•  

Full Day Intermediate Desert Drive - Al Quaa - Abu Dhabi - 23 Dec 2023

GauravSoni

What a drive!

My first in Al Quaa.

Started off with a nice camping session with @GauravSoni and @Gok Krish

Into the desert in the morning and I was awed by the size of the dunes and bowls and we went crazy from the get go.

A quick popout which was fixed quickly and we continued on to the bigger bowls deep into the desert.

Just as when we finished the warm up and started playing with sharp ridges, i lost my steering and came down the dune with my heart in my mouth. Serpentine belt broke :( . A quick call to the mechanic meant the belt was unavailable till the eve, so we decided to leave my car and continue the drive.

My first ever drive in the passenger seat and I am scarred for life. Now I know why my wife is scared to come with me into the desert. At a couple of switchovers, i gave up and started getting visions of my dead ancestors. @GauravSoniwas laughing his ass off looking at my face after every climb and switch. 

Everyone drove brilliantly but the people that enjoyed the best were @Chris Wing @Mario Cornejo @Naveen Raj and @Gok Krish

Post the drive, @GauravSoni and I went to the garage in al quaa and the guy greeted us with the belt in his hand. fixed in 5 mins and i started my long drive back to Dubai.

Excited for the next week's drive ;) @GauravSoni looking at you.

Until next time boys,

Until then,

Keep calm and check your engine belt.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 3

Important Information

Terms of use