Morning Intermediate Desert Drive - Sweihan - Abu Dhabi - 27 Jan 2024

JeromeFJ

We request every member that joins this drive to go through the information below and strictly follow these guidelines, etiquette and responsibilities.

MUST READ AND COMPLY

DRIVE DETAILS

Level:  Intermediate and above
When: 27 January 2024, Saturday
Meeting time:  7:00 AM - Sharp
Meeting Point: https://maps.app.goo.gl/6Ggs62b9yGEzyZi26
Approximate finish time: 11:00 AM
Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.
What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, enthusiasm, and willingness to learn.

RECOMENDED OFF-ROAD GEAR:

• Tire deflator & Tire pressure gauge
  • Compressor (MANDATORY)
  • Walkie-talkie radio (MANDATORY)
  • Off-road flag (MANDATORY)
  • Shovel, Tow Rope & 2 Shackles
  • First-aid kit
  • Fire extinguisher

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• This drive is limited to 10 cars only. RSVP will close on Friday - 12 PM.
  • If the RSVP is full, you can add your name to the waitlist, once anyone drops, you will be moved to the RSVP list.
  • RSVP will close a day prior to preparing a convoy list.
  • Latecomers will be returned - Without any exceptions.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned - Without any exceptions.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE CALENDAR

Would love to @Zed I’m even going to be staying in Abu Dhabi this weekend, but I promised my wife a nice weekend with a music of the Hamilton type rather then roaring car engines 😂

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Ranjan Das said:

Hi Marshal @JeromeFJ, got an update on my Jeep that she's locked up at the workshop for the weekend - sad to drop off.

Sorry to miss you @Ranjan Das. See you soon hopefully

• Like (+1) 1

Dear Desert Drivers, 

Thank you for signing up to the drive on Saturday Morning. 

I have updated the meeting point. The intent is to avoid spending too much time in the crowded area close to the road, move East in the direction of the Old Lady Dune, and from there, if we have sufficient time and good conditions, cross to the Al Ain Airport area and exit South on the E22.

I will issue the convoy order tomorrow by the end of the afternoon. Let me know before that in case you changed your plans

• Like (+1) 3

11 hours ago, Mohit Gurnani said:

Hi @JeromeFJ just got new tires fitted, so I think I’ll skip this one safe side- hope it’s a good one!

Thank you @Mohit Gurnani. Yes indeed it is a reasonable decision to start with 1 or 2 drives at lower level until you get used to the new tires. I hope you will enjoy the improvement !

• Like (+1) 1

Hi Marshal @JeromeFJ  heads-up there will be around 150 cars in GPS coord 24.394510, 55.483620  at 7am tomorrow for a GPS Treasure Hunt briefing, after that those cars will randomly go around to pick up flags until 3pm...   Sweihan is still a big playground, but I think towards Al Ain airport will be less crowded :) 

55377ade-c764-4fb4-a869-20e76de3e2d6.jpg

Important Information

Terms of use