•  

Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Mahafiz - Dubai - 29 May 2022

M.Seidam

Hi, All! 
I have just a quick question- is desert ant a thing to be worried about? I had one on my arm when we were inflating at the exit, I think I squeezed it a little as I brushed it off and in the evening I wasn't feeling so well... maybe it's unrelated....

I don't have Covid, I've done the test and it's negative. 
Online there is some information, but I was just wondering if you've heard anything? Usually it's scorpions and snakes to watch out for 🫣 or so I thought. Thanks for letting me know! 

• Like (+1) 3

Thank you very much dear @M.Seidam for the lovely drive. 

It was my second partial lead and and thank you for all the guidance, assistance and patient with me.  

Also thank you for all the members in convoy for showing up on time and being part of wonderfull drive. 

As @M.Seidam mentioned, performance of the convoy was excellent. We never had to take out the rope or shovel through out the drive.  

Hope to see you all soon on another drive. 

Have a nice week ahead. 👍

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

1 hour ago, Indra Ozola said:

Hi, All! 
I have just a quick question- is desert ant a thing to be worried about? I had one on my arm when we were inflating at the exit, I think I squeezed it a little as I brushed it off and in the evening I wasn't feeling so well... maybe it's unrelated....

I don't have Covid, I've done the test and it's negative. 
Online there is some information, but I was just wondering if you've heard anything? Usually it's scorpions and snakes to watch out for 🫣 or so I thought. Thanks for letting me know! 

Hi @Indra Ozola did you get bitten before you brushed it away ? Is there any local mark on your arm ? If No then its something else . If yes , fortunately that most ant bites are harmless and resolve within days . However some of them can be really annoying ( desert /red ants ) when it stings or bite producing a local burning 🔥 like sensation stemming the Formic acid or venom that inject under the skin leaving an elevated red pimple and can be itchy for a while . Treatment is directed toward the symptoms and prevention of infection which usually result from scratching the area opening the door for pathogens to enter. The best is clean the area and apply some lotion.
Also if the person is known to be allergic to certain thing this might add to the severing of symptoms so local corticosteroids can help. 
Hope you are good soon 

• Like (+1) 4

@M.Seidam Thanks a lot for this! 🙏She was nibbling on my arm, but no real bite as such.... I think. I tried to rule out the scratching thinking I'm just getting paranoid 🙄 

Thanks a lot! And I guess that now in the summer we just have to watch out for all the small crawling things in the sand 😊

• Like (+1) 3

Thank you @M.Seidam for your great lead yesterday. I really liked the way you were increasing the difficulty as the drive progressed. Another interesting area for dune bashing, with some challenging side slopping areas to play and enjoy. I hadn’t climbed Faya before, so it was also good fun trying it a couple times. See you on the next one!

• Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use