•  

COVID19 Compliant - Evening/Night Intermediate Desert Drive - Solar Park-Lisali Express - Dubai - 13 Aug 2021

Kailas

General Info

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and and strictly follow these guidelines in order not to jeopardize someone's health, and to ensure we can keep organizing these drives safely.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: 

Drive Details

Level:  Intermediate and Above 

When:  13 August 2021, Friday.

Meeting time: 6:00 PM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: https://goo.gl/maps/5Zt5eDzHnsgnf16G7

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 10:00PM

THIS IS A COMPRESSOR ONLY DRIVE. WE WILL STARTING AND ENDING THE DRIVE AT THE SAME POINT, WHICH IS NOT CLOSE TO AN AIR LINE. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A COMPRESSOR, PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS DRIVE. IF YOU ARRIVE AND HAVE NO COMPRESSOR YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO JOIN THE DRIVE. 

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 10 drivers. RSVP will close on Thursday - 5 PM.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list. 
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE BELOW CALENDAR

• Well Done (+2) 1

• Kailas changed the title to COVID19 Compliant - Evening/Night Intermediate Desert Drive - Solar Park-Lisali Express - Dubai - 13 Aug 2021
Just now, Kailas said:

Dear @Watteau

Yes, as long as we have 3 RSVP, the drive is still on. 

Tomorrow we have got a very short convoy, which is great.

Plus you have got a winch😃 

Perfect, lets do it!!, just got the winch line replaced after a minor mishap, I got one of the bubba rope lines that terminates directly into a soft shackle, rather than a hook or block, any excuse to try it out, see you tomorrow evening.

Here's is the convoy list for tomorrow.

1. Kailas-L

2. @Joe Biju Joseph-SL

3. @Danish Mohammad

4. @Watteau-SW

We will be on channel 1. As we have a short convoy, if any change in plan is there please inform ASAP.

See you all tomorrow at 6 pm .

Cheers!

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Watteau said:

Perfect, lets do it!!, just got the winch line replaced after a minor mishap, I got one of the bubba rope lines that terminates directly into a soft shackle, rather than a hook or block, any excuse to try it out, see you tomorrow evening.

I'd love to know where you got a soft shackle for a winch. My tow hook bolt snapped off, and to be on the safe side, soft shackle seems better. Any suggestions ? 

17 minutes ago, Joe Biju Joseph said:

I'd love to know where you got a soft shackle for a winch. My tow hook bolt snapped off, and to be on the safe side, soft shackle seems better. Any suggestions ? 

Hi, Just to caveat I'm not advising you to make any modifications to your winch line, my new winch line terminates in a soft shackle, its part of the line, if you are left just with the loop on the end of the winch line and your hook has come off, and your winch manufacturer specifies a hook or block, then I wouldn't deviate from that, A high tension winch line is not something to self rig. Replacement pins and hooks are available or look at factor55, they make a selection of winch terminations to fit standard winch rope end loops. 

gator-jaw-pro-line-powersports-winch-line.jpg

57 minutes ago, GauravSoni said:

@Kailas I am just finishing up some work and hopeful that I can join this drive… can I confirm by 5?

@GauravSoni, yes you can join, its a short convoy

Dear @Kailas thank you so much for this nice drive and very supportive team.

Really appreciate team work of @Joe Biju Joseph  @Alex Raptor & @Gaurav Soni  Thank you so much for all your effort, support and help.

God bless ... Stay Safe ... See you in next drive.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use