Afternoon Newbie Desert Drive - Lisaili - Dubai - 23 Dec 2023

Gaurav

Hi All, please find the convoy number below.

We will use Radio Channel 6.

@Julien Recan  @khlief @Nizar Shawwa @ozgu @Jitin @Abdullah N @Damian @Sandeep Nayar @SamBha @sohinik @Imran Asghar @Fares Adel @Pacific

1. Gaurav               Silver Pajero - 2 Door 
  2. Sohinik               Chevrolet Trailblazer
  3. Nizar Shawwa    Toyota Land Cruiser 2022
  4. khlief                  Grand cherokee  2020 , black
  5. Fares Adel          Nissan xterra offroad 2014
  6. Imran Asghar    White FJ Cruiser Xtreme
  7. ozgu                   2021 Nissan Safari 4 Door White
  8. Jitin                     2018 jeep wrangler 4 door 
  9. Abdullah N         White Nissan, Patrol
  10. Rob S                  Beige FJC
  11. Damian               2023 Landcruiser GR Sport
  12. Sandeep Nayar   2021 Totoyta FJ Cruiser - White
  13. Julien Recan       Jeep Wrangler 2022
  14. Pacific                2016 wrangler 2dr
  • Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

12 hours ago, Gaurav said:

@Jassislahi and @Abhilash Kottakkal you have been moved to RSVP, please confirm if you still like to join tomorrow's drive.

My apologies just got alerted about this now. Sorry due to short notice , I won’t be able to make it tomorrow. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

@Gaurav I am really sorry but I got an emergency as my son is sick and got the appointment with doctor for afternoon. I was really looking forward for the drive but unfortunately can't join...

• Sad (0) 1

12 hours ago, khlief said:

Thank you all !

It was an amazing drive and nice to meet you ! 

i had so much fun and learned alot ! 

Thanks for helping me today ! Hopefully will learn and help other people in the future 

Good morning guys, yesterday was a perfect newbie drive, may be even more. Few calculated terrains we took along with cresting / arc drive which normally avoided at newbie, thanks to weather giving little harder sand and to @Gaurav. Overall pleasant drive. 

• Like (+1) 1

Thanks to @Gaurav for leading us through the beautiful dunes of Lisaili. Thanks to @Imran Asghar and @Pacific for the support and well done to @sohinik for wonderful 2nd Lead job.

Our journey started through the camel farm where potentially @Damian lost his flag material in the trees. Always good to remember when navigating on the roads of overhead obstacles. Then onto the smaller dunes, finishing on some of the taller wide open dunes on the hardfaces of the dune. 

No use of the rope today, which is testament to both Gaurav's smooth tracks and attentiveness of the drivers to make sure they were able to follow and navigate the terrian succesfully. Difficult to comment on the drivers right at the front and also the back but directly infront of me @Jitin and @Abdullah N(and @khlief a little further forward) had their first learning opportunities to self recovery. During my time in newbie and fewbie drives these refusals gave great opportunity to learn the art of self recovery and how your vehicle handles.

At all levels, its important to stay calm, annouce on the radio you are stuck, mentioning your name and car, then listen carefully to instructions on the radio for the lead or support team. All three of you did fantastic job here, ensuring swift recovery and no damage or requirements for further assistance other than left and right steering and some expert shoveling from the support team. Well done guys.

Looking forward to seeing you all again soon in the sands. 

• Like (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use