•  

Morning Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Nahil - Abu Dhabi - 27 Jan 2024

4 hours ago, Emanuel said:

Stripped it down to replace the fuse ( they provide 3 spare fuses and behold there's no fuse wired into the unit. What a hunk of junk. I'll replace it with a real jack.

17064313287816667661080009843409.jpg

• Haha (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Emanuel said:

Stripped it down to replace the fuse ( they provide 3 spare fuses and behold there's no fuse wired into the unit. What a hunk of junk. I'll replace it with a real jack.

No fuse to be seen. Hunk of junk or what. 

17064316928585602736794276703900.jpg

• WOW (+2) 1

15 minutes ago, Imran Asghar said:

No fuse to be seen. Hunk of junk or what. 

17064316928585602736794276703900.jpg

Maybe a hunk of junk but works well  when working 

maybe there is a better version of this electric Jack out there 

don’t know much about them and have not researched them either, but would be interested to know 

Found the fuse. It was on the cigarette lighter end. Fuse was fine. Must be the innards that have gone kaput. 

Fixed it! You won't believe what it was. The end you plus the cigarette lighter too was rusted so I scraped it off and it works!!! 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Emanuel said:

Here's a video of our drive yesterday. Enjoy.

We also had a very special and unique experience on this drive. @Imran Asghar's inagural performance for us in the desert.

Emanuel that's a great set of videos and fantastic editing well done!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

I have never seen @Davie Chase climb dunes the size of Eiffel Tower before. There's always a first time!

I have pushed the Jimny and it delivered well. On it's own pace at times, but kept moving, that too on a FB+ means a lot to me. Thank you for believing in me and letting this happen 🙏🏼

Learning from the drive
1. Tactical first gear is very important to climb on the softest of soft sands of AD. By tactical I mean setting it to 1st but not flooring it until the right time (10% area left before the climb).
2. Steer down and try again, another shirt for me to print and wear. Helped in tricky situations 
3. @Patrick van der Loo, without you this would had been very tough. I hereby grant you the title of #JimnyGuardian. Your patience allowed me to focus on what to do to tackle what's ahead. Thank you very much, and I look forward to learning a lot more from you soon. Although the track is fully churned up by being second last in the convoy, your guidance always finds a way to make the Jimny keep moving. 
4. @Imran Asghar set a new refusal tune. No going back now.
5. Closing windows is wiser when in a FB+ drive, I had sand in places I never thought sand could be in. Talking about my car.

@Emanuel an awesome SL as always. I use a SnapMount with DJI Osmo Action 4. Mount is strong enough to be held up at Sharjah Post Office due to its rare earth magnets lol. I use 2.7k, 60fps. Comes out as smooth as Sweihan's sand. 

@Issam Atra I'm extremely glad that you are okay and I wish to see you back in the sand very soon :)

@Gurcharan Mehta, thanks for stepping in during the situation and I did check out the LC70 after the drive, thanks to your convincing. 

#JimnyPower

Edited by Rafey Hashmi
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

@Rafey Hashmi It was an experience pulling out a rig from the desert. Always happy to be of assistance, and thanks to the lead, @Davie Chase for his easy route of exit and guidance. Glad you checked out the LC70, also check out the Nissan Patrol Safari (2DR/3DR) & auto/manual version, it seems to be at the same price as the LC70

Edited by Gurcharan Mehta
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use