•  

Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Faqa - Dubai - 12 Mar 2022

Frederic

General Info

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through the below information and strictly follow these guidelines in order not to jeopardize someone's health, and to ensure we can keep organizing these drives safely.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: 

Drive Details

Level:  Newbie and above

When:  12 March 2022, Saturday

Meeting time: 7:00 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: https://goo.gl/maps/qcfdDTcs6Xa9GM4bA

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 11:00 AM

P.S. Only join if you have a compressor to inflate your tires after the drive.

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE

• Limited to 12 cars only. RSVP will close on Thursday 2 pm.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list. 
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their accountsuspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE CALENDAR

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

• Frederic changed the title to Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Faqa - Dubai - 12 Mar 2022

@Thian and @Jad Moussalli i have added you both to the drive. Kindly confirm if you can make it tomorrow.

15 minutes ago, Jad Moussalli said:

Sorry since I was not confirmed I got other plans! Next week hopefully. Thanks Fred!

No worries, see you soon !

@Anoop Das as you are next in line i have added you to the drive. Kindly let me know if you can make it.

DRIVE RSVP IS NOW CLOSED

image.png.36155fe2f4cfbb7ac63e4a061f35d07e.png

We will be using Channel 1 for our radio comms tomorrow: 446.006 Mhz

Please be on time and bring all your offroad gears. NO FLAG OR RADIO = NO DRIVE.

See you all tomorrow !

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

What a wonderful drive we had today. There was minimal radio chatter, helping me meditate during the long spells of radio silence, simply loved it. Everyone drive so well that I forgot I was supposed to be supporting the drive and felt like driving a normal newbie drive. Hardly any refusals or stucks - great showing guys.

This drive is perhaps one of the last drives in winter schedule, mercury did scale new highs and it was quite warm by the time we ended. Get ready to be at the meeting point by 6. Alarms must go off at 4 instead of 5. 

@jeetu sharmaexcellent work as a second lead.

@Alfred Alinazar I am sure you had a wonderful drive at the tail end. So much more to do in the sweep, or rather nothing, choice is always yours. Last time I saw you, I was shadow supporting in my wife’s drive. Initially thought you are are fresh newbie, but looked up the profile and realised the number of drives you been to, I salute your simplicity in the drive preparation, not many have the patience as you do.

a big thanks to @Frederic for the drive.

@Azam V2.0 - you changed your name…. Lucky you, you had first hand experience of how unpredictable sand is, just a few meters to the right of us and you found yourself in on of the most nasty stucks just like that, for no reason at all.

@Zulfikhar Naiyar see you tomorrow. 

@Paolo Morresi, Jeep in UAE bring their worst bumpers here to UAE. While the car is most capable of all- the bumpers are designed to fail. I don’t know if it is deliberate. They have a nice low profile steel bumpers in US, which they sell with Rubicon as standard and optional on other trim levels, but for some reason they only bring the worst bumpers  for sand to UAE. I am on my fourth, bumper, so I have gone through the entire process. Even the Mopar steel bumpers fail. I was able to break the number plate bracket even on the metal bumper. My first recommendation for you is to buy some heavy duty zip ties and continue with this plastic bumper as long as possible. Then, when this bumper is a 100% write off for good, there are two options. 1. Somehow get the same bumper and cut the long number plate bit and relocate the number plate or 2. get an AOR metal bumper. Second option is definitely more elegant option, I would personally go for it. The recommended bumper upgrade for Jeep Sport & Sahara is to go for AOR for rear bumper & Mopar for front bumper if you want to install a winch. I did the reverse, I know, I did wrong.

Edited by Looper
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

don't drive like its your last one.

Thanks @Looper & @Frederic for the amazing drive. Fully agree on the temperature rising now. On so many occasions the glare made it so difficult to read the terrain but the group managed really well ( considering the really soft sand)

Thanks to all the members today and it was amazing during along with you and chatting to some of you.

• Like (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use