•  

2 Days All Level Overlanding Drive - 7 Emirates - 2 and 3 Dec 2023

Frederic

Hey Frederic - AOR flag and suction arrived today from Amazon but are not compatible even though Amazon said they are frequently bought together.  I can't get a replacement delivered in time for Saturday. Any ideas of where to get one or can I be in convoy without one?

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Damian said:

Hey Frederic - AOR flag and suction arrived today from Amazon but are not compatible even though Amazon said they are frequently bought together.  I can't get a replacement delivered in time for Saturday. Any ideas of where to get one or can I be in convoy without one?

I have a spare flag with suction cup. Will bring it along, no worries.

• Like (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

10 hours ago, Damian said:

Hi Damian, i bought the same AOR from Amazon and they are compatible, if you want to do a replacement, check the below 

image.png.2c644e0377080789d11c4b9680e3d30c.pngimage.png.69b67ac14ebf3dbe9844128ebb3a2909.png

• Like (+1) 1

Goodmorning All !

@Alphin Aloor@AlexM@Jaro Tuzinsky@Soufiane@Damian@sohinik@Ahmed Farouk@Srikumar

@Dan S
Thanks for signing up for this event, and a warm Thank You for your donation to Tarahum for Gaza. 

Some important practicalities for tomorrow:

1. E11 (Sheikh Zayed Road) will be closed, so better to avoid by taking the E311 or even better, the E611.

2. Last petrol station before reaching the meeting point via E611 is here: https://maps.app.goo.gl/iHYq37m5MjMPi5ss6

3. Make sure to arrive with a full gas tank and 20l extra jerrycan (unless if you have a sub-tank in your car then no need).

4. The meeting point is only our meet and greet point. So don't deflate or put your flag up yet. Please park parallel to the road so we don't disturb traffic flow.

5. We will be using Carnity Channel 2: 446.031 Mhz. If you do not have a radio yet i will bring some spare radios you can use for this event.

6. We will be mostly off-road, either in the mountains, dunes, or wadis, so there will be limited to no access to any public toilets. However, we plan to camp not too far away from a road that leads us to an ADNOC so that could help to freshen up and restock our cooler. We can potentially have our lunch as well nearby an Adnoc.

7. Make sure to get plenty of rest. Driving for two full days with keeping focus on the off-roading aspect can be very tiring for yourself and passengers. However fun this event will be, the focus is on getting home back safely.

8. I will bring a small firepit so we can make a fire. Fire on the sand itself is not allowed.

8. In case of any emergency, my number is 0 5 6 5 0 4 2 6 3 2

I will make the convoy list and order later today. Wishing you all a good start of the weekend.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Ahmed Farouk said:

Thanks Frederic for your efforts, for SWB Pajero do I need extra jerrycan since we may camp near petrol station? The reason I’ve very limited space without roof racks 

Hi @Ahmed Farouk the Pajero has a relatively big fuel tank, so you should be fine but will definitely need to refuel in the evening once we reach the camping site. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Jaro Tuzinsky said:

Hej @Damian i live in Dubai South, i have got a spare flag and suction, if you need it, pls let me know. I will join you only on the Saturday evening.

Hi Jaro - thanks for the offer. Frederic has a spare and will bring along 

1 hour ago, Dan S said:

Hi Damian, i bought the same AOR from Amazon and they are compatible, if you want to do a replacement, check the below 

image.png.2c644e0377080789d11c4b9680e3d30c.pngimage.png.69b67ac14ebf3dbe9844128ebb3a2909.png

the combination Amazon wrongly suggested was the AOR FLGB SA with quick disconnect. Not the FLG 9S.  you would think they would make them the same thread!

• Like (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1

1 hour ago, Frederic said:

Goodmorning All !

@Alphin Aloor@AlexM@Jaro Tuzinsky@Soufiane@Damian@sohinik@Ahmed Farouk@Srikumar

@Dan S
Thanks for signing up for this event, and a warm Thank You for your donation to Tarahum for Gaza. 

Some important practicalities for tomorrow:

1. E11 (Sheikh Zayed Road) will be closed, so better to avoid by taking the E311 or even better, the E611.

2. Last petrol station before reaching the meeting point via E611 is here: https://maps.app.goo.gl/iHYq37m5MjMPi5ss6

3. Make sure to arrive with a full gas tank and 20l extra jerrycan (unless if you have a sub-tank in your car then no need).

4. The meeting point is only our meet and greet point. So don't deflate or put your flag up yet. Please park parallel to the road so we don't disturb traffic flow.

5. We will be using Carnity Channel 2: 446.031 Mhz. If you do not have a radio yet i will bring some spare radios you can use for this event.

6. We will be mostly off-road, either in the mountains, dunes, or wadis, so there will be limited to no access to any public toilets. However, we plan to camp not too far away from a road that leads us to an ADNOC so that could help to freshen up and restock our cooler. We can potentially have our lunch as well nearby an Adnoc.

7. Make sure to get plenty of rest. Driving for two full days with keeping focus on the off-roading aspect can be very tiring for yourself and passengers. However fun this event will be, the focus is on getting home back safely.

8. I will bring a small firepit so we can make a fire. Fire on the sand itself is not allowed.

8. In case of any emergency, my number is 0 5 6 5 0 4 2 6 3 2

I will make the convoy list and order later today. Wishing you all a good start of the weekend.

Thanks for organizing and the extra instructions re E11. We will be driving down from AD (early start!) about 2 hrs for us. We will refill at the E11 ENOC you suggested. Our LC 300 has split 80/30 petrol tank but is thirsty - saying i only get about 800km a tank on the tarmac. This of course will be worse offroad. I will bring a 20l jerry can just in case. 

Just so we can plan food a bit - you are saying we will be near an ADNOC for dinner in the evening and lunch on day 1 or day 2? 

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use