•  

Morning Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - G Force Max - 2nd Dec Cafe - Sharjah - 10 Mar 2024

My first F+ drive and I immediately realized how big of a difference it is: everybody on time; straight to business and ready to go; I was the only one getting refusals ;-) and there was only one weird popout but @Fabien Monleau fixed it even before we all looped back to help (amazing job). I understand where @Looper got his nickname! The loops were often brutal and very demanding, but fun nonetheless. It was intense like never before since I joined - often reaching rev-limit on second gear in my humble dune buster (approx 110km/h) going around the slope... that's a G force I did not expect!

Some of the loops:

image.png.02cd799b8270eeebf1b6fec6ff3cd78a.png

And some more:

image.png.432100c238615f41c3527cba713e4005.png

I guess the only way it's possible is because of the weather - you can go around and around over the same tracks without destroying the dune - that's how compacted it was...

Thank you all for the opportunity to drive with you gents!

Some stats:

image.png.12d60f54ea04959ae057a25d3461bb1a.png

And the "big picture" :

image.png.63d3f02598bda46a8fb3222975ddda63.png

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 3

19 minutes ago, Marek_was003 said:

My first F+ drive and I immediately realized how big of a difference it is: everybody on time; straight to business and ready to go; I was the only one getting refusals ;-) and there was only one weird popout but @Fabien Monleau fixed it even before we all looped back to help (amazing job). I understand where @Looper got his nickname! The loops were often brutal and very demanding, but fun nonetheless. It was intense like never before since I joined - often reaching rev-limit on second gear in my humble dune buster (approx 110km/h) going around the slope... that's a G force I did not expect!

Some of the loops:

image.png.02cd799b8270eeebf1b6fec6ff3cd78a.png

And some more:

image.png.432100c238615f41c3527cba713e4005.png

I guess the only way it's possible is because of the weather - you can go around and around over the same tracks without destroying the dune - that's how compacted it was...

Thank you all for the opportunity to drive with you gents!

Some stats:

image.png.12d60f54ea04959ae057a25d3461bb1a.png

And the "big picture" :

image.png.63d3f02598bda46a8fb3222975ddda63.png

Hi Marek, It's great to hear about your intense first F+ drive experience, It was very well briefed and appreciated.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Screenshot2024-03-11095056.png.d290926bff738e42b18a21a8135aedbd.png

Drive Report

When I was reaching to the starting point, I noticed the sun looked extra-large, behind the Al Faya mountains further there was no fog or clouds. Indeed, it was an exceptional drive we had, because of the favorable weather conditions and the track that was compact as a paved mud road we could do things that we will perhaps never be able to do.

My initial plan was to go to the left side from where we started and from there towards camel rock but when I saw the pristine tall dunes on the right, I was determined to make a dick move (you see 🫣 what I mean?) after that we came near the pink rock and climbed towards camel rock. That was not a track to climb up, that is for climbing down from the other side, but we could do it without any issues. I love that place for stopover and while we did only about 45 min drive by then I wanted to stop anyways for the views. The drive from Camel Rock towards Big red saw us navigating between play areas at 50-60 kmph and more if you believe others. At the play areas we climbed dunes that are unimaginable otherwise. we literally could climb Big Red standing still at its foothill. 

The terrain: The smaller tracks were all washed out and the dunes looked like tiramisu cake. The larger more churned up tracks however were quite bumpy and had to be navigated with caution.  We tried to avoid the cross tracks as much as possible and when we found tracks, we tried to drive along with them instead of crossing them.

The Loops: I like making loops of the same place again and again and we did plenty. Initially sometimes I had to stop to let the back of the convoy pass before I can move but gradually, I made them larger and larger. The best loop was made just before exit for our last hurrah when we were on a perfect loop with entire convoy driving on a large single-track segment and me driving behind Fabien for one round till, I came back to the place where I started to follow him and then I took a different track. There were large patches of radio silence whenever we were engrossed in the driving pleasure.

@Ranjan Das was at second lead behind me, not a usual place for him these days but he was superb. I was playing catch me if you can for most parts and glad to have you behind so that you could actually catch up with me, and also moderate the drive behind you when I was literally flying. @Fabien Monleau was as usual very supportive at the back. 

Thank you @Marek_was003 for your drive report. I did not realize it was your first FB+, we drove earlier so I was under the impression that you have done a few but you ended up with a FB++ drive, you did great though. It was first time driving with @Robk hope you enjoyed the drive. @Deepak Eswar, @Rk ram, @Zulfikhar Naiyar & @Mahmoud Taha there was complete radio silence from you for most parts that meant only one thing - you were engrossed in the drive. @Emanuel I saw your video few times already, a fantastic one and I see that the final cut version is also has been released by you. This video perfectly summarizes what we did that morning. Thanks a lot!

