•  
Advertise here

Leaving Carnity Off-road Club

On 3/8/2021 at 11:33 AM, Thomas Varghese said:

@Islam Soliman you correctly echoed my sentiments. I don't want to leave but feel I don't belong there. I have joined in @Carnity to get some relief from the stress of running a business when everything is falling apart. 8 years of hard work going down the drain. I know how I built this business with having only 200 AED in my pocket when I left my last job. This was the place where I could find some solace. Now I feel alienated. I even gave up boozing on Thursday evenings so that I can drive with you all on Fridays. Driving with you all and capturing those moments in my camera became my passion.

@Thomas Varghese you were one of the inspiration for me to take off road drives. its sad to see you are stressed for what ever reason. Just take a short break, chill for some time, forget the past and come back strong considering the fun of driving on the sand. Hope to see you back soon to be part of fun drive!!!

On 3/8/2021 at 5:11 PM, Thomas Varghese said:

Thanks to everybody who supported me in my difficult times. Never knew I will be making friends at this age. Once upon a time when I was a teenager I had lot of friends. When the daily routine changed to working, running business, looking after family the friendship circle started to becoming smaller and smaller and finally it reached zero. I'm so happy that I have friends who I can call as friends. I could see the people who come for off roading come there as they take it as a hobby and want to spend some time away from the bustling world and want to be themselves. 

See you all soon in the sands. 

Sad note - I got a fine of 700 AED on 26th Feb at 1.07 pm at Al Dhaid. For sure I must have been speeding to reach the drive.😔

Good decision.

• Like (+1) 1

@Thomas Varghese Thank you so much for your correct decision..... this makes all of us happy.

Trust me ... being a family member of CARNITY it always feel that we are in safe hands.

Wish to c u soon...     

• Like (+1) 1

If @Gaurav had mentioned that the promotions are based on marshals feedback in the promotions applications page then this confusion about leaving the club would not have occurred with me. It only states you have to complete these many drives for your next level of promotion. 

Edited by Thomas Varghese
  • Confused (0) 1

@Thomas Varghese I am surprised with your comment. Its clearly mentioned that Marshal feedback is required. Screen shot of Marshal / Trip Lead feedback is provided below incase you have missed it. 

image.png.985202fea6012be5a0cd5e1dbb25eb4a.png

Also at the bottom of each offroad rank, its clearly mentioned that it will take 3-7 days for trip lead feedback. I really dont know what more clarity is needed. 

image.png.0f68fd2b7afba9bccafa20578172f9c1.png

Source : 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3

To be frank I didn't read it. Maybe too excited to apply for the promotion or as getting old didn't see it. 

• Like (+1) 2

Every one here is young and as a matter of fact if I come across some one who claims being old I immediately tell him you should pay the desert a visit on the Carnity way 😍

• Like (+1) 6

2 hours ago, Jeepie said:

Thomas, please stop saying you are old; it makes me feel ancient.

@Jeepie you only feel you are ancient. I feel I'm an ancient fossil.