•  

Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Al Qudra South - Dubai - 22 Jan 2022

Islam Soliman

Fellow Offraoders, time to wrap up the plan for tomorrow's adventure. The final convoy list is:

@Yasirimam @Jona @Gerrit Bus @Rasif ABDUL RAHIM @Azeem M @Shahzad Akbani @Desert Wrangler @Faiz Amir @Adam James @Beide Worku @Juan Carlos Prego Perez  @Eli Zandro Hamoy  @Emanuel @Joao in addition to my old friend @JeromeFJwho will be supporting the drive tomorrow.. thanks buddy.

Pre-drive details below:

1- Please be on time and bring all your passion for off-roading and pull as much as you can of yourself out of bed.. trust me you will need all of it.

2- Be at the meeting point by 7:00am (or before) and be ready to move max by 7:20am (deflated, flag erected, 4H on, radio on and set, airbags/traction/abs all set....) 

3- Please ensure your programable radio is on, fully charged and set to Channel 1 (446,006)

4- Briefing will be done on on the sand or radio depending on the wind 

5- We expect fast wind and unpredictable changing dunes so please be prepared for a demanding drive which you will require your undivided attention. Bringing passengers is ok provided they will not be a cause for distraction and don't have known motion sickness or fear of heights.

6- Please ensure everything in the car is tied down and no moving objects 

7- Please check all oils, tow hooks, and ensure no hanging parts below the chassis.

8- please ensure you come with a full tank (as much as possible) in addition to all necessary gear for this drive level specially your safety flag and radio (NO FLAG or RADIO = NO DRIVE)

9- Meeting Point:   https://maps.google.com?q=24.8053360,55.2655880&hl=en-AE&gl=ae&entry=gps&lucs=s2se,a1

10- Convoy order

image.png.e5b2109bf03c3f7d49bc3e9f06efc6f3.png

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

just fyi @Islam Soliman I will be the passenger with @Desert Wrangler who is going to drive tomorrow morning is also my bitter half. 

• Like (+1) 1

don't drive like its your last one.

28 minutes ago, Looper said:

just fyi @Islam Soliman I will be the passenger with @Desert Wrangler who is going to drive tomorrow morning is also my bitter half. 

Wow.. that is a nice surprise buddy.. great to have you onboard with your better half 😜

• Like (+1) 1

Thanks a lot everyone for a great and smooth drive. We had good time to exercise the basic skills with good opportunity for different recovery techniques from shoveling to rope recovery including an excellent self recovery by @Juan Carlos Prego Perez.

Overall and despite of the extra long convoy we managed to exceed 35KM in around 3hrs which is a great testimony of how well you all did as Newbies.

Thanks a lot @Emanuelfor an excellent 2nd lead and @Adam James for sweeping and ensuring we all moved in unity and no one left behind. 

Special thanks to  @JeromeFJ for outstanding support through the drive

Looking forward for having the opportunity to drive with all of you again.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Thank you @Islam Soliman for the drive yesterday.  You made a perfect combination of side sloping,  and dune crossing.  During the first part of the drive, everyone could practice quietly,  feel the reactions of its own car, test the grip of the sand, get the feeling of the car starting to fishtail...time to steer down !

Then, increasing the pace, we could get the thrill of riding the dunes !

The sand was relatively hard after the rain of the previous weeks, and the strong winds that had blown away the soft upper part. In a way, it made the drive easier, but also unforgiving when some of the heavy cars got stuck on the top of ridges. Shoveling was not enough when the car was blocked into the hard sand and we had to use the rope . All this is part of the learning. 

The convoy did very well, with a good discipline,  which was required for such a big group. It was a pleasure to drive with all of you.  See you soon on the sand!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use