Night Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Al Hayer South - Abu Dhabi -12 Aug 2023

Frederic

51 minutes ago, Andrei S said:

Hi Fred, 

I’m very looking forward to the drive. Just a piece of advice please, given it’s my first fb+ is it ok to take passengers?

thanks 

Hi @Andrei Si would highly advise against it due to motion sickness in the dark. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

@Sunil Mathew@Andrei S@Gary F@Zulfikhar Naiyar@Krishna R@Benjamin@Gok Krish@Waqas Parvez@Zed

I think we had a good run last night ! The weather was pleasant and we got some minor challenges that were dealt with with a smile !

Brilliant driving by all of you. The terrain definitely wasn’t the easiest with lots of tricky narrow spots, descents, and some super soft areas. 

See you all soon again !

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Hi Fred, thanks for the drive. As you mentioned it was challenging and unpredictable terrain!

Hi all, as it was my first fb+ I got myself in a bit of pickle a couple of times. Thanks for your support to get out.

What do you think of the nickname suggestion? Antree?

see you in sand, thanks

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Well Done (+2) 1

5 hours ago, Frederic said:

The terrain definitely wasn’t the easiest

Cannot agree with you more @Frederic.... seeing my name as second lead on a night drive, which was a first for me (i think), and in a terrain i have never driven before, i was consoling myself that i would anyway be following another long wheelbase car - your Patrol.......but it was shortlived ....seeing the green frog lined up when i arrived, definitely gave me the 'oops" thought bubble :D

Like in your briefing it was really a weird unpredictable terrain with a cocktail of everything - bushes, tree stumps, soft sand, rocks, pipes!!, hoses!!!, pumps!!!, fences !!! and the cherry on top -  a gazelle at night 👇👇 (for those who can spot, or else be content with the scurrying silhouette :-) ...) 

Another video when i realised i cannot follow the trooper everywhere, took a short cut, saw a bush , tried to steer clear and lo and behold  -  @Gary F calls out - 2 wheels in the air, but the Fortuner's 4LO + Diff Lock did the trick

Good job on your first FB+ @Andrei S, and that too a night drive.... hope you got some pointers to take home and see you soon on the next one!!... good to drive with everyone  -  @Benjamin @Krishna R @Zulfikhar Naiyar another night drive with you guys in a short span  👍,  and great driving again with old timers - @Gok Krish @Waqas Parvez and @Zed

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Important Information

Terms of use