready for the “reverse drive “ looking forward to break though the darkness safely.

3. The route :

image.jpeg.6fb8abe92a85f1f8f836ef551579fe53.jpeg

west to big red we headed straight north east and it didn’t take us long to realise the consistency of the sand soft like how we wanted it to be. Turning south now to ascend gradually climbing big red from its northern side and negotiating its nasty  bowls at top descending its south side and back north and east in multiple loops.once on the eastern flat side we entered the “ dark side of the moon “ to drive technical and super technical far east and then back toward the midway between the 🐊rock and big red to attack the slip faces now in in and out bowling with switching in pretty fast pace till we we reached pink rock climbing it from behind ( not the usual way we do ) . From there descending the ramp that we always used to ascend it . Once down we boosted the drive continuously till back to big red for a final attack before the exit.

4. No ropes , no shovels . Just couple refusals which was self recovered amazingly . 

5. The convoy : super amazing adhering to the rules of desert night drives and always safe. 

6. The Drivers : Honestly I have to say every one did more than great and many times the radio was silent as every one was in max focus especially in the super fast boosts . 

Big thanks to @Joji varghese as the perfect second lead . Same goes to @Benjamin for his coordination and excellent clear  communication as always . Also lot of thanks for @Rajiv Sam the “ lone wolf “ at the back keeping a vigilant eye on the pack . Also It was great pleasure driving with @Senthil Kumar and @Sunil Mathew who joined us at the last moment. 

I enjoyed this drive and it was one of my best night drives so far . Thank you all again and wish you pleasant week ahead 

Cheers 

Seidam 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

Excellent drive doc @M.Seidam, really enjoyed the fast pace, the bowls, innumerable criss cross/ switches and climbs… the technical area was also pretty intense , More so for me and my car, trying to save my bumpers and fuel tank guard 😀 ( lost one during a previous tech drive, going over a bush sand mound !!) …

Great to reconnect again with all fellow drivers, and to engage in post drive chit chat  @Joji varghese @Benjamin @Senthil Kumar and @Rajiv Sam

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Great drive @M.Seidam it was amazing how fluid we got as a convoy; once in the technical terrain, the dunes matched perfectly entering into long range dunes. Easily one of the better night drives I’ve been on and I’ll look forward to the next :) 

great to catch up with everyone @Joji varghese@Sunil Mathew @Senthil Kumar and @Rajiv Sam

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

@M.Seidam It was really enjoyable, fast paced, with lots of bowls, crisscrosses, switches, and climbs... and the technical area was very challenging.

I was very impressed by everyone in convoy adhering to the rules of desert and their safety was always paramount.  @Joji varghese@Sunil Mathew @Senthil Kumar and  @Benjamin 

Once again, thank you all for your supports. 

• Well Done (+2) 2

Important Information

Terms of use