•  

COVID19 Compliant - Afternoon Fewbie PLUS Desert Drive - No Man's Land: to Ganthoot and back - Dubai - 20 Apr 2021

Ale Vallecchi

1 hour ago, Arda Yagcioglu said:

Hi @Ale Vallecchi could you please advise me in the waitlist, I could not figure out the calendar earlier, now it's full I guess.

same condition here. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Thomas Varghese said:

same condition here. 

RSVP Limitation

Every drive we organize has a limited RSVP signup. 

Absolute Newbie and Newbie Level Drives: 12 members, 1 drive lead, and supported by 1-2 senior members.

Fewbie, Fewbie Plus, and Intermediate Drives: 10 members, 1 drive lead, and supported by 1-2 senior members.

RSVP etiquette and closing times

• Signing up for a drive means you take up a spot on the list, so if you cannot make it, please withdraw your RSVP in time (+ 24 hours prior to the drive), so others can take up your spot.
  • The RSVP usually closes a day in advance of the drive, so the drive lead can prepare the convoy list. 
  • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join this drive, please mention your name on the drive thread with the request to be added to the waiting list. 
  • Members who have not RSVP'd for the event will not be accepted.
  • Latecomers will not be accepted. 
  • Repeated no-show members will have their account suspended for a month.
  • Within the waitlist, preference will always be given to members who are wait listing for their first drive of the weekend. Only when this list is exhausted, we can add members that waitlisted for their second drive.

Dear @Ale Vallecchi as per new guide lines published by @Frederic a fewbie plus drive can have 10 members, 1 drive lead, and supported by 1-2 senior members but this drive has only 8 members and RSVP limit is reached. Does this mean,  me and @Ali Abas who are waitlisted 1 & 2 will also be included or we have have to wait until someone drops out? 
  • Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Thomas Varghese said:

RSVP Limitation

Every drive we organize has a limited RSVP signup. 

Absolute Newbie and Newbie Level Drives: 12 members, 1 drive lead, and supported by 1-2 senior members.

Fewbie, Fewbie Plus, and Intermediate Drives: 10 members, 1 drive lead, and supported by 1-2 senior members.

RSVP etiquette and closing times

• Signing up for a drive means you take up a spot on the list, so if you cannot make it, please withdraw your RSVP in time (+ 24 hours prior to the drive), so others can take up your spot.
  • The RSVP usually closes a day in advance of the drive, so the drive lead can prepare the convoy list. 
  • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join this drive, please mention your name on the drive thread with the request to be added to the waiting list. 
  • Members who have not RSVP'd for the event will not be accepted.
  • Latecomers will not be accepted. 
  • Repeated no-show members will have their account suspended for a month.
  • Within the waitlist, preference will always be given to members who are wait listing for their first drive of the weekend. Only when this list is exhausted, we can add members that waitlisted for their second drive.

Dear @Ale Vallecchi as per new guide lines published by @Frederic a fewbie plus drive can have 10 members, 1 drive lead, and supported by 1-2 senior members but this drive has only 8 members and RSVP limit is reached. Does this mean,  me and @Ali Abas who are waitlisted 1 & 2 will also be included or we have have to wait until someone drops out? 

@Thomas Varghese this is the common RSVP guidelines. I have added the following line to it now:

Different RSVP levels can be used for specific drives as per the trip lead preference, area, timing, day or night drive, etc..

In other words, it is up to the drive lead to select his limited RSVP level. Especially during week drives with less support you will find the trip lead will reduce the RSVP.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

25 minutes ago, Frederic said:

@Thomas Varghese this is the common RSVP guidelines. I have added the following line to it now:

Different RSVP levels can be used for specific drives as per the trip lead preference, area, timing, day or night drive, etc..

In other words, it is up to the drive lead to select his limited RSVP level. Especially during week drives with less support you will find the trip lead will reduce the RSVP.

Thank you @Frederic for your clarification and adding the additional line to your guidelines. This clears all doubt. 

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Frederic said:

Hi @Thomas Varghese. I had set the limit willingly to 8 (which means a 10 car convoy) due to the nature of the sand in the area where we are going. We had recced it with 2 other Marshals 2 weeks ago, and found it with lots of deep pockets and very soft sand patches, so I prefer to keep the convoy shorter. For the moment, it will remain as designed. Sorry for not being able to accommodate your kind request, for the time being. Thanks a lot for your understanding.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

Hi @Thomas Varghese. I had set the limit willingly to 8 (which means a 10 car convoy) due to the nature of the sand in the area where we are going. We had recced it with 2 other Marshals 2 weeks ago, and found it with lots of deep pockets and very soft sand patches, so I prefer to keep the convoy shorter. For the moment, it will remain as designed. Sorry for not being able to accommodate your kind request, for the time being. Thanks a lot for your understanding.

Totally understood @Ale Vallecchi. I got confused with the new guidelines posted by @Frederic. Once he has added that single line there is no confusion as of now. Please stick to the number of cars you feel comfortable with. After all we are here to have fun and learn from the Lead Marshals. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

@Thomas Varghese and @Ali Abas, thanks to the outstanding support the convoy is getting by very experienced seniors, and with a couple of changes to the routing in mind, the convoy will be increased to 10 members. Both of you are in this drive. Please confirm if OK with each of you.

@Arda Yagciogluyou are now #1 in the WL.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

2 minutes ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

@Thomas Varghese and @Ali Abas, thanks to the outstanding support the convoy is getting by very experienced seniors, and with a couple of changes to the routing in mind, the convoy will be increased to 10 members. Both of you are in this drive. Please confirm if OK with each of you.

I confirm @Ale Vallecchi. Thanks for considering me and adding.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

Thank you very much @Ale Vallecchi

See you on Tuesday 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use