COVID19 Compliant - Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Big Red to Pink Rock - Sharjah - 19 Feb 2021

Chaitanya D

5 hours ago, Pacific said:

Thank you Chaitanya,  Gavin,  Vinod and team for fantastic drive...loved the concept of gradual conquering the pink rock.learnt lot. Kudos.

You did really nice driving @Pacific. Well done 

• Like (+1) 3

11 hours ago, Chaitanya D said:

Thank you Chaitanya for encouraging. 

1 minute ago, Pacific said:

11 hours ago, Chaitanya D said:

Do we have some basic post desert drive care for vehicle need to be done.

• Like (+1) 3

6 hours ago, Pacific said:
17 hours ago, Chaitanya D said:

Do we have some basic post desert drive care for vehicle need to be done.

Yes basic self maintenance which will save you lot of hassle 

- open air filter when cool, and remove all sand or dust in the filter  you can use a home based vaccum cleaner blower

- check coolants in reservoir and the radiator when engine is cold( early morning better)

- check engine oils , brake fluids and steering oils - may be once a month 

- bend over and glance the underbody to look for any obvious leaks, leaks from differential 

- visual inspections of tyres for cracks 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

3 hours ago, Rahimdad said:

@Pacific try this post.

Thank you, 🤗

3 hours ago, Chaitanya D said:

Yes basic self maintenance which will save you lot of hassle 

- open air filter when cool, and remove all sand or dust in the filter  you can use a home based vaccum cleaner blower

- check coolants in reservoir and the radiator when engine is cold( early morning better)

- check engine oils , brake fluids and steering oils - may be once a month 

- bend over and glance the underbody to look for any obvious leaks, leaks from differential 

- visual inspections of tyres for cracks 

Well noted Chaitanya 👍

• Like (+1) 3

Thank you @Chaitanya D @Abdul Rahman Abdul Kader @Tbone @Gavin Hill for this amazing drive with all your support.

Love the route choose by @Chaitanya D with bowl an terrain to make us learn with fun and feel the beauty of sand.

Also thanks to entire convoy team member's for their patience and support during refusals & stuck.

Regards...      

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Trip Report:

It was fantastic to see you all abide by the COVID precautions - Kudos to you all and a big thank you. If we don't follow it repeatedly untill this uncertainty is over we risk cancelling drives which we all don't want. Well done all of you.

Some Learning Points:  we all have made these mistakes and you will only get better every time you are stuck

- Keep pace with the convoy, have a close watch on the car in front and try to repeat the same maneuver

- In this area where we have some bowls as we drive through, getting in and out of bowls is all but simple physics. You use the momentum gained getting in to throttle up your car and drive through. If you lose momentum in the bottom of the bowl then it is a hard way out.

- Make sure your caps for radiators and oil gauges are closed properly.

- Momentum is the key in soft sand, as long as you are moving it is fine. If you are not moving then more gas means you are digging yourself more.

@Abdul Rahman Abdul Kader played the role of 2nd lead to perfection, thank you my dear

@Navkriti was driving for 2nd time . Well driven in most of the areas , except when you were in a spot where the sand was soft. But you did well to follow the instructions while recovering you. It only gets better as you drive more.

@Rajendran D drove his pajero well, hardly any issues - well done.

@Natarajan driving a pajero following Rajendran was fantastic , safe in all the areas including the tricky ones.

@Soumya Saklani well done on some nice self recoveries , and getting out of bowls. I hope now you get a feel of how to get in and out of bowls, which will improve definitely.

@Antony Calvin managed his Prado well, did some nice self recovery. You have a gat car which will handle any terrain thrown at it.

@Tbone thank you so much for your support and managing the center forward position well, very crucial on any drive. Welcome back!!

@Pacific managed his wrangler well, no issues at all or hardly any. 

@Danish Mohammad I hope your request to drive with Abdul R was smooth as I really appreciate your understanding on the one drive RSVP till Wednesday. Well driven and I hope you enjoy your new found desert drive - SWB Pajero.

