•  

Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Lisalli - Technical - Dubai - 6 Jan 2024

Davie Chase

Dear Desert Wanderers, @FERNANDO SYRIO, @Julien Recan, @Faraz94, @Xavi Moyano, @Benjamin, @essam ibrahim, @Dan S, @Mahesh_, @Juan R @Gertjan @Mark B, and @Gary F

Thank you all for showing up on time this morning and making the drive such a memorable one, we had a little of everything which made the morning pretty special.

We started off avoiding the camels on and the camel trainer cars on the way to the entry point where we entered the wonderful Lisalli Desert to encounter a few Technical dunes. This soon opened up into the mid to long range dunes where we were able to gain some momentum.

we then reverted back to a tight technical section that you all handled amazingly well with just a couple of cresting's but nothing major to write home about.

we made our way back to the longer range dunes where we had our teaching moment. I hope this was valuable to you all as in my mind it is much easier to perform a task if you can see how it should be 

done and of course how it should not be done. A big thank you to our Guinea Pig @Benjamin for demonstrating the correct procedure, followed by the correct way to follow a steer down instruction, and finally what happens when we hit the brakes mid sidey and then how to self-recover. Amazing demonstration from a superb support team member.

We then practiced what we had learnt and each and everyone of you improved as you made multiple attempts, so well done to you all great job.

Mid way through the learning session we were joined by a large camel caravan, however they declined to join in the fun.

We then had a small issue with @Julien Recans car, it was almost time to exit so we did just that, by the exit it had recovered to full RPM. Please get this checked out @Julien Recan prior to joining more drives and let us know what the garage says please.

I would also like to thank my second lead @FERNANDO SYRIO great job my friend keeping the right amount of distance and being able to react to me calls to hold or change the line. well done.

A big shout out to my Sweep of the day @Gary F great job mate keeping me informed all the way around and ensuring we did not loose any of the convoy or leave them behind.

The Technical prowess badge of the day goes to @Mark B for resetting @Julien Recan fault codes and allowing us to exit him although the update did not kick in for a while we still managed to get the car out kudo's to all.

Have a great rest of your weekend and hope to see you all in the sand again very soon.:)

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Thank you @Davie Chase for the awesome drive and the lead and @FERNANDO SYRIO, @Benjamin and @Gary F for the awesome support.

@Mark B thank you for getting it back online. It’s currently at a garage and I should have a diagnostic by 5pm. Hopefully nothing that can’t be fixed today ;)

Edited by Julien Recan
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use