Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Badayer - Sharjah - 15 Sep 2023

Hisham Masaad

Just wondering is it ok to join a fewbie drive with just two newbie drives for @Dev_  or am I missing something?  I was kicked out from a fewbie drive I joined before getting promoted to fewbie by @Looper 

@Haneef Thayyil it is a very good question.

@Dev_ was promoted to FB and therefore he is eligible to drive in the FB drive. On the other hand you were not promoted at the time I had to remove you from the drive. 

You might be wondering how can he be promoted just after 2 drives! Here we have a system where one can self declare their prior off-roading experience in other clubs and have out of turn promotion to FB. If not one has to do 5 Newbie drives and apply for promotion. 

please also note that promotion at any level is not automatic. There is a feedback loop through which every application is run through provided also that all the necessary equipment for the new level are with the applicant.

hope it helps. Do not hesitate to ask if you have any more questions. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

don't drive like its your last one.

2 minutes ago, Looper said:

@Haneef Thayyil it is a very good question.

@Dev_ was promoted to FB and therefore he is eligible to drive in the FB drive. On the other hand you were not promoted at the time I had to remove you from the drive. 

You might be wondering how can he be promoted just after 2 drives! Here we have a system where one can self declare their prior off-roading experience in other clubs and have out of turn promotion to FB. If not one has to do 5 Newbie drives and apply for promotion. 

please also note that promotion at any level is not automatic. There is a feedback loop through which every application is run through provided also that all the necessary equipment for the new level are with the applicant.

hope it helps. Do not hesitate to ask if you have any more questions. 

Okay 👍 Thank you @Looper☺️ 

• Thanks (+1) 1

@Hisham Masaad sorry for being late. I was waiting for my manager to confirm the leave tomorrow. I guess he is sleeping without reading emails. Please add me to the drive if possible..

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Abhilash Kottakkal said:

@Hisham Masaad sorry for being late. I was waiting for my manager to confirm the leave tomorrow. I guess he is sleeping without reading emails. Please add me to the drive if possible..

Noted @Abhilash Kottakkal. Will add you. But if you don't come to our work, will issue warning to you

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

When you have a great team and good weather, in badayer …. Nothing to ask more… I personally had good time, and hope all of you joiners. After briefing, thanking @DP1011 for explaining to new members, what does yalla push mean. Everyone jumped in his car, want to start the adventure. @Krishna R listed the names for each one to acknowledge, and started the warm up phase. All went good, starting yalla push. First dune, was easily climbed, till the top, and we were lucky to have two pop outs in one time, not to have time wasted to fix each one separately. @DP1011 and his team fixed the one of @Dev_, and our team with @Krishna R fixed the one of @Abhilash Kottakkal. I didn’t know it was a competition, who will finish first, and Deepak team was the winner. It is all because @Krishna R taking so much time to get the jack 🤣. Pop outs fixed and started moving again…. Climbing and back down again, till we got the second pop out of Abhilash, again fixed quickly, and by that time, drive was towards the end, and started exiting. Amazing SL 

@Ignacio Quindós , @Krishna R thank you for watching our back, and as usual @DP1011 is always an asset for any drive. Nice to meet you all and to see how all managed  @Dev_ @Issam Atra @Abhilash Kottakkal @Srilakshman Karthikeyan @Haneef Thayyil  @Abdelghani

Wish you a nice weekend. Look froward to see you again

Hisham

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Really enjoyable drive today, specially opportunity to reach some tall dunes. Thanks Hashim for taking us to those areas, as well as being patient with those had pop out,  and other delays.

The team were brilliant in fixing those pop outs swiftly, and being available immediately for any assistance. 

Thanks Carnity team, see you in the next drive!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

@Hisham Masaadthat was a great drive except for the popout. I clearly understand it is not becuse of the tyre, rim, pressure or anything but my driving style. The first popout i think i hit a small bump when on a side slop. The next one i think i countersteered and tried to fight gravity to go up and again had a popout. Very valuable feedback from @DP1011  @Krishna R on my driving style next time instead of fighting I will just go down take a loop come back and take it easy @DP1011 told me he specifically be was behind me to watch me and give feedback. I was thinking of taking a small break to let my tyre and myself relax. But both of them advised me not to stop and continue driving. In btw popouts I think we had a good run again cut of by me falling into the pocket.. Thank you all for your advises and being supportive and see you all again soon in the sand...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 2

@Dev_ just telling may be you know already...as a popout king I must say.. clean the tyres it will have a lot of sand inside and do balancing. Enoc guys are now very familiar with me and told me they expect me on every weekend. I just told them that this is the last and hope to never return..:D

• Haha (+1) 3

Important Information

Terms of use