•  

Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Try yourself and Enlist to DCT - Dubai - 29 Oct 2023

Rizwanm2

It was my longest drive experience ever with team Carnity (87km), learned a lot and enjoyed the drive from beginning till the end.   We had covered almost all the terrains such as technical dunes, big dunes, slide slopping, sabka driving, desert jungle, scenic, farm drive and lake side drive all together in one long drive thank you @Rizwanm2 . And it was so fun to achieve all the pre-assigned waypoints.  

We had pope-out, few refusals and stuck but we managed everything without spoiling time and it was nice learning experience too.  

As it was a short convoy 4 people only,  personally I got chance to sweep, this is my first ever experience so I really enjoyed it @Rizwanm2 thanks for giving me the chance ☺️ @Abhilash Kottakkal you made your role very well as SL, you drove amazingly compare to all other drives.  You and @Arun Menon got a chance to pull the cars those got stuck and I assume this is your first experience for the same, I'm also waiting my turn on next drives.   

I don't know why there is no gallery for this drive to upload images.    

05.jpg.99fc56fba65e88cef8d03303192acfe9.jpg

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

Edited by Haneef Thayyil
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

thank you guys for joining with me for this adventures drive. it was indeed one of a kind drive. due to short and capable drivers i was able to achieve all expectation from this drive. We went on high speed rampage to reach all check points in no time. im impressed with all of your performance through out the drive. specially during technical area, we were able to cover without any issues. we had all challenges thrown at us. couple of stucks, refusals, high dune crests, pop out. but with an amazing team we sort out all of them in a flash.  

@Abhilash Kottakkal you drove excellent behind me keeping up with speed and precision. 

@Arun Menon even though you had only few FB level drive experience you drove very well. 

@Haneef Thayyil thank you for excellent sweep duty. you handled beast of a Y62 as champ.  

Btw im planning for another thorough practice session next week for confirmed members. im more than happy to welcome you guys to my team please let me know if you are interested. 

until next time have a nice week ahead. 👍

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Hi @Rizwanm2

Thanks for the lovely training drive. I'm really looking forward to participating on the Team Challenge. Hoping to confirm availability by this week.

Thanks @Abhilash Kottakkal and @Haneef Thayyil for your support on the drive. Really enjoyed all the different terrains, the towing experience and seeing how to deal with a pop-out. 

Looking forward to driving with everyone soon!

• Like (+1) 2

@Haneef Thayyil what app are you using to record your drive? 

don't drive like its your last one.

2 minutes ago, Looper said:

@Haneef Thayyil what app are you using to record your drive? 

@Looper I always use Wikiloc to record the drives, I feel it's very smooth on live map while driving and shows accurate location .

I just started using Gaia too but it seems very slow and jumping on live map, not as smooth as Wikiloc.  May be there are some setting to change I have to check it again or it's not working well on my mobile.  I use iPhone 13 pro max.  

In ios apart from enabling always for location service as well as precise location, I also disabled “better location accuracy when plugged in” in power setting -  this make the track recording a lot better for me.

Edited by Looper
Spell check
  • Like (+1) 2

don't drive like its your last one.

1 hour ago, Looper said:

In ios apart from enabling always for location service as well as precise location, I also disabled “better location accuracy when plugged in” in power setting -  this make the track recording a lot better for me.

@Gaurav Soni might be worth checking 

• Like (+1) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

1 hour ago, Looper said:

In ios apart from enabling always for location service as well as precise location, I also disabled better location accuracy when logged in this make the tracks a lot better for me. 

12 minutes ago, Frederic said:

@Gaurav Soni might be worth checking 

@Looper @Frederic Better location accuracy is already disabled by default.  

On 10/30/2023 at 12:08 PM, Haneef Thayyil said:

05.jpg.99fc56fba65e88cef8d03303192acfe9.jpg

87km!  Well done Team @Rizwanm2 , after the 19th it would be nice to have these above 70km drives as the weather gets better :)  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use