•  

COVID19 Compliant - Night Newbie Desert Drive - Lisaili - Dubai - 3 Jun 2021

Chaitanya D

@Chaitanya D doc another one of your fantastic drives and like always appreciate the tips and guidance.

@Lakshmi Narasimhan, @Nivin fantastic team.

everyone in the drive did really well. Looking forward to drive with you all soon.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Trip report 

Well we had signups who were pretty experienced even though it was a newbie drive and the challenges were hence managed with minimal issues. Quite impressive how you all managed the first technical bit in 10 to 20 min landing us in some nice long range dunes in quick time. Why I say this ? If you have time read the thread on the other IM drive on friday night

, we spent close to 2 hrs in this initial bit managing the technical dunes. That's why I love this challenge of bringing different levels of drivers thinking we can ease through but it always turns otherwise - sand and dunes of Lisaili are a great leveller. You ease through with apparently less experienced members while you have a eventful drive with more experienced members with multiple stucks and refusals. Vow!

@Lakshmi Narasimhan was absolutely perfect, impressive stuff. Very precise in keeping the perfect distance and correctly adjusting my minor mistakes. Well done and thank you. Love that wonderfully prepped Pajero of yours. 

@Gregory even though a NB in his rank was very well up to the challenges without any issues. I suppose you are there at FB now and please go ahead and apply for your promotion.  We will review and get you to the next level, have fun.

@Fabien Monleau managed his classic LC well , few refusals and probably a tug. All done quickly, and it was nice to see you quickly correct your approach on the small slip side straight climb we did. Well done.

@N@ved thank you for managing he center forward well with clear instructions and perfect tugs where needed. I am so happy you are getting along that cute little TJ to pull monsters just like the story of a little tug boat guiding a huge container  ship. Well done👍.

@TT_Dubai no bumpers broken and a saved marriage🤣🤣. Frankly you did not because you drove beautifully with correct approaches and good control. Push that 5.7 V8 the same way and you will be having more fun. 

@Wade Pat2 goes well with the philosophy of a stock car can do as good as any modified car even though older. Some minor adjustments and you can go wherever all go which was seen . Thanks for some nice videos .

@Ranjan Das managed his SWB wrangler well driving in the dark. It's time you bring the next level of your experience onto drives . Just enjoy your drives as you did with hardly any issues even though it was a NB drive.

@Nivin s reassuring presence gave me the confidence to push the whole experienced bunch further with the challenge of driving in the dark. Thank you my friend.

Please refrain from becoming complacent with a near flawless night drive we had on this day. Probably I did that and the very next day I was bought down with having an eventful drive, but all handled with correct measures. Desert is a great leveller , and build on the experience you gained on this drive. Have a nice week at work, see you all some time soon.

Cheers 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 2

40 minutes ago, Chaitanya D said:

Trip report 

Well we had signups who were pretty experienced even though it was a newbie drive and the challenges were hence managed with minimal issues. Quite impressive how you all managed the first technical bit in 10 to 20 min landing us in some nice long range dunes in quick time. Why I say this ? If you have time read the thread on the other IM drive on friday night , we spent close to 2 hrs in this initial bit managing the technical dunes. That's why i love this challenge of bringing different levels of drivers thinking we can ease through but it always turns otherwise - sand and dunes of Lisaili are a great leveller. You ease through with apparently less experienced members while you have a eventful drive with more experienced members with multiple stucks and refusals. Vow!

@Lakshmi Narasimhan was absolutely perfect, impressive stuff. Very precise in keeping the perfect distance and correctly adjusting my minor mistakes. Well done and thank you. Love that wonderfully prepped Pajero of yours. 

@Gregory even though a NB in his rank was very well up to the challenges without any issues. I suppose you are there at FB now and please go ahead and apply for your promotion.  We will review and get you to the next level, have fun.

@Fabien Monleau managed his classic LC well , few refusals and probably a tug. All done quickly, and it was nice to see you quickly correct your approach on the small slip side straight climb we did. Well done.

@N@ved thank you for managing he center forward well with clear instructions and perfect tugs where needed. I am so happy you are getting along that cute little TJ to pull monsters just like the story of a little tug boat guiding a huge container  ship. Well done👍.

@TT_Dubai no bumpers broken and a saved marriage🤣🤣. Frankly you did not because you drove beautifully with correct approaches and good control. Push that 5.7 V8 the same way and you will be having more fun. 

@Wade Pat2 goes well with the philosophy of a stock car can do as good as any modified car even though older. Some minor adjustments and you can go wherever all go which was seen . Thanks for some nice videos .

@Ranjan Das managed his SWB wrangler well driving in the dark. It's time you bring the next level of your experience onto drives . Just enjoy your drives as you did with hardly any issues even though it was a NB drive.

@Nivin s reassuring presence gave me the confidence to push the whole experienced bunch further with the challenge of driving in the dark. Thank you my friend.

Please refrain from becoming complacent with a near flawless night drive we had on this day. Probably I did that and the very next day I was bought down with having and eventful drive, but all handled with correct measures. Desert is a great leveller , and build on the experience you gained on this drive. Have a nice week at work, see you all some time soon.

Cheers 

Just followed your path and instructions, nothing else!!!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

@Chaitanya D thanks for the great drive. Your night drives are great and I am learning alot. I enjoyed the short time in small tech dunes.  I don't have the best car for the small places but would love to try them for a little longer in a morning or afternoon drive one day.

Hoping to try my first fewbie drive this week before leaving Dubai for the summer. Thanks again for leading and teaching. 

• Like (+1) 4

19 minutes ago, Wade Pat2 said:

I don't have the best car for the small places but would love to try them for a little longer in a morning or afternoon drive one day.

Hi @Wade Pat2. You have a time tested great car ,no doubt. Yes for smaller tighter technical places you need some minor adjustments in terms of approach and departures , considering the longer wheel base which you will master with practice sooner than later. We have some friends with extra LWB monster trucks like RAM, F150/Raptors and Tundra doing the technical dunes and they in fact drive much better than the SWB cars. 

• Like (+1) 4

9 hours ago, Chaitanya D said:

Trip report 

Well we had signups who were pretty experienced even though it was a newbie drive and the challenges were hence managed with minimal issues. Quite impressive how you all managed the first technical bit in 10 to 20 min landing us in some nice long range dunes in quick time. Why I say this ? If you have time read the thread on the other IM drive on friday night

, we spent close to 2 hrs in this initial bit managing the technical dunes. That's why I love this challenge of bringing different levels of drivers thinking we can ease through but it always turns otherwise - sand and dunes of Lisaili are a great leveller. You ease through with apparently less experienced members while you have a eventful drive with more experienced members with multiple stucks and refusals. Vow!

Please refrain from becoming complacent with a near flawless night drive we had on this day. Probably I did that and the very next day I was bought down with having an eventful drive, but all handled with correct measures. Desert is a great leveller , and build on the experience you gained on this drive. Have a nice week at work, see you all some time soon.

Cheers 

Thank you Doctor @Chaitanya D for the wonderful drive to close the gruelling week and to start the weekend. Looking forward to more..

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use