•  
Advertise here

Leaving Carnity Off-road Club

3 hours ago, Thomas Varghese said:

@Foxtrot Oscar I would like to waitlist and join the drive if anybody drops out and I get my tow hook issue sorted out by tomorrow.

kindly excuse me from the waitlist. My blood pressure is playing havoc and I think I need to give a break to off roading

• Sad (0) 4
  • WOW (+2) 1

52 minutes ago, Thomas Varghese said:

kindly excuse me from the waitlist. My blood pressure is playing havoc and I think I need to give a break to off roading

Oh no, I do hope you get it under control soon . Take care of  yourself @Thomas Varghese

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

27 minutes ago, Foxtrot Oscar said:

Oh no, I do hope you get it under control soon . Take care of  yourself @Thomas Varghese

It was not only the BP. I was getting too much addicted to this sport. I had to take a break and I feel I have to take a break even from the club. Most probably I would leave. It was a pleasure driving with you @Foxtrot Oscar and will miss your drives. 

• Confused (0) 1
  • Sad (0) 7

1 hour ago, Thomas Varghese said:

It was not only the BP. I was getting too much addicted to this sport. I had to take a break and I feel I have to take a break even from the club. Most probably I would leave. It was a pleasure driving with you @Foxtrot Oscar and will miss your drives. 

I don't want to miss your drives angela @Foxtrot Oscar. There is nothing much wrong about me. I was fed up at getting my promotion declined all the time after so many drives and signed up with another club to continue. I felt I don't belong in this club anymore. I joined your friday afternoon fewbie drive as your drives are always pure excitement and I love them. Anyways my subscription is still active. You are so dangerously addictive. Tow points will be fixed day after tomorrow and will present myself with new tow points and a new transmission cooler if possible. Even my car gets excited in your drives and his temperature rises up.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Confused (0) 1
  • Sad (0) 1

4 minutes ago, Islam Soliman said:

Dear @Thomas Varghese, it’s sad to see you quitting Carnity for this reason.. I always enjoyed driving with you.

I am not here to justify any decision (have no clue what this is about) but my reflection is more touching what I feel of disappointment and stress caused by this delay in the promotion.

Talking about my own experience, and I am sure many other fellow off-roaders will relate and echo, I started offroading in an attempt to steam out the continuous stress we live in due to work pressure and always chasing achieving “a thing” at work. The minute a hobby becomes a source of stress it loses all fun and lose passion.. I know, it is because of this strong passion we got hooked and want to be always on the sand and join as many drives as we can and continue advancing in the ranks.. but if we lose the balance it becomes in itself a source of stress and we are pushing it to be another job!.. 

These words are a reminder to myself not to spoil the fun and passion I have for this hobby without ruining it with pressure and stress so I continue enjoy it for as much as possible, meet new people and make friends (without benefits)..

Hope to c u again on the sand and wish you all the best 

@Islam Soliman you correctly echoed my sentiments. I don't want to leave but feel I don't belong there. I have joined in @Carnity to get some relief from the stress of running a business when everything is falling apart. 8 years of hard work going down the drain. I know how I built this business with having only 200 AED in my pocket when I left my last job. This was the place where I could find some solace. Now I feel alienated. I even gave up boozing on Thursday evenings so that I can drive with you all on Fridays. Driving with you all and capturing those moments in my camera became my passion.

• Like (+1) 6