@Chris Meir did really well being at the back on churned tracks. Perfect control on the hill climbs , sideys and the climb up to pink rock. Well done !

@Gavin Hill driving a mighty Hummer managed really well , sweeping all of us to perfection. Fantastic control and always acknowledging which was great.

Thank you all for your patience while we were managing some tricky recoveries, which is all part of team sport and learning on drives with Carnity. Any of you who have completed the required number of drives , and have the necessary gear for the next level can apply for their promotion online. Drives in next levels become more engaging and interesting with a lot of thrill spiced up with some fantastic leads.

Off road Club Grading Structure V.2.0 - Discussions - Carnity.com

Cheers - Stay safe! 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

@Chaitanya D, Thank you for the beautiful drive, loved the terrain you choose. Thank you for trusting me with the 2nd lead position, I was not sure if I would coupe up with your pace but fortunately you didn't get the opportunity to drive the way you do 😜

Thank you @Tbone and @Gavin Hill for the support in this drive and making it easier at font to lead. everyone in the convoy did excellent and kept the enthusiasm through out the drive inspite of the few stucks where everyone waited very patiently.

See you all again in the sand InshaAllah...!

Edited by Abdul Rahman Abdul Kader
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

19 hours ago, Chaitanya D said:

Trip Report:

It was fantastic to see you all abide by the COVID precautions - Kudos to you all and a big thank you. If we don't follow it repeatedly untill this uncertainty is over we risk cancelling drives which we all don't want. Well done all of you.

Some Learning Points:  we all have made these mistakes and you will only get better every time you are stuck

- Keep pace with the convoy, have a close watch on the car in front and try to repeat the same maneuver

- In this area where we have some bowls as we drive through, getting in and out of bowls is all but simple physics. You use the momentum gained getting in to throttle up your car and drive through. If you lose momentum in the bottom of the bowl then it is a hard way out.

- Make sure your caps for radiators and oil gauges are closed properly.

- Momentum is the key in soft sand, as long as you are moving it is fine. If you are not moving then more gas means you are digging yourself more.

@Abdul Rahman Abdul Kader played the role of 2nd lead to perfection, thank you my dear

@Navkriti was driving for 2nd time . Well driven in most of the areas , except when you were in a spot where the sand was soft. But you did well to follow the instructions while recovering you. It only gets better as you drive more.

@Rajendran D drove his pajero well, hardly any issues - well done.

@Natarajan driving a pajero following Rajendran was fantastic , safe in all the areas including the tricky ones.

@Soumya Saklani well done on some nice self recoveries , and getting out of bowls. I hope now you get a feel of how to get in and out of bowls, which will improve definitely.

@Antony Calvin managed his Prado well, did some nice self recovery. You have a gat car which will handle any terrain thrown at it.

@Tbone thank you so much for your support and managing the center forward position well, very crucial on any drive. Welcome back!!

@Pacific managed his wrangler well, no issues at all or hardly any. 

@Danish Mohammad I hope your request to drive with Abdul R was smooth as I really appreciate your understanding on the one drive RSVP till Wednesday. Well driven and I hope you enjoy your new found desert drive - SWB Pajero.

@Chris Meir did really well being at the back on churned tracks. Perfect control on the hill climbs , sideys and the climb up to pink rock. Well done !

@Gavin Hill driving a mighty Hummer managed really well , sweeping all of us to perfection. Fantastic control and always acknowledging which was great.

Thank you all for your patience while we were managing some tricky recoveries, which is all part of team sport and learning on drives with Carnity. Any of you who have completed the required number of drives , and have the necessary gear for the next level can apply for their promotion online. Drives in next levels become more engaging and interesting with a lot of thrill spiced up with some fantastic leads.

Off road Club Grading Structure V.2.0 - Discussions - Carnity.com

Cheers - Stay safe! 

Thank you @Chaitanya D a fantastic scenic drive with lots of learning too! You were very encouraging and patient at the same time. Thanks to @Gavin Hill and @Tbone too and looking forward to the next drive. 

• Like (+1) 3

Important Information

Terms of use