•  

Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Batayeh to Falaj Al Mualla - Sharjah - 27 Mar 2022

Frederic

General Info

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and and strictly follow these guidelines in order not to jeopardize someone's health, and to ensure we can keep organizing these drives safely.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: 

Drive Details

Level:  Newbie Above (All Levels)

When:  27 Mar 2022, Sunday 

Meeting time: 07:00 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point: https://goo.gl/maps/DP4SZnPuMuXohwyu8

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm, willingness to learn and your own compressor for tire inflation.

Approximate finish time: 11:00 AM

End Point: Falaj Al Mualla Town

Limited Spots Available:

• Limited to 12 cars only. RSVP will close on Friday - 11 AM.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list. 
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

PLEASE RSVP ON THE BELOW CALENDAR EVENT

• Like (+1) 3

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

2 hours ago, topgear said:

@Frederic Is this a scenic drive?

Yes, but has quite some technical dunes as well 

• Like (+1) 3

Goodmorning All ! And thanks for signing up for this drive !

@munkybizness@Thomas Varghese @Mahmoud Taha @Ignacio Quindos@Danish Mohammad@Enrico Biscaro@Amr Paple@Quresh Pajero@Murtaza Bhuria@takeshi sobue@Zubair@george charbel

For the ones who have joined us before on this type of drive, you probably know by now what to expect of it, but for the members who join us for the first time in this type of terrain, there are some differences to what you can expect from it.

1) This is not a dune-bashing drive, more a kind of exploration drive which covers a mix of dunes (some of them quite technical), and some farm-tracks as well.

2) This drives allows us more do some sightseeing of donkey's, camels, farms, and vegetation. In combination with the deep red sand this makes it perfect for taking shots with your camera.

3) We will be exiting in Falaj Al Mualla, a quiet town in Umm Al Quwain. Feel free to roam around after the drive and take some nice photos !

The overall aim is to have a great morning out in this terrain, and to focus on the scenic part of it, rather than to fly over the dunes. I hope you understand this makes it no less fun. 

Make sure to bring a flag, radio, and shovel. For every Newbie drives, that is needed and mandatory for being able to join.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask them on the forum here.

For the waitlisted members, as soon as existing RSVP members sign out, you will be automatically added to the RSVP list. So keep an eye on it throughout the course of the week.

A6012CBE-3EAD-43C7-9792-B913ACE82D57.jpeg.ba604a800d470f26172242b434da996d.jpeg

2542EDBB-7612-49B6-8825-224C13CF124C.jpeg.896ee8b1b07aac5afd557f67c81d4112.jpeg

• Like (+1) 8
  • Well Done (+2) 1

22 hours ago, Frederic said:

Goodmorning All ! And thanks for signing up for this drive !

@munkybizness@Thomas Varghese @Mahmoud Taha @Ignacio Quindos@Danish Mohammad@Enrico Biscaro@Amr Paple@Quresh Pajero@Murtaza Bhuria@takeshi sobue@Zubair@george charbel

For the ones who have joined us before on this type of drive, you probably know by now what to expect of it, but for the members who join us for the first time in this type of terrain, there are some differences to what you can expect from it.

1) This is not a dune-bashing drive, more a kind of exploration drive which covers a mix of dunes (some of them quite technical), and some farm-tracks as well.

2) This drives allows us more do some sightseeing of donkey's, camels, farms, and vegetation. In combination with the deep red sand this makes it perfect for taking shots with your camera.

3) We will be exiting in Falaj Al Mualla, a quiet town in Umm Al Quwain. Feel free to roam around after the drive and take some nice photos !

The overall aim is to have a great morning out in this terrain, and to focus on the scenic part of it, rather than to fly over the dunes. I hope you understand this makes it no less fun. 

Make sure to bring a flag, radio, and shovel. For every Newbie drives, that is needed and mandatory for being able to join.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask them on the forum here.

For the waitlisted members, as soon as existing RSVP members sign out, you will be automatically added to the RSVP list. So keep an eye on it throughout the course of the week.

A6012CBE-3EAD-43C7-9792-B913ACE82D57.jpeg.ba604a800d470f26172242b434da996d.jpeg

2542EDBB-7612-49B6-8825-224C13CF124C.jpeg.896ee8b1b07aac5afd557f67c81d4112.jpeg

Hi @Frederic Tempeted by your teaser above, but such a long waitlist😋. Hoping to jump on it next time when there is an opportunity.

Edited by Anoop Nair
  • Like (+1) 2

Sorry @Frederic, I have an urgent engagement that’s come up and hence, I won’t be able to make it. This is the second time I’m missing out on a true overlanding drive of yours :(

I have updated the event RSVP accordingly, and it should move the next waitlist into my spot.

Edited by munkybizness
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sad (0) 2

DRIVE RSVP IS NOW CLOSED

image.png.45f6836c4df01cbf710dbcf06ee0b900.png

Guys, please find your convoy positions for tomorrow posted here above.

@Amr Paple @Zubair@george charbel @Ignacio Quindos@Danish Mohammad@Enrico Biscaro @Mahmoud Taha @Quresh Pajero @Murtaza Bhuria @takeshi sobue @Miguel Codes @Thomas Varghese

We will be using Channel 1: 446.006 Mhz.

Please be aware that radio, flag, and shovel are mandatory tools to bring. 

As mentioned earlier this week, this is a more "scenic" kind of drive that allows us to enjoy the terrain. Bring your favorite camera / phone and we hope for a nice morning out in the sand !

See you all tomorrow at 7AM !

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2

@Amr Paple @Zubair@george charbel @Ignacio Quindos@Danish Mohammad@Enrico Biscaro @Mahmoud Taha @Quresh Pajero@takeshi sobue @Miguel Codes @Thomas Varghese

Another great morning out with a super convoy ! 
Great support from @Thomas Varghese and @Danish Mohammad . Thank you so much.

I hope you all enjoyed this different drive flavor. After all we did see sheep, goats, camels, and donkeys 😃

see you all soon in the sand again !

I posted some photos of a classic car center I came across in Falaj Al Mualla on the way home. Definitely nice to see these old Land Rover any other Classics from this Emirati collector. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 4

Important Information

Terms of use