Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - GoTech is back - Al Qudra - Dubai - 25 Feb 2024

@Islam Soliman @Imteeaz thank you very much for the drive and all the help with my popout and that stuck which look liked some one dropped me from air. That was split second distraction I think I was looking at where the other car was going and kind of lost where I am going and hit the bottom of dune straight, i will say i was , I don't know, technical need much more focus. I tend to avoid it but I rsvp as you said in the description to get that fear out of getting stuck in tight situations. And from the many stucks you guys manged I really learned a lot.. thank you very much. Hope all had fun and  that gazelle finds home....

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Hi all and especially @Islam Soliman and @Imteeaz for a great learning experience, having such a technical drive as my 1st Fewbie drive was a real eye opener and confirmed my love for off roading and has motivated me to keep growing in the sport! Also @Julien Recan thanks for showing me the lines to take, you did great as a 2nd lead!

Cheers

Andrew

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

the drive will become history as twenty-popout'th February drive...

Has anyone figured out the road closure reason?

I saw how many of you guys tried to tackle out the way across the wet puddle when entering Qudra area - why not going across it? I did ... both ways. The 12-year old in me was very happy. The car wash guys were not pleased...

image.png.b2d86adc22b28fb36394212df4150270.png

Seemingly easy and wet sand turned out extremely deceiving! I was surprised by the number of technical passes and seeing from the back of the convoy how difficult it was for many folks to cross gave me a new levels of respect to qudra desert. 1h 25 minutes of driving + 2 hours 35 minutes doing recoveries and addressing popouts (3!), including my virgin one... I managed to scoop half a bucket of sand from it when working on the tire on my way back.

image.png.503788c26be284c3e37305345b415c81.png

@Abhilash Kottakkal, I think you won the tightest dune pass attempt with this drop ;-) hope your bumper is OK!

image.png.423243ad5e38ea7887a25f1533602c09.png

And these ballerina moves:

24-02-2510-25-328814.jpg.bca48f57bb57814f4b2dd387809b8819.jpg

And my first popout...

24-02-2509-59-088812.jpg.59d1e80133a2738fa2129a0ca6231338.jpg

Looking forward to some more drives out there during wet season!

Thank you @Islam Soliman for rapid recovery attempts and, boy - this car jack air bag was something else!

Edited by Marek_was003
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • WOW (+2) 1

4 hours ago, Marek_was003 said:

the drive will become history as twenty-popout'th February drive...

I saw how many of you guys tried to tackle out the way across the wet puddle when entering Qudra area - why not going across it? I did ... both ways. The 12-year old in me was very happy. The car wash guys were not pleased...

I did! after seeing you going through 🤣

#jeepwrangler #carwash #offroad
https://www.instagram.com/reel/C3xHPV-JX8n/?igsh=MTByamY5eDN3M2huNg==

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use