Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Scenic UAQ and RAK Trails - RAK - 17 Dec 2022

Frederic

DRIVE RSVP IS NOW CLOSED

image.png.9c049298ba24f1197496f47ea71a5c3e.png

Please find the convoy list for tomorrow. 

We will be using Channel 2: 446.03125 Mhz

Please make sure to bring your radio, shovel, compressor, offroad flag, and pressure gauge / deflator.  For the ones joining us for the very first time we can lend you a radio for your first drive.

A few notes to make things go a bit smoother:

1. When you arrive at the meeting point, park the cars a bit orderly next to each other. There is ample space but this area can be quite busy with farmer pickup trucks and camels on their way to the race track. Start deflating to 14psi if you have Highway HT tyres, or 12psi if you have All Terrain AT tyres.

image.png.b1df91573a19303341b9729c3e566bad.png

2. Please be on time. In our club this usually means arriving 10-15 mins earlier than the mentioned meetup-time so you can deflate your tyres and get the flag installed. That way, by 7AM we would be ready to do the briefing. It might be a bit chilly so bring a sweater or jacket.

3. This drive is perfect to bring family or friends as passengers. We will be driving through the dunes, but we will also make use of existing farm tracks so we have time to relax and they can take some photos of the scenic terrain. We will take at least 2 breaks as well.

4. This drive is not a dune-bashing style drive. I have mentioned this clearly on the drive topic.

5. We will be exiting in Falaj Al Mualla, which is a quiet little town. Have a look around and perhaps try one of the little restaurants in the area. 

6. The last petrol station is located here:

https://goo.gl/maps/jL1UvZakWRjMDpZB9

See you all tomorrow!

In case of emergency, my mobile is 0 5 6 5 0 4 2 6 3 2 

@Mike M. @Ishak@Rashid Alseeni@Sammy Six@rohit kumar@MohamedSherif@lucas amat@Varun Mehndiratta@Theo09@Ahmad Nerat@Frans M@premindra rajaram@Jeetu Sharma@Udit S@Ahmed Wagdy@Danish Mohammad@imranaasghar81@Dodi Syahdar

See you all tomorrow, please find the convoy list and instructions posted here above.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 3

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Thanks @Frederic looking forward to it. 
We have a nice long convoy,  beautiful weather forecast for tomo - a perfect setting for this drive through an awesome terrain. See you all tomo 👍👍

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Unfortunately my car has decided it needs a little break and TLC at the garage. 

Also unfortunately my wallet doesn't agree so I need to resolve this dispute between them both before I can attend the drive so I need to graciously bow out.

Until next time my friends.

Imran 

• Sad (0) 3

4 hours ago, imranaasghar81 said:

Unfortunately my car has decided it needs a little break and TLC at the garage. 

Also unfortunately my wallet doesn't agree so I need to resolve this dispute between them both before I can attend the drive so I need to graciously bow out.

Until next time my friends.

Imran 

Hey @imranaasghar81 hope nothing major? Will miss you, wish your car a speedy recovery - wallet recovery in Dubai is always a challenge 😀

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Hi @Frederic,

Sorry for the late response 😅, my name is Rashid Omar 21 years old from Sharjah, I joined @lucas amata few weeks ago to a newbie desert drive and I liked it 😁 so I decided to join.

I drive a 2008 Toyota Land Cruiser V6 with front and rear tow points available. Going off road was the first thing I did as soon as I received my driving license 3 years ago 😂. But I self learned everything the hard way plus some YouTube tutorials, so I think I know all the basics. I usually go alone with a few friends, so I don’t take high risks by going deep into the desert. But now that I joined the off road club, I can enjoy and increase the level of adventure 🙃✌️.

See you tomorrow… 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

6 minutes ago, Rashid Alseeni said:

Hi @Frederic,

Sorry for the late response 😅, my name is Rashid Omar 21 years old from Sharjah, I joined @lucas amata few weeks ago to a newbie desert drive and I liked it 😁 so I decided to join.

I drive a 2008 Toyota Land Cruiser V6 with front and rear tow points available. Going off road was the first thing I did as soon as I received my driving license 3 years ago 😂. But I self learned everything the hard way plus some YouTube tutorials, so I think I know all the basics. I usually go alone with a few friends, so I don’t take high risks by going deep into the desert. But now that I joined the off road club, I can enjoy and increase the level of adventure 🙃✌️.

See you tomorrow… 

Great introduction @Rashid Alseeni ! Looking forward meeting you !

• Like (+1) 4

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Thanks @Frederic for organizing the drive. It was nice drive. Many thanks for the support team for helping other drivers to enjoy the trip. 

2 weeks ago at liwa drive, i wasnt convinced abt the lengthy checklist @Frederic was asking us to verify. Today i would like to thank him a million time; so he was the reason to make me check the spare tyre and be ready for the un-known.. today i had a tyre buncher while entering the sand, although my tyres were just 3 weeks old and AT... something hit the side wall of the tyre while driving. Nothing to regret. spare was there and checked recently because of liwa drive plus i got the tools and the right help from other drivers to fix it on no-time. Guys, long story short check ur spare tyre from time to time and always be ready...

@Frans M, @Theo09, @premindra rajaram , tea fellas hope u enjoyed the tea 😂😂 back there. 

thanks all and hope to see u all on sand again.

BR,

Ahmad

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

On 12/16/2022 at 6:16 PM, Varun Mehndiratta said:

Hey @imranaasghar81 hope nothing major? Will miss you, wish your car a speedy recovery - wallet recovery in Dubai is always a challenge 😀

Hey! 

It's sorted thank god! 

It was the fricken peddle commander playing havoc with the computer so I just disconnected it and it worked. I do have a couple of broken engine mounts tho as a side note so I'll get them fixed on Monday and it's not so expensive. The rest of the work can wait until I win the lottery ! 

See you soon!

Imran

• Like (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use