I see that you have not disabled the Kid-mode on the video please see following post on how to disable it.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 4

don't drive like its your last one.

Awesome drive @Looper, packed with adrenaline and great views. It was my first time up north of Badayer, I usually tend to stick to the south, some beautiful dunes up there. I look forward to driving with you again soon.

Have a good week everyone.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Thanks for the detailed drive report @Looper and for the feedback on my videos. Very much appreciated.

I have finished the video edits for the shorter version with music and animations. Enjoy and please smash the Like button and Subscribe. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGFMm4Jp0g_rL9ewwzUdnpQ

• Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

1 hour ago, Looper said:

Drive Report

When I was reaching to the starting point, I noticed the sun looked extra-large, behind the Al Faya mountains further there was no fog or clouds. Indeed, it was an exceptional drive we had, because of the favorable weather conditions and the track that was compact as a paved mud road we could things that we will perhaps never be able to do.

My initial plan was to go to the left side from where we started and from there towards camel rock but when I saw the pristine tall dunes on the right, I was determined to make a dick move (you see 🫣 what I mean?) after that we came near the pink rock and climbed towards camel rock. That was not a track to climb up, that is for climbing down from the other side, but we could do it without any issues. I love that place for stopover and while we did only about 45 min drive by then I wanted to stop anyways for the views. The drive from Camel Rock towards Big red saw us navigating between play areas at 50-60 kmph and more if you believe others. At the play areas we climbed dunes that are unimaginable otherwise. we literally could climb Big Red standing still at its foothill. 

The terrain: The smaller tracks were all washed out and the dunes looked like tiramisu cake. The larger more churned up tracks however were quite bumpy and had to be navigated with caution.  We tried to avoid the cross tracks as much as possible and when we found tracks, we tried to drive along with them instead of crossing them.

The Loops: I like making loops of the same place again and again and we did plenty. Initially sometimes I had to stop to let the back of the convoy pass before I can move but gradually, I made them larger and larger. The best loop was made just before exit for our last hurrah when we were on a perfect loop with entire convoy driving on a large single-track segment and me driving behind Fabien for one round till, I came back to the place where I started to follow him when I took a different track. There were large patches of radio silence whenever we were 

@Ranjan Das was at second lead behind me, not a usual place for him these days but he was superb. I was playing catch me if you can for most parts and glad to have you behind so that you could actually catch up with me, and also moderate the drive behind you when I was literally flying. @Fabien Monleau was as usual very supportive at the back. 

Thank you @Marek_was003 for your drive report. I did not realize it was your first FB+, we drove earlier so I was under the impression that you have done a few but you ended up with a FB++ drive, you did great though. It was first time driving with @Robk hope you enjoyed the drive. @Deepak Eswar, @Rk ram, @Zulfikhar Naiyar & @Mahmoud Taha there was complete radio silence from you for most parts that meant only one thing - you were engrossed in the drive. @Emanuel I saw your video few times already, a fantastic one and I see that the final cut version is also has been released by you. This video perfectly summarizes what we did that morning. Thanks a lot!

I see that you have not disabled the Kid-mode on the video please see following post on how to disable it.

Thanks @Looper. I will change these settings. Do you know if this will change the current embedded link?

After reading the article, it makes sense now to change this setting to not show it to kids.

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Looper said:

Drive Report

When I was reaching to the starting point, I noticed the sun looked extra-large, behind the Al Faya mountains further there was no fog or clouds. Indeed, it was an exceptional drive we had, because of the favorable weather conditions and the track that was compact as a paved mud road we could do things that we will perhaps never be able to do.

The Loops: I like making loops of the same place again and again and we did plenty. Initially sometimes I had to stop to let the back of the convoy pass before I can move but gradually, I made them larger and larger. The best loop was made just before exit for our last hurrah when we were on a perfect loop with entire convoy driving on a large single-track segment and me driving behind Fabien for one round till, I came back to the place where I started to follow him and then I took a different track. There were large patches of radio silence whenever we were engrossed in the driving pleasure.

Hi Goutham, Indeed, it was an amazing drive, never experienced before, with perfect weather and challenging terrains conquered. Big thanks to @Looper for the lead, and @Ranjan Das  and @Fabien Monleau for the support, and a special thanks to @Emanuel for capturing the exciting moments on video. Thank you for all other friends, for their company and support!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

On 3/11/2024 at 11:53 AM, Emanuel said:

Thanks @Looper. I will change these settings. Do you know if this will change the current embedded link?

After reading the article, it makes sense now to change this setting to not show it to kids.

Hi @Looper, it is confirmed my embedded links are not affected by changing the setting not to show to kids.

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use