•  

COVID19 Compliant - Morning Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Big Red to Pink Rock - Sharjah - 16 Oct 2020

Tbone

1 hour ago, Tbone said:

Actually Fred, only last week @Gaurav and @Ale Vallecchi were reminding me of the importance of driving with minimal usage of GPS assistance 😂. I didn't expect that scenario to playout on my very next drive which also happened to be my first drive as a lead. 

Infact the more you practice without heavily relying on GPS your dune reading ability will increase in multiple folds. You should use GPS only for way points. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

All said and done, total respect to @Tbone for handling the situation in a calm manner and not loosing it. It's tough on your first drive buddy, but proud of you to have made it through with poise. It's always a good idea to start your first few leads in familiar areas. That way you can plan and enjoy newer or more challenging terrain without hitting the panic button if something goes wrong. Well done @Tbone

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

4 hours ago, Tbone said:

I had to rely on the visual markers like the Big Red, Pink Rock and finally the Sun to know my heading. I learnt the lesson (which the seniors in carnity always insist) to rely less on the GPS and more on visual markers and instincts. 

Bravo @Tbone. Well done!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use