•  

Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Sweihan - Abu Dhabi - 27 Aug 2023

Srikumar

DRIVE DESCRIPTION

With the weather finally starting to cool off (atleast in the early mornings), time to start venturing into the bigger dunes of Sweihan, also known as "Little Liwa" among the offroading community. This is the perfect playground to hone your basic skills of approaching a dune, crossing over and how much gas to give. The nature of the spaced out dunes means the drives will be a tad quicker but a lot more fun.

We request every member that joins this drive to go through the below information and strictly follow these guidelines, etiquettes and responsibilities.

MUST READ AND COMPLY

DRIVE DETAILS

Level: Absolute Newbie, Newbie and above

When:  27 August 2023, Sunday

Meeting time:   05:30 AM- Sharp (Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: https://goo.gl/maps/c69wLd7N61JjxBmf6

Approximate finish time:  09:30 AM

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Mandatory off-road gears: Tire deflator, tire pressure gauge, compressor, walkie-talkie radio, off-road flag, shovel, first-aid kit, Tow Rope, 2 Shackles and fire extinguisher.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• This drive is limited to 12 cars only. 
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you find you are unable to join, so your spot can be taken by others in the waitlist.
  • If the RSVP is full, you can add your name to the waitlist, if an RSVP attendee removes themselves, you will be moved from the waitlist to the RSVP list as an attendee.
  • A convoy list will be sent out the day prior to the drive.
  • Latecomers will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - Without any exceptions.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON BELOW CALENDAR

@PETELCZYC PAJERO - luke @Vijay Cowlagi @Mahmoud Taha @Felix Obst @Arravind @Zed @Naveen Raj @Aser @AnasArif @Ishak @rohit kumar @Vanessa8580 @Asif Hussain

Morning Sweihan Boys & Girls

It was great to see the number of sign-ins increase during the week, resulting in a near Full House. We are fortunate to have a very good mix of New and Experienced Drivers amongst us. So to all the Newbies, don't be afraid to get stuck. I am sure the Experienced Guys will be more than happy to shovel and pull you out if needed. 

We have planned an early start to maximize the time we spend during the cooler period of the day. Everyone should ensure that they have a working radio programmed to Carnity Channel 3 as well as ensure that you have a proper safety flag and a shovel. 

The plan is start the drive at the break of daylight where we would be hitting the long range dunes. The drive level would be a Newbie level but I can assure you that we will have lots of fun and playtime. 

Convoy Numbering 

1. Srikumar - XJ

2. Vanessa - Xterra

3. Luke - Pajero

4. Anas - Fortuner

5. Aser - Wrangler

6. Asif Hussain - Xterra

7. Vijay - Land Cruiser

8. Ishak - Pajero

9. Aravind - Patrol

10. Felix - Wrangler

11. Rohit - Raptor

12.  Taha - Xterra

13. Zed - LC 1000

14. Salim - Pajero

15. Naveen - Wrangler

See you guys at the meeting point at 5:30 AM Sharp. As Sweihan gets hot pretty fast, we will not have any room to delay the start timing. 

• Like (+1) 8
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Hi @Srikumar

Thank you for all the updates. I would like to tell you that I do have a flag suction holder but the thread diameter doesn't match with the flag pole diameter. I will try to get it from the market but just in case I don't get it could someone help me out with it? 

1 hour ago, AnasArif said:

Hi @Srikumar

Thank you for all the updates. I would like to tell you that I do have a flag suction holder but the thread diameter doesn't match with the flag pole diameter. I will try to get it from the market but just in case I don't get it could someone help me out with it? 

Hi Anas

If the thread diameters don't match there is nothing much that anyone can do at the meeting point.

Instead I would suggest you visit a hardware shop and they will provide you with a proper connection.

Keep me posted on how it's going.

Finally sorted it out at the hardware store. Thank you for the tip 😃@Srikumar

@Srikumarjust a quick question

Am I permitted to bring my friends in my car? 

Important Information

Terms